Password

Old 11-03-2002, 02:03 PM   #1
Rikari
A Hill Giant

Server: Veeshan
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default A Druids Preferance

Ok, this is what i have so far of my tweaked Mix and match UI

I use hotkeys for everything so havent had a problem with functionality..

Lemme know what you like/dislike about this mod plz
Ill answer any questions about it that i can.
Also open to any suggestions to further perfect it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg myui.jpg (119.2 KB, 2298 views)

Last edited by Rikari : 11-07-2002 at 11:57 AM.
Rikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 05:36 PM   #2
aalanon
A Ghoul

Default Pure and Utter Crap

Naaaa Im J/K Its a pretty Nice Skin If your a Drood 8P. But then Why does a Drood need a skin They Suck no matter how there skin looks.

BTW: Pyranthos are we Still Going to UP on Sunday?

This has to be a 9/10 Nana post
aalanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 11:29 PM   #3
NomadtheGrey
A Gray Wolf

Server: Tarew Marr

Oh No! It says you have no skins available for download!
NomadtheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 11:56 PM   #4
Rikari
A Hill Giant

Default Not yet

Actually,

I had planned on posting my compiled UI for download, but theres two factors as to why i havent done so as of yet...

1.: Ive been hoping to recieve some constructive criticism as to what to further tweak out and what to leave as is before posting it, yet alas, have revieved about .01% response compared to views.
2.: Ive been gathering information as to who did what so that the proper ppl got credit for the portion they made WHILE waiting to see if i recieved any useful feedback. :P

Lots of ppl have seen it now but arent commenting, so dont know where to go from here... So yes, Im asking again... Speak up ppl!!! Lemme know what ya think dag nab it! hehe

BTW: one of the tweaks I have made is to remove the attack, AC, and Stamina percent Numbers from the group window all together.. I then moved the Hpts/Total Hpts closer to the player name, and put the Exp and AA Exp value Numbers up beside the Hpts/Total Hpts, in order to create room to add a stamina bar below the mana bar that matches the health bar.. Also Set the group window to fade for the transparant effect when in areas where its not painful to try to see the font without a backdrop

(looks much nicer this way imho and makes for more variety of usefulness between the various types of classes)

Attached is a SS of the way the group window looks now to compare to the previous layout and pick which is preferred.

(also, since the group window icontains the player info as well, there is a default player window that i leave off (alt y), thus freeing up that space for a right clickies window, timer, whatever.

Heh, turning out to be a much longer post than i had intended, but still one last thing to mention... Every time i zoned or logged in, i would get an error message saying that there was an error loading my skin and it could cause problems, load /default to fix this... I picked apart and reassembled the skin and finally eliminated the error message... come to find out, it was a problem with the right clickies window i was using... So now, thats one less feature the skin has, but it works like a charm
Attached Images
File Type: jpg slightly_tweaked.jpg (92.5 KB, 713 views)
Old 11-13-2002, 01:25 AM   #5
NomadtheGrey
A Gray Wolf

Looks real nice. Can't find the XP bar though. Does it have one? If not, put one in, and it'll be sweet.

Can't make out the 5 sided thing though, but I'm sure it's useful. Too small for me to make out.

Like the small inventory. The only gripe is very few skins show the primary/secondary slots. Can you put them in someplace? I know this is a Druid skin, yet with the slots available right there even Bards could use it. I played one for a bit, and that was my only complaint.

Sweet Artwork!
Old 11-13-2002, 01:31 AM   #6
NomadtheGrey
A Gray Wolf

I didn't notice before: the tweaked UI, is that the Spell Effects right there on top of the little UI? That is neat. But wouldn't that make it difficult to differentate, say, SoW vs. Snare?

Hmmm...do the spell effects stay grey like the background of the UI? Could be a problem with, say, Thistlecoat vs. Shield of Thistles, which both have same pic, but Yellow vs. Red backgrounds.

Not trying to rip, of course, but you did want honest input.
Old 11-14-2002, 01:27 AM   #7
Rikari
A Hill Giant

Default Hmm

The first pic and the second are identical in all areas that werent mentioned. (ie: the buffs area, inventory window, loc wizard etc etc) In the tweaked Screenshot, i was unbuffed, and toggle the buff window off when i have none on. The thing in the top ciorner is my spell bar (T.Kings Celtic Cast bar) with minor graphical alterations of my own (for the opened/closed) dragon eye effect, or attempt there-of) I got the hotbutton window with the inventory slots in it as it is, but if you would prefer, i COULD alter it to show the primary and secondary slots up top and only display 6 of the main inventory slots instead. Could leave all 8 in there as well, but im a bit lazy to be rearranging sizes and moving things around to incorperate an extra 2 slots, hehe, sad arent i? :P

Oh, and i assume the 5 sided thing you were referring to would be the circular thing with 5 buttons, right? Actually, that is the pet window, witht he top buton being "A" (attack) the ones on the right and left being F and G (follow and guard) and the bottom being T and B (Taunt and Backoff) That is one of Romello's coded windows, and i simply felt was Too unique of a pet window Not to use.

The spell icons can get a bit confusing sometimes (like with your example snare vs sow) But again, Im using T.Kings icons simply because i think they are outstanding visually, and no more confusing than any other icons available.. Besides that, there is always the option: When in doubt, do a mouseover.. that will surely clarify which is which.

Having the experience/AA guages themselves in the window with the player/group info is in fact something Ive been thinking about doing, for asthetic reasons... As it is, i have the numerical value for them in the top corner of the window to minimize total window size.. While the guages would indeed "Look" better there, the # values provide equally functional information..
Although, come to think of it, i did originally ask for assistance for the coding specifically FOR visually appealing reasons.. Perhaps Ill do both ways and make a thread to see which is prefered (this time labeling each component within the jpeg itself)

Anyways... Yes, feedback of any kind is appreciated, so keep it coming and thanks for your input... With enough input, perhaps someday Ill have it just how i want it, a perfect blend of functionality and eye candy without having to sacrifice one for the other
Old 11-14-2002, 10:44 PM   #8
Dunneldeen
A Gray Wolf

Hiya, this is a pretty slick UI. And here are some things I thought about it.

First all around I liked the setup of the first screenshot a bit better, specifically how the group and hp/mana was in the bottom middle of the screen - but thats just layout preferance heh.

I like the options window being really small like that, out of the way, but still there if you need it. Also the spell bar thing is cool, though I find windows that are circular like that are unwielding to place on the square screen, it is still neat. Is there a way to change the color/icon thingie in the middle of it? Just curious, I wouldn't know what to do with it if you could hehe.

I like the bars for the hp/mana but it looks like the mana bar has its ends backwards compared to the other two.

Also, I really like the big target window. Having a big target is nice, but I was thinking it might be better if you could shrink its height a bit (say down to 3/4 its height) and move the target name and health percentage down to the middle...maybe even make the name/number bigger too might be neat, but I do really like the big target windows, hehe.

Oh, btw, what resolution is this for? I run in 1152x864, and usually any UI designed for higher just doesn't work out for me.

So thats what I thought about it, its a pretty slick UI, can't wait till you're finished with the detailing and all, so I can try it out.

Dunneldeen
Dunneldeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 11:14 PM   #9
Sglanton
A Bat

Default Buff timer

I may have missed it said somewhere, but was that a buff timer at the top of the screen?
If so, I am really interested in acquiring that.
Would be great to know how long a buff has left.. = )
Looks great... you seem to have done what I did.. kinda just put your own together based on everything out there. = )
Nice work..
Sglanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 11:37 PM   #10
tadashya
Pixel Pusher

Server: erollisi marr
Send a message via ICQ to tadashya Send a message via AIM to tadashya

Quote:
I find windows that are circular like that are unwielding to place on the square screen, it is still neat

circles are good... curves are efficient and pleasant to look at too.

Original Artwork by Tadashya my current favorite sig slice
tadashya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 04:22 AM   #11
Rikari
A Hill Giant

Default Cool

Lotsa feedback this time checking, sweet. :P Ok, lets see if i can cover everything, hehe..

Few things to clear up off the top of my head... yes, thats a timer bar at the top that i set for the standard 2 1/2 hr KEI

The Hp bar and mana bar are in fact facing opposite... It does that in full group as well with the group players life bars, for the staggered look... all gauges work properly despite which way the "Tube" for them is facing tho, purely a visual effect.

The Large target bar is actually a resizable target bar that I found and have been using with every ui i assemble now. :P, so yes, it can be reduced OR enlarged to fit anyones preferred size.. As for moving the name and health percentage, Im going to tinker around with it, kinda like the idea of all that staying in the center as well, and im fairly certain i can enlarge the name/percent also

I usually run 1024 x 768 so there should be no problem using a higher resolution, just enlarge a few windows, center everything again to accomodate for the hither rez, and voila.

As for the cast bar... Yes, u can change the colors of the center image.. Its a T.King "Celtic Cast bar" that originally was a purple gem in the center.. having the tt.dragonbook, i got the hairbrain idea to make it red, and yellow with a sliver of black in the middle when mouseovered, (dragon eye) Since its the open/ close book button..

I also preferred the player/group window in the bottom middle, made it more convieniant for keepying an eye on everything, and since the mana bar also has a cast bar pop up in it when casting, its nice to keep "In the center" of everything

Well, that pretty much sums it up, now time to get to making those tweaks and posting an updated screenshot when im done.. Wish me lusk, hehe
Old 11-16-2002, 07:22 PM   #12
Kiegh
An Icepaw Kobold

Server: Fennin Ro
Send a message via AIM to Kiegh

Quote:
Originally posted by tadashya
...curves are efficient and pleasant to look at too.

You are definately correct. Curves are quite the eyecatcher.

PS so are dancing bananas! GOOOOO NANNERS!!!

-kiegh
Kiegh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 03:58 PM   #13
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Default Re: Buff timer

Quote:
Originally posted by Sglanton
I may have missed it said somewhere, but was that a buff timer at the top of the screen?
If so, I am really interested in acquiring that.

That buff timer can be configured at:
http://www.horizonsoutpost.com/eq/timer.asp

Just enter your custom options (timer name, duration, etc.) and it will generate the XML for you.

Arista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 10:03 AM   #14
Kiegh
An Icepaw Kobold

Server: Fennin Ro
Send a message via AIM to Kiegh

Arista that is a truly amazing and utterly helpful option. My question is (this might sound dumb) does it show that as the buff and nothing else? cause that would be nice. If it shows the buff icon and this then I wouldn't want the buff icon and would only want the timer thingy. (I've obviously not tried this UI but will as soon as I get my computer back grrrr.) Once again, beautiful work Arista from SeventhHammer.

-kiegh
Kiegh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 12:30 PM   #15
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Quote:
Originally posted by Kiegh
does it show that as the buff and nothing else? cause that would be nice. If it shows the buff icon and this then I wouldn't want the buff icon and would only want the timer thingy.

The timer itself isn't connected to any thing in-game, so it has no knowledge of what buffs are up, etc. You'll see both your regular buff icons and the timer on screen. Whenever you cast a buff, you simply move the slider on the timer to point to the current position of the bar. The timer bar will continue moving, and will give you a constant visual reminder of when your buff will wear out. When the bar reaches the slider again it means that one full duration of the timer has elapsed.
Arista is offline   Reply With Quote