User Name
Password

Old 01-04-2003, 03:17 AM   #1
lunakin
A Shissar Defiler

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Multiple Resolution ScreenWrap UI

<<---See Final Page for LOY Update 2/24--->>

Updated for 1/9 patch, link in this post changed to new files.

Here's a peek:

As you can see, it supports 3 resolutions, with a smaller buff window included for the renaming for 1024 768 resos. Custom frames, buttons, and guages are the graphical bonuses. See the description on the download page and view the readme for more information and credits.

Download page : HERE

Feedback appreciated.

Lunakin

Last edited by lunakin : 02-25-2003 at 01:55 AM.
Old 01-04-2003, 03:33 AM   #2
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony

Looks good.. it was a hard choice to let this one in to complete sets giving who all you thanked.. but i decided it was XML help you were thanking for, and qualified it as orginal work..

good job!

.: Have a question? Read this :.
[ F.A.Q ]
Old 01-05-2003, 11:35 PM   #3
catharz
A Fire Beetle

Server: Tunare

I like this UI, seems to work well at 1024x768 (the highest res my benq LCD monitor supports). I do have some suggestions though.

I can't seem to view any equipment stats or any spell information (anything I hit right-click to view stuff on). Any ideas on fixing this?

I'd also like to see the MP3 player reversed (so I could put it at the bottom of the screen) and the spell text (when you hit ALT) vertically (or the spell bar vertically) so the text doesn't over-lap.

Last edited by catharz : 01-05-2003 at 11:47 PM.
Old 01-06-2003, 01:04 AM   #4
lunakin
A Shissar Defiler

Thanks for the heads up on the item window in 1024, It seems the .ini file only remembers one value for that window position, whereas it will remember positions for multiple rezes on most windows, so it was using the value from the 1280 mod, displaying the window almost completely off the bottom of the screen. The very top border does appear along the very bottom of the screen, near the left corner, but it will blend in with the borders of any window open in that area, so shrink your chat window, right click an item, and watch the bottom of your screen for the border to appear, then slide your mouse off the item icon (still holding your right mouse button) and you've got a locked open item descrp window to drag to somwhere visible. Alternativley, you can load the new character.ini file I'm attaching.

Flipping the MMD skin sounds like something I might could do, I'll look into it. might be a good exercise to get me primed for trying an original mp3 player, give me a couple days to get time to work on it.

The alt key popup text is HardCoded, AFAIK. If someone figures out where the code is to change these pop up descriptons, I'll be looking into modding it myself. I could try shrinking the gems and offsetting them like this:

<> <> <> <>
--<> <> <> <>

which would keep the text from overlapping. Just say so if you want it, but those gems take up a lot of real estate already, which is why I didn't do it originaly.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback, glad you like it

Lunakin
Attached Files
File Type: zip fixedini.zip (2.2 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by lunakin : 01-06-2003 at 01:22 AM.
Old 01-06-2003, 01:39 AM   #5
lunakin
A Shissar Defiler

A vertical casting bar is easy, here ya go.
Attached Files
File Type: zip verticalgems.zip (1.8 KB, 24 views)
Old 01-06-2003, 08:03 AM   #6
busybee
A Bat

Very nice job.

would you please work on a smaller target bar?
Old 01-06-2003, 12:26 PM   #7
lunakin
A Shissar Defiler

"A Compact Target Mod is Incomming!!! Get up! Get on up-ah"

It's about 75% of the original size. You will need the new .tga file found in the .zip as well as the .xml.

Enjoy

Catharz - I was thinking about the mp3 player, and remember reading somewhere on this board that someone else was trying a bottom of the screen one. The problem they were having was that the playlist dropdown menu can only drop down which would put it off the bottom of the screen. Perhaps I will attempt to shrink it, instead...

Lunakin
Attached Files
File Type: zip compactknotgauge.zip (15.9 KB, 11 views)
Old 01-06-2003, 01:04 PM   #8
Curumtiny
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Tarew Marr

I love this new mod I am using it in the 1280x1024 and find it AWSOME

The only thing I notice is I get a nasty lag when trying to get the Mp3 player to look in the directories. Is that on the MP3 window or would that just be a long seek time on my hard disk?

Thanks for the awsome work on it once again.

Curumtiny Call Me Yoda
Gnome Warrior (GnomeLord) Level 65
Tarrew Marr
Guild Officer: Invictus Verite
Click on Signiture for Magelo Profile
Old 01-06-2003, 02:32 PM   #9
Torelorm
A Gray Wolf

Works great in 1792x1344, but I am having issues getting any of the spell gems to work. The vertical mod is way too small and I could not get the icons resized properly.

I tried Moofo and Drakah spell gems, but the icons are all blacked out unless I crank down the opacity.

I'll keep playing with it to see if I can get some big spell gems, but that is the only issue that I have had so far.

Great mod.
Old 01-06-2003, 07:10 PM   #10
lunakin
A Shissar Defiler

Curumtiny - yes that lag is just Everquest, I get the same lag using the default mp3 player. It seemed really bad the first couple of times I tried loading stuff from my harddrive, but it got better after I used it.

Torelorm - 1792x1344? what are you playing on, a 32"plasma screen? I could make the gem holders bigger, but I'm not sure about resizing the actual icons, I'll probably need to fiddle with the Animations file, which may take a while. Someone must have tried this already. /em reaches for the 'search' button.

Glad you all are liking it so far

Lunakin
Old 01-08-2003, 10:19 AM   #11
Curumtiny
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Tarew Marr

I tried it for the first time with my caster yesterday and I like the spell book. But their is only 1 thing I had trouble finding was the place to click to go to next and previous spell book pages. Once I found the place I kept on having problems finding it again to turn the pages. Is their away to make the buttons to show for the page turning?
Old 01-08-2003, 02:19 PM   #12
lunakin
A Shissar Defiler

I've finished a couple things that were asked for. The spellbook with visible page buttons, I mainly use arrow keys to flip pages, so I was keeping it minimalist, but for those of you who need it, it's in the attached .zip.

Also in the .zip is a scaled down MMD player. It's about 10% smaller, to make it fit in the 1024 768 setup, but squishing it makes the button text a bit hard to read, the time and track display are still quite legible, though. It uses the same 2 graphic files (bg_winamp.png and winampbutton.png) which aren't in the .zip if you are using it outside of the full mod.

Still trying to hammer out large icons for the spellbar, but with the patch tonight/tomorrow, I may need to move it to the back burner for a bit.

Lunakin
Attached Files
File Type: zip book_player.zip (4.4 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by lunakin : 01-08-2003 at 06:11 PM.
Old 01-08-2003, 02:23 PM   #13
Torelorm
A Gray Wolf

If you can just toss me a hint on what I need to change then I may be able to work out the spell bar. Seems whatever I try does not do what I expect. Most of the time it just moves the icon around, and I think that is partly due to the layer that is in there.

In any case, I will hang out or keep playing with it. Just can't figure out how to get other spell gems to work without the graphics blacking out.
Old 01-08-2003, 06:09 PM   #14
lunakin
A Shissar Defiler

Well, thanks to Odaku's post I got it figured out. Here's the bigicons zip. The icons are kind of grainy at 1600, due to the resize. Because of some hardcoding limitations, I was only able to double the size, where I would have liked to have them a bit smaller than double. This is the horizontal version as default, with vertical format also in the zip, just need to rename it.

OK, the enlarged gem .tgas are too big to attach. If you have graphic editing capabilities, open up the 2 default gemicon.tgas and resize them to 512 512, then save them. If you don't have a .tga editor, try using the tgas from Odaku's page with these .xmls

Hope this works for you

Lunakin
Attached Files
File Type: zip largegems.zip (9.7 KB, 5 views)
Old 01-08-2003, 08:35 PM   #15
borrumthedwarf
A Fire Beetle

Question bit of trouble

i'm having some trouble getting this ui to work. i've installed ui's before so i'm pretty familiar on how to set them up but for some reason this one just won't work, so i'm assuming i missed something. does the folder name matter at all? i have mine under "LunarWrap", i've tried "lunarwrap" also with no differences. it seems the .ini file is half working because the windows did rearrange themselves but still look like the original interface but my screen shrunk down also.

i have the folder in the "uifiles" directory, and renamed and copied the .ini file into the everquest directory.

i really like how this ui looks, any ideas on what could be the problem?