Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > Graphics modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 07-08-2005, 01:17 PM   #1
mikitta
A Snow Cougar

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Windows pieces 1 woes

I want to make my own windows_peices_01.tga. I know that Alpha channels are used, but I am not quite sure how to do it (that is what to make alpha) in order to make it all work.

I've tried to play around with switching out elements to get the customized look I want, but I end up with none of the graphics, even if I edit the pieces directly on the file. I can't do more than floodfill an area and expect to have graphics.

Can anyone give me some pointers on this?

God Bless,
mik
mikitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 01:29 PM   #2
Vaedian C`Narx
A Treant

Server: Povar

I may be thinking of something else, but weren't the alpha channels sorta broken from the last patch?
Vaedian C`Narx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 03:24 PM   #3
axeion
A Predatory Creeper

Server: bristlebane

naw alpha chanels wern't broke .ok try think of alpha channel as a template for what wil be shown an what wount . white = on ,black = off ,greys make faded graphics.

or think of you monitor as a light box the alpha channel is like the paper you would put over it any thing black doesnt let the light shine threw.how you make one in difrent graphic programs varies .need to know what program your useing mikitta.

i use photoshop6 .goes something like magic wand set to 1 pixel anti alseing off ,highilight image with the rope ( some time called marching ants) right click select inverse.then save as alpha or to intersect with old aplha channel.

"A man has honor if he holds himself to an ideal of conduct though it is inconvenient, unprofitable, or dangerous to do so. "
Walter Lippmann
axeion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 04:29 PM   #4
mikitta
A Snow Cougar

AHH ok -

I use PSP8. So I magic wand select the background and make THAT the alpha channel. Make the changes I want to the elements, like borders and buttons and such, apply alpha over my modified Win peices 1 and it should work? I THINK that is what you are saying.

Now, when I save to alpha, what is the best setting to save it on? I'm putting it on any non zero value. Not sure if that is right.

Well, giving it a go in any event

God Bless,
mik
mikitta is offline   Reply With Quote