Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > Graphics modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 11-30-2005, 11:34 AM   #1
Daggun
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Vazaelle
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Question Graphics Help

I am trying very hard to get an idea for a dashboard done that was inspired by Naelia's UI but I cant seem to get the colors and textures to look as good as this. I have drawn the wire frame of the dashboard, could someone tell me how to get these smooth colors and blends? Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: gif frame2.gif (44.9 KB, 26 views)

“I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve…” Bilbo Baggins
Daggun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 12:52 PM   #2
aelflaed
A Tundra Mammoth

Server: The Seventh Hammer

you need to have a program that deals with gradiants... I can tell you how to do it with illustrator or photoshop. I would have to work very hard with illustrator to get it to look the same though 'cause of the bevels and such that I could very easily do in photoshop. Anyway.. if you don't have photoshop or a similar program capable of gradients and beveled textures you're going to have a very hard time getting it to look the same. If not, write on your wireframe where you want what colors and PM me it to me (Full sized) and I'll color it in for you.

70 Rogue of <Forged Souls> The Seventh Hammer
Art Director ~ Vanguard Crafters
aelflaed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 07:32 AM   #3
Daggun
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Vazaelle

Ahh thanks, I forgot how much easier it is to use Paint then Adobe. Thanks for the reminder and thanks for the offer to color it. If you want, feel free to be creative I was thinking of using a black and dark yellow mix myself. Let you know how mine turns out as soon as my business emergancy project is completed today.

Thanks again. I love the ppl on these forums. Always so helpful.
Daggun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 07:59 AM   #4
aelflaed
A Tundra Mammoth

I just got the job as art director over at Vanguard Crafters.. it's an affilitate site for the new game coming out so I've been very busy. It still looks rough now but it's gonna be awsome in a month or two when all the changes go live, kinda like eqtraders meets allakhazam for Vanguard. I got the boys at Vanguard Fighters waiting on me to make them more pictures... several more target rings I would like to do and probably won't get to... I just hope SOE doesn't break the UI in the next month and a half or I'm in trouble.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:09 AM   #5
danny91643
A Lost Soul

Server: Zek

Quote:
Originally Posted by aelflaed
I just got the job as art director over at Vanguard Crafters.. it's an affilitate site for the new game coming out so I've been very busy. It still looks rough now but it's gonna be awsome in a month or two when all the changes go live, kinda like eqtraders meets allakhazam for Vanguard. I got the boys at Vanguard Fighters waiting on me to make them more pictures... several more target rings I would like to do and probably won't get to... I just hope SOE doesn't break the UI in the next month and a half or I'm in trouble.

Grats on the New Job and Good Luck. I've been keeping my fingers crossed to get into the Beta Testing for Vanguard.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:41 PM   #6
aelflaed
A Tundra Mammoth

heh, me too = )