Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Old 07-27-2002, 10:32 AM   #1
Amaprotu
A Snow Cougar

Send a message via ICQ to Amaprotu
Default Great Forum

There is just one thing I would like, clicking 'Mark This Forum Read' should take you out of the forum and back to the top level.

Other than that small feature everything looks great.
Amaprotu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 01:50 AM   #2
Amaprotu
A Snow Cougar

ARG! The 'mark all read' is way buggy!!

I will mark a forum all read. Go back to the top listing of all forums. And yes, its marked with the no new messages icon. I go on and read a few more sections and repeat. Then I notice that the first one I read (and maybe some others) look like they have new messages again. I frequent some busy boards so I think that isn't too unusual and head back to read whats new. Only when I get there all 20 threads that were marked with new messages last time and havn't been updated since I used 'mark forum read' are all marked as having new messages again!

This happens consistantly and is pretty annoying. Makes the 'mark forum read' feature useless.
Old 07-28-2002, 02:46 AM   #3
Dolby
Lord Dolby of Veeshan

Server: Veeshan

Under the User CP button at the top goto Edit Option and make sure you have all cookies enabled.

Seems to be working fine for me on IE6. I'll take a look at it under a couple other browsers and see if I can reproduce the problem.
Dolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 07:37 PM   #4
Amaprotu
A Snow Cougar

I checked all that, still get it sometimes, it's like it only remembers the last 6 or so forums I mark as read.

Anyways, what about my original post? If I click 'mark this forum read' I'm saying I have read everything here (duh) so why am I being taken back to here?? It doesn't make sense, and this is the only forum I have ever seen do that. Clicking 'Mark this Forum Read' should take me back at least one level up, even though I personally would prefer it takes me back to the top level.