Password

Old 01-23-2004, 04:44 PM   #1
Kialya
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Ayonae Ro
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Question Resized Raid window

Well I copied this from my first mistaken post in the developers section

I am a cleric who regularly raids with 50+ folks. I keep my raid window up at all times during raids but I reposition it so that the right half is off the right side of my screen to minimize the impact this has on my screen. I play in 1024X768 and it seems I am always tinkering with differnt UI pieces to find a good fit which takes up the least space.

So my wish/question is this. Is it possible to make the raid window smaller so it takes up less room and shows more groups without me having to scroll up or down .. the only Raid window mod I found in the download helps at least because it relocated the raid buttons on the right side instead of the bottom, so that leaves me a bit more room, but I would really love to see it shrunk at least 2x smaller.
Old 01-24-2004, 04:40 AM   #2
mortis42
eqmods.mortis42.net

Server: Rodcet Nife
Send a message via ICQ to mortis42 Send a message via AIM to mortis42 Send a message via MSN to mortis42 Send a message via Yahoo to mortis42

Try this one, I made it for personal use awhile back when I was still raiding regularly.
Attached Files
File Type: zip equi_raidwindow.zip (1.7 KB, 48 views)
mortis42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 02:25 AM   #3
Utaeladil
A Treant

Server: Tarew Marr
Send a message via ICQ to Utaeladil Send a message via AIM to Utaeladil Send a message via Yahoo to Utaeladil
Default Hmm

The download isn't working for me...well the d/l is but I can't extract it due to CRC errors...
Utaeladil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 02:49 AM   #4
mortis42
eqmods.mortis42.net

Send a message via ICQ to mortis42 Send a message via AIM to mortis42 Send a message via MSN to mortis42 Send a message via Yahoo to mortis42

I opened it with two different decompresion utilities (WinZip & WinRAR) and both of them read it fine.
I would guess that it is a problem with your download or you are using an old decompresser.

Try downloading it again and upgrading your compression utility.

I compress all my files with WinZip 9.0beta and it is possible that if you are using a version earlier than 8.1 you may have problems reading the compression.

Just to cover the bases, here is another copy of the window.
Attached Files
File Type: zip raidwindow.zip (1.7 KB, 28 views)
Old 01-25-2004, 04:15 AM   #5
Utaeladil
A Treant

Send a message via ICQ to Utaeladil Send a message via AIM to Utaeladil Send a message via Yahoo to Utaeladil
Default That worked!

The 2nd download you attached worked just great. FWIW I use the latest version of winace for most of my unzipping but when that failed I tried the built in windows xp compression util also. On the first download, and I downloaded it 6 or 7 times, when I open it with winace it opens up fine at first, then I get a pause...then about 5 seconds later it acts as if I am ADDING the contents of my desktop to it... I don't see ADDING or anything but they suddenly show up inside the .zip as if they were there...then it gives me CRC errors and closes...

And when I tried windows to open it, it displayed the contents (or content I should say) just fine... but if I tried to drag the file out to the desktop, or copy and paste, it just never appeared where it was supposed to lol... /shrug...but the 2nd download worked fine...I'll try it

Thanks!
Old 01-25-2004, 04:34 AM   #6
mortis42
eqmods.mortis42.net

The first file was compressed using 64-bit compression I believe. It is a new format that many other zip utilities do not recognize. I use it for my back-up as it allows larger files at a better compression ratio. I forgot to change it to the old standard compression that I try to use for public files.

I apologise for the difficulty.
Old 01-25-2004, 02:57 PM   #7
Utaeladil
A Treant

Default No problem

No problem. I'm just glad it works now. I also raid a lot and the smaller raid window you provided will be INVALUABLE!
Old 01-25-2004, 08:41 PM   #8
Kialya
A Shissar Disciple

Ty for attaching your raid window
I downloaded it and tried it on the default UI and got that lovely
"your files are not compatable with the current interface .." text.

When you fix it, is there any chance you can make it even more smaller by chance? (I like the concept!)
Kialya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 10:41 PM   #9
mortis42
eqmods.mortis42.net

I am currently working on a UI for 800x600 resolutions for a friend, and the Raid window is on the list of files needing to be changed.

I'll move it up in the queue and try to get that posted here for you when I finishthat window.
Old 02-23-2004, 12:32 PM   #10
Kialya
A Shissar Disciple

Ty Mortis
Old 02-23-2004, 07:54 PM   #11
mortis42
eqmods.mortis42.net

Hiyas,
Sorry I haven't uploaded anyihtng on this yet. I have taken a small break from messing with the interface.

Also, with the new Discord buttons, I am not sure exactly how I want to integrate them. Right now I ahve just slapped them at the bottom just to keep the window functional.

Here is that update, if you would like it.

I should start messing around with the windows again soon.

With that, I'd like some advice on where the buttons optimally should be located.
Also, what is Raid Rank and Role?
Attached Files
File Type: zip slimraid.zip (2.0 KB, 21 views)
Old 02-23-2004, 11:07 PM   #12
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Quote:
Originally posted by mortis42
Also, what is Raid Rank and Role?

Raid Leader, Group Leader, Main Assist, etc

Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Cairenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 01:53 PM   #13
Kialya
A Shissar Disciple

Well, today's patch broke my favorite Raid window. I attempted to fix it following the UI changes thread but that did not work. Anyone able to fix this one to work with the patch?