Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > XML modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 05-07-2004, 03:19 PM   #1
narrwin
A Snow Griffin

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default CopyOF HELP!!!!

I am having some troubles with trying to add some adventure request window info to the hotbutton window. I added the timers from the adventure window to the hotbutton window and named them CopyOFblablahblah, but when i load it up into eq i get the red XML error message, can anyone help me fix this problem?
narrwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 04:30 PM   #2
mortis42
eqmods.mortis42.net

Server: Rodcet Nife
Send a message via ICQ to mortis42 Send a message via AIM to mortis42 Send a message via MSN to mortis42 Send a message via Yahoo to mortis42

Start HERE
mortis42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 04:36 PM   #3
narrwin
A Snow Griffin

K tons of lines of errors all saying the same thing, Attempting to use file from Default skin.

The following errors are different and are relivent <sp> to what i had done, im trying to add adventure request info onto my hotbutton window:

[Fri May 07 16:01:03 2004] Error: Could not find child AdvRqst_EnterTimeLeftLabel in window AdventureRequestWnd

[Fri May 07 16:01:03 2004] Error: Could not find child AdvRqst_CompleteTimeLeftLabel in window AdventureRequestWnd

[Fri May 07 16:01:03 2004] Error: Could not find child AdvRqst_ProgressTextLabel in window AdventureRequestWnd
Old 05-07-2004, 04:43 PM   #4
mortis42
eqmods.mortis42.net

Send a message via ICQ to mortis42 Send a message via AIM to mortis42 Send a message via MSN to mortis42 Send a message via Yahoo to mortis42

Looks like when you copied the pieces from the AdvRequest window you didn't actually copy them, but moved them.

Replace your AdvRequest window with the original file, or add the code back in.
Old 05-07-2004, 04:59 PM   #5
narrwin
A Snow Griffin

How do i add them to my hotbutton window then??
Old 05-07-2004, 06:19 PM   #6
mortis42
eqmods.mortis42.net

Don't change what you did to your hotbutton window, yet.

Right now, just fix the AdvRequest window. this way you can try loading the UI again, and if it doesn't work you can post the new errors from your UIErrors.txt file.
Old 05-08-2004, 05:37 PM   #7
narrwin
A Snow Griffin

I can not seem to figure out how to fix the adventure request window
Old 05-09-2004, 12:17 AM   #8
mortis42
eqmods.mortis42.net

Well, considering the limited amount of information taht you have been giving, it is very hard to help you any more.

If you are using a AdvRequest window you got form EQinterface...just redownload it and put it back in.
If you are using the default one, then just delete it.
Old 05-09-2004, 04:06 PM   #9
narrwin
A Snow Griffin

this is what i did, i used my custom ui that i have and dragged the timers from adventure window onto the hotbutton window that i had up in sidl widl. i saved my progress and then loaded it in eq. That is what i did to get the error i have now.
Old 05-09-2004, 04:30 PM   #10
mortis42
eqmods.mortis42.net

I still dont know if you are changing a UI/mods that you downloaded from here or if this is a UI completely of your design.
I still dont know if you were changeing the default windows or windows that were previously modified.
Thanks for telling me you used SIDLWIDL to make the changes, that helps me know how messed-up it is.
Here are some more answers:

If your custom UI did not have a modified AdvRequest window, before you made these changes, then just delete the file from your custom UI folder.

If your UI used a custom AdvWindow, then restore it from the backed-up version.

If you do not have a backed-up copy, then you will have to fix the code that you removed.

If you can't restore the changes you made, then you will need to start over, or zip up the files and send them to someone that can make the fixes.

When working in SIDLWIDL, never drag pieces form one window into another. It will try to move the code in the new window, but still leave some of it in the original window.

If you want to copy code form one window to another, then you should use a text editor to copy/paste/rename.

I only use SIDLWIDL as a viewer to see how the changes I want to make, or have made, look without having to load into EQ. The program was never completed, and does some strange things at times.
Be careful when saving in it, it will save every window that you opened/looked at regradless if you made any changes. It will convert the case of your true/false many times. And it's behaviour has changes sometimes with different versions of .NET.
Old 05-10-2004, 05:23 AM   #11
narrwin
A Snow Griffin

I deleted the advrequest file and when i loaded it up in eq it reset to default. If anyone can help me fix this problem lemme know.
Old 05-10-2004, 12:16 PM   #12
mortis42
eqmods.mortis42.net

narrwin,
Since you obviously really don't want someone to help you, but rather do it for you, I will be unsubscribing from this thread.

Apprently you forgot this part of what I said earlier:
Quote:
Originally posted by mortis42
. . .Right now, just fix the AdvRequest window. this way you can try loading the UI again, and if it doesn't work you can post the new errors from your UIErrors.txt file.

You sure do as little as possible to help someone to help you. I've tried asking you, in no uncertian terms, to give me more information and you do not. In my previous posts even. What more do you expect?
Old 05-10-2004, 01:42 PM   #13
narrwin
A Snow Griffin

Excuse me? Did i say poor me please someone do this FOR me? No i didnt. I did what you told me to do, i deleted the file. I am SOOOO sorry im not as smart as you are. How else is someone to learn if no one teaches??? The only thing i learned from anyone on this site is only look out for yourself. You tell me to look in the uierror.txt, GREAT, i did that and i have no freakin clue what im looking at. I also believe you told me to send my ui to someone and have them fix it, NO i want to learn how to do this, and its obvious that you know more then i about this program but instead of being helpful you openly put me down on a public forum. Do you get off on putting people down who know less then you? What you could have done was given me INFORMATION on how i could fix this problem MYSELF! Wow, actually you know what, that would have been to much work for you, thanks again for the public humilation, and yes i know i cant spell either and my grammer is bad.
Old 05-30-2004, 12:21 AM   #14
Nitefang
A Hill Giant

Default Not Sure

I read this thread and think I may be able to shed some light on the trouble - if this is stuff you already know I appologize for repeating it - but since I hate to see ppl upset over something that looks to be a communication problem I thought I'd start from scratch and be very wordy lol.

certain elements MUST stay in certain windows - if you try to move them you get errors like you posted - in your first step, you actually moved the elements from the "parent" window to the new one by dragging them over, that is your mistake right there, you will continue to get errors until you put those elements back where they originally came from -

1. Once they are back in the original window, you can just size them to 0 and they will "dissapear" from view in that window - they are still there, but not viewable - that makes EQ happy and you wont get that error after that.

2. next step is to copy the code for the elements you want in the new window, making sure you are using a unique name for the elements you copy over - <to avoid generating more errors>

in short - dont "move" the elements by dragging them - make copies by using unique names for the elements in the code, some people use thier initials to make them unique, some use "CopyOf" - as long as it has a unique name from the original you wont confuse EQ....

I hope this was helpful in some way - I'm no expert, but I think that should go a long way to fixing the problem.
Nitefang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 01:53 PM   #15
QuintenWolfe
A Fire Beetle

Interestingly, I am also learning this, and Mortis, I never saw Narrwin ask someone to do this for him.

I search, learn and figure things out. As long as someone points me in the right direction and takes the time to do so, I can usually figure it out.

However, it is apparant, that those with knowledge, here and elsewhere, feel that they themselves are far superior to others, maybe so.. in the face of what I know about physics and dynamic electro-magnetic fields, I would be far superior to MOST anyone here on that subject.

But, if asked a question, I would not hesitate in explaining.

Knowledge isn't power, folks.

Sharing your knowledge is power........ To not do so, is ignorance.. and contrary to the saying... Ignorance, is NOT Bliss.

UIErrors.txt tells alot. Yes. dont try to read it like a Note, or a Letter.. think of it as a Quick Reference to what you have been working on. And use it. It wont tell you how to fix the problem. Just look at files that DO Work, and compare it to yours.
QuintenWolfe is offline   Reply With Quote