Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 07-18-2004, 10:30 AM   #1
Slayan
A Fire Beetle

Server: Fennin Ro
Default Yes , No box

Having a problem with my box that asks if you want to pick up , drop, or destroy box, it doesnt give me a yes or no at the bottom to click. I have this problem with the defaulf UI and custom ones. I have deleted both now and re-installed them with the same problem.
Slayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 10:44 AM   #2
Drakah
Skinning Guru

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

delete your Default uifiles folder and repatch, then delete your UI INI file, looks like you have the box off the screen and a default UI bug

Drakah

shakahr.com
Remember...it is only a GAME
Drakah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 11:39 AM   #3
Vitaee
Enhanced Imperial Golem

You don't need to go this far. Follow the info in this section of the FAQ.

Missing yes/no buttons??

Old 07-18-2004, 01:33 PM   #4
kenney
Bad Ass Kitty

Server: if you know me you know =P

But why does this happen ?? even if your useing default it still does.. why would a company make something not work even in default? thats what got me pissed..even if you do a full scan it dont find anything wrong..
kenney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 01:45 PM   #5
forry
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Server: Tarew Marr

Quote:
why would a company make something not work even in default?

Most software has some type of bug in it....this is just one that Sony's has Wish I could explain it, but I've never personally had this problem (YET!)

forry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 01:54 PM   #6
Dolby
Lord Dolby of Veeshan

Server: Veeshan

Quote:
Originally Posted by forry
but I've never personally had this problem (YET!)

Same here but I know alot of other people do.

Is there a way to reproduce the problem so I can have it happen to me and then Kudane or I could pass it on to some one at SOE?
Dolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 02:13 PM   #7
AloneStarwalker
A Shissar Disciple

i believe it happens if an ui has a smaller than default confirmation box, and then you relaod default, and then another ui, i believe it some bug with it not reading the size of the box from the xml, but from character ui file.
AloneStarwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 03:01 PM   #8
Vitaee
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Quote:
Originally Posted by AloneStarwalker
i believe it happens if an ui has a smaller than default confirmation box, and then you relaod default, and then another ui, i believe it some bug with it not reading the size of the box from the xml, but from character ui file.

This is EXACTLY the case. If you want to reproduce this problem, use any ui that has a smaller than normal confirmation window. (btw, this is the window that's used for rez confirmation, dropping an item, etc... anything that should have yes/no buttons at bottom). What happens is that for some reason, the smaller size of the confirmation window is saved in the ui_char_server.ini file. When you then switch to another ui, or even back to the default ui, the interface still reads the ini file for the size of the confirmation window. The buttons are still technically there, but they are below the visible portion of the window. That is, the window is 150 x 100 pixels, but the buttons are being drawn starting at position 0 x 125. Those who have the problem, if they look carefully, will notice that the confirmation box with the missing buttons is smaller than the normal confirmation box.

Ideally, when you switch to a ui that has normal sized confirmation boxes, the ini file should be updated with the size of the confirmation box from the xml file, but for this particular window it isn't. With most windows, only the position of the window is determined by the setting in the ini file with the size being determined by the values in the xml file. HOwever, with this window, both the position and the size of the confirmation window are determined by the ini file regardless of what the xml file says.

The fix from SOE is obvious. Make the confirmation box, like the rest of the windows in the ui, determines its size from the xml file, and determine it's postion (and ONLY it's position) from the ini file.
Vitaee is offline   Reply With Quote