Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 10-25-2002, 11:29 PM   #1
ObsisionDialect
A Fire Beetle

Default ERROR with Abattoir UI

UIErrorLog created at Fri Oct 25 21:19:49 2002
[Fri Oct 25 21:19:53 2002] [Line:1201 Source:UIFiles\abattoir\EQUI_PlayerWindow.xml] Couldn't find class:item 'WDT_Player' reference in FieldParseItemOfClass()
[Fri Oct 25 21:19:53 2002] Error loading skin: loading default skin instead.

The steps i took to download and instal this UI are exactly what Abattoir said to to do in the Read Me. -

How to install Abattoir v1.0 EverQuest skin mod.

1) Log in to everquest and set your resolution to 1152 x 864, then log out.

2) Go to the following directory 'EverQuest\uifiles' create a new folder within this directory named 'abattoir'

3) You will see a folder within the 'EverQuest\uifiles' named 'default'. Copy the entire contents of the 'default' folder, and paste it into the 'abattoir' folder (the one you just created).

4) Paste the files contained within the abattoir.zip file into the 'abattoir' folder. Click 'yes to all'.

5) Go to the 'EverQuest' directory, and edit the 'eqclient.ini' file.

Change the following line from:
UISkin=default

To:
UISkin=abattoir

Then save your changes.

6) Go to the directory 'EverQuest\uifiles\abattoirv\' Within this directory you will find a file named 'UI_Abattoir_20' Rename 'UI_Abattoir_20' to 'UI_(your character name)_(your server number)'

Note: replace (your character name) with the name of the charcter who will use this skin.
replace (your server number) with the number that represents the server where this skin will be used.

If you do not know your server number, you can do the following:

Go to the 'EverQuest' directory. You will find files named with the prefix 'UI' followed by your various
character names, followed by your server number. Example: 'UI_Ubergoober_13'

7) Copy and paste the file (the file you renamed from step 6) into the 'EverQuest' directory. You may be prompted, asking if you want to overwrite the file, click yes.

8) If you intend to use this skin with a caster type character, go to the directory 'EverQuest\uifiles\abattoir\' and double click the file named 'caster'. Doing this
will add a mana bar to the player window.

If you intend to use this skin with a non-casting type character, go to the directory 'EverQuest\uifiles\abattoir\' and double click the file named 'noncaster'. Doing this will remove the mana bar from the player info window.

9) Log into EQ with the character you intend to use this skin for, and enjoy.

10) Rinse and repeat for each additional character you want to use this skin.

If anyone can see anything from the UI errors folder entry up above that I did wrong please post =(, thanks
ObsisionDialect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 12:17 PM   #2
Anyini Kie
A Gray Wolf

Server: E'ci
Send a message via AIM to Anyini Kie
Angry

Ok I am not having the same problem . . no errors . . . but having followed directions to the letter what i have looks NOTHING like what I think it is supposed to . . .HELP! I have no clue what the problem is or how to fix it any advice would be helpful)
Anyini Kie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 01:19 PM   #3
Norm
A Gray Wolf

I am also getting an error and cant load the skin. This is my peticular error log...

UIErrorLog created at Sat Oct 26 14:13:04 2002
[Sat Oct 26 14:13:06 2002] [Line:132 Source:UIFiles\abattoir\EQUI_AlarmWnd.xml] Couldn't find class:item 'A_CheckBoxPressed' reference in FieldParseItemOfClass()
[Sat Oct 26 14:13:06 2002] Error loading skin: loading default skin instead.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you
Norm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 01:33 PM   #4
Zandos Soultake
A Bat

Default Ditto!

Back on patch day my two chat boxes stopped working and I couldn't modify the filters.

Today I went to default GUI and deleted the Abattoir dir and re-did the process. Now I get a mix of the default gui and abattoirs'!!
Zandos Soultake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 02:28 PM   #5
Death
A Bat

Unhappy

I am having the same trouble with the ab UI i have the same error as everyone else here
Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 04:46 PM   #6
Weoden
A Fire Beetle

ok, i *fixed* my abattoir and im going to try to recall what i did.

1. reinstalled abattoir per the instructions but i use 1260X1024. This give a funky screen pieces but after moving the pieces around it worked before and does now.

2. removed the abattoir mod from equi_compasswnd.xml
3. copied all lines from the /default equi_animations.xml into the /abattoir equi_animations.xml (overwrite the lines below your abattoir mod section)
4. The mod should work at this point.

~~~~
Additional mod I did.
1. made a /custom directory and copied all the abattoir info into it.
2. changed the eqclient.ini to custom.
3. copied my spell gems and special window into the custom directory.
4. The mod should work at this point.
~~~~
Given I tried things till they worked, I might not have gotten everthing.
Weoden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 04:51 PM   #7
Norm
A Gray Wolf

I fixed my errors by following instructions on the sticky thread I had to add in some lines of code to the animations xml file

my logged error said something about checkboxes, so I added the code for them and it works now
Norm is offline   Reply With Quote