Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > XML modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 07-28-2002, 07:07 PM   #1
xasam
A Bat

Default Autoequip on main screen

I have tried various tricks but cannot make Inventory autoequip go onto another window (e.g. the hotkeys window). I think maybe autoequip is a special case that only works on the inventory window, but if anyone has any insight I'd appreciate it.
xasam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 01:42 AM   #2
Granbo
A Bat

I tried to put the autoequip area to the hotbuttons windows too. It would be a nice feature to put e.g foraged items in my inventory. In another forum I found a posting saying that there are some problems with caching and duplicate screen items. So far I haven't tried removing the autoequip area from the inventory window, but perhaps this might solve the problem.
Granbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 12:28 AM   #3
WixenDaBomb
A Ghoul

Server: Xegony

I too have been trying this with no luck. Would be great for us foragers!

(And those of us that die alot) LOL
WixenDaBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 09:36 AM   #4
vertebrae
Featured Artist

Featured Artist

I'm having the same problems trying to get the autoequip window into the hotkey window. After much crashing and rebooting, wash, rinse, repeat,.. im convinced this is not possible.
vertebrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 05:33 PM   #5
Faedilest
A Ghoul

Server: Cazic Thule

Same here
Faedilest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 09:09 AM   #6
Wonderbiff
A Ghoul

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default hmm

I pasted the charinfo code from inventory into the buff box and made it a 30x30 icon. I gave it a pieces name like PW_CharacterView I left the screen name the same. I can't drop anything into it like everyone else.

I would imagine that they don't allow autoequip to work in any other window except for the inventory window like the first post says... so for those of us that wanted this feature we are going to have to wait for for them to improve the ui or make the autoequip window out of the inventory window and move all the other items off of the inventory window into say the "help" window. This would be ok except for the fact that this would be the only autoequip window.

I tried to add a totally new window with that code in it. It just never drew that window. So that is why I put it in the buff window. Could see it but it didn't work...

I wonder if you removed the item from inventory totally and used the original pieces name IW_CharacterView in any other window if it would be autoequip? More testing to do .. if some one does this today please report otherwise I may do it tonight and report tomorrow...

Anyhow it sucks. This interface is so limited you can pretty it up quite a bit and do some cool things but nothing like fix a stupid problem.
AB

Last edited by Wonderbiff : 07-31-2002 at 10:14 AM.
Wonderbiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 01:54 PM   #7
Panamah
A Ghoul

Default Autoequip on loot window

Wow, if anyone ever figures this out, or if the UI allows it, an Autoequip box on the loot window would be awesome.
Panamah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 11:08 AM   #8
Trewayn
A Ghoul

It looks as if the UI is hardcoded to look for IW_CharacterView in EQUI_Inventory.xml If you attempt to delete or rename IW_CharacterView then the engine chokes, throws up an error and crashes out completely.

As such, the thing looks to be hardcoded for EQUI_Inventory.xml only. So no Auto Equip boxes are allowable in any other windows at this point in time.
Trewayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 11:11 AM   #9
dssk
A Bat

Left clicking on corpse inventory will auto equip items
dssk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 11:15 AM   #10
Saoshen
A Snow Cougar

You mean right clicking on corpse inventory will auto equip..

What I personally would like to see is, make the WHOLE inventory background autoequipable...

so instead of having to drop on a specific area, anywhere in the inventory (thats not already has a drop) is autoequip...

Another idea is, if the autoequip box is hard coded to the inventory screen... to move all or most everything else OFF the inventory screen, on to other windows (friends/player/group/etc), and simply keep the autoequip window open and positioned where you want it...

Last edited by Saoshen : 08-01-2002 at 11:22 AM.
Saoshen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 01:38 PM   #11
Panamah
A Ghoul

Default Autoequip on loot window

True, that isn't necessary. Forgot about that. The only time it might be handy is when you loot something no drop off a mob corpse, because it sticks to your cursor.
Panamah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 02:04 PM   #12
Cinius Shade
A Ghoul

The UI we're working on puts the auto-equip in the bottom right corner..I don't remember which window we're attatching it too but I'll look at it a bit later.

Cin
Cinius Shade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 02:22 PM   #13
Trewayn
A Ghoul

Saoshen

That's a good idea but it is one hell of a cludge and will probably break should VI do anything with the inventory screen at a later date. Also, the utility of having the inventory screen bound to a single key press is too useful to lose.

Personally, I would very much like to see the AutoEquip box as a new box type, so that we could easily position it anywhere we wanted. I've left feedback to this effect. I suggest anyone who feels the same way do the same.
Trewayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2002, 01:24 PM   #14
Sylphan
A Predatory Creeper

Default switching inventory

I seriously considered moving everything else out of the inventory window except for autoequip. But the coins, the destroy button, the skills button, and the AA button can't be moved either. Maybe it'd be worth it to keep seven small buttons on the screen (or hidden, slightly off the screen) in order to have autoequip, but I'm not convinced.

My next idea is to put autoequip in the upper left corner and make the inventory screen minimizable. There might be just enough room, if I made a custom window type with an odd shaped titlebar, to have only the autoequip visible while minimized. But I'm still concerned that my inventory window will be automatically closed every time I finish looting something -- that would ruin the effect.
Sylphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2002, 01:31 PM   #15
Dalink
A Snow Cougar

Server: Povar
Cool This is what I did = )

First off, Props to Statix Cinderblade for this excellent mod!!

Ok, after using the Quartz theme for some time now, I thoroughly enjoy it. However the Inventory seemed out of place, and extremely redundant.

Seeing that most of the Inventory items are already included in the current Quartz layout, I simply put the missing Inventory slots into the "Friends" window and Hot-keyed it much the same way Inventory is Hot-keyed to "I". I then overlayed it on one of the two Hitzmode windows at the bottom of my screen. This placed these inventory items right next to the rest of the inventory items already included in quartz. I liked it!

Now I had a pretty useless inventory window, right? Nope.. I made it into a window that can always stay open Purely for AutoEquiping!! I also included the other buttons that could only be in the Inventory window all nicely laid out over the main chat window in a non obtrusive manner..

And here is a Ss of my efforts. Whatcha think?

BTW, this is completely unofficial as I've yet to be able to get ahold of Statix.

Now, two questions..

1. is there any way to keep the autoeauip box from fading?

2. is there any way to make the ui keep the Inventory open everytime the UI opens up?

Hope I can get some answers.