Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > Graphics modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 12-11-2004, 02:02 PM   #1
Fenix8452
A Treant

Server: Tunare
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via AIM to Fenix8452
Exclamation Help with a transparency

Hi, I'm VERY new to coding in XML, and as a first project to try and teach myself, I'm modifying a group window that has all my stats and player window functions built in.

However, I am trying to make a place for the target window to "fit" into. I have seen HotButton boxes and other windows where there is a see thru space built into it that is exactly the right size for another UI piece meant to go with it. How do I get that empty space? I have looked through the XML coding on those pieces that have it already, and I cannot find how they got it to work. I have also looked that the background graphic but it seems solid. What should I be looking for?
Fenix8452 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 04:14 PM   #2
axeion
A Predatory Creeper

Server: bristlebane
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

way i did it in hail to the king httk 1.06 is ui the alpha channel in the tga grafic file .in the grafic where you want a place thats see threw you would draw in the alpha channel only an make it black .

alpha channel is sorta like a light box.any thing black the light light (grafic) dont show threw .shades of grey would let part of grafic show white all and black none.

"A man has honor if he holds himself to an ideal of conduct though it is inconvenient, unprofitable, or dangerous to do so. "
Walter Lippmann
axeion is offline   Reply With Quote