Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > XML modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 03-18-2009, 11:34 PM   #1
Fremder
A Ghoul

Server: Tarew - Marr
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Question Making Pet Window Buff area Scrollable.

I'm having a hell of a time getting this pet window to do what I want it to do. Downloaded someone elses mod because the pet window has been re-designed and has a lot more buttons. I am a fan of the horizontal style with the buttons across the top and the buff window below it all.

My problem is that i want the buffs to scroll, I put a Horizontal scroll bar into the buff window but I re-size the window and the scrollbar doesn't activate.

The extra buffs are just off screen, if I drag the window open it shows the buffs but that's not what I want. I only want to see one line of buffs on my warder and the rest to go off screen to the right and have the scrollbar activated so I can scroll across to them.

I've seen it done in the past, but my attempts to study the older pet windows with this feature failed. I tried the old codes on the new window and it bugged out the buff area and turned it black. I also simply can't understand why the scroll bar won't activate when there's too many buffs to display in the current area.

I'm out of ideas, I have been playing with it for two days now with no luck. I'm going to try and get a SS and a copy of the window as I have it currently. I hope someone can figure it out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PetWindowHScroll.jpg (17.7 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg Petwindowcroppedstillnotactive.jpg (14.8 KB, 22 views)
Attached Files
File Type: xml EQUI_PetInfoWindow.xml (73.0 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by Fremder : 03-20-2009 at 07:10 AM.
Fremder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 02:13 AM   #2
Desideratus
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Venril Sathir

Not got time to test this now, but - have you tried defining the buff area as super duper wide (wide enough for 85 buffs) - with no scroll bar - then embedding that piece inside another piece, with a scroll bar, that fits in your pet window?
Desideratus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 05:22 AM   #3
Fremder
A Ghoul

Default Tested making it bigger..

There's a patch going on right now.. I work nights so I'm up and available to try anything most nights but I can't log in to test anything either...

I'll have to learn how to make a window to put the buff window inside of as well, I have no programming experience.

I did try expanding the buff window area to something like 900 by 400 and it just made the entire buff area huge but still blacked out. I'm not sure why that would even happen...

Hopefully I can make some headway tomorrow..

`Fremder
Old 04-05-2009, 08:32 AM   #4
Fremder
A Ghoul

Default Bump still need help with this one..

I know I could probably live with it just how it is but I really can't figure out why the scroll bar doesn't appear, it looks like it's there but yet it doesn't scroll buffs. Will the XML guru's shine their light on my window please?

I'll get Mr. Bear to give you Peanutbutter kisses~!

`Fremder
Old 04-05-2009, 09:21 AM   #5
Halelen
Lord Doljonijiarnimorinar

Server: Povar

Open your xml and scroll down to buffwindow and change the autostretch to false...this will require you to put size and location in for the buff window part.

Hal
Halelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:55 AM   #6
Fremder
A Ghoul

Default You've done it! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halelen
Open your xml and scroll down to buffwindow and change the autostretch to false...this will require you to put size and location in for the buff window part.

Hal

Thank you so much! that's what I was overlooking, In the area that defines the actual buff icons is where you need to define a size for the area the buffs will fill. They kind of confused me for a bit but now I see what is going on. It's like the buff area is made of two parts, an invisible area that the buff icons actually fill, and the stupid buff window area that has no real purpose other than to show you where buffs go if there are no buffs on the pet.

Anyhow, I defined an area, and the scroll bar works perfectly now because the buff area is only one icon high and 800 pixels long. Of coerce the whole 800 isn't shown it's hidden and you can scroll the entire length for those situations where your warder/pet has too many buffs and you just need to see if they have their haste/procs still.

It's just a pet class thing, I <3 the way this window is designed and I hope everyone enjoys it and or is able to edit it even more to their own liking.
I uploaded it to the Pet Window Interface Pieces area just before coming to post here and let you all know it's finished.

Honestly the only thing I wish I could add now is a HP% label over the "Pet's Target" Gauge. But apparently there is no such EQtype for that label, or I overlooked it when I searched for EQtypes on the forum. If anyone knows how to add an additional HP% label for what the pet is targeting that would be icing on the cake, but it's not a must have.

Edit, Modify, Load and..
Enjoy!
Thanks again to Redwan who originally modified the window to have horizontal buttons!

`Fremder
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FinishedPetWindow.JPG (16.3 KB, 14 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Fremder Pet Info Window.zip (56.2 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by Fremder : 04-10-2009 at 10:01 AM.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:42 PM   #7
Angahran
Premium Member

I have a scrolling pet window as part of my UI.
I *think* it should be useable as a standalone window.
(If you try it and it dosen't work, let me know and I'll take a look at it.)

Ang.
Angahran is offline   Reply With Quote