Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > General UI Talk > hybrids
User Name
Password

Old 10-22-2002, 07:15 AM   #16
Demon_Moon
A Bat

Server: Fennin Ro

Looking very nice, I also have been searching for a UI for my SK, looking forward to your finished product. Great job keep it up.
Demon_Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 05:49 PM   #17
gizzlore
A Fire Beetle

this UI is looking super sweet bro im a lvl 61 sk myself and this thing looks uber awsome. if you get it done bro i hope you post it here so people like me the technoligy challenged can use it as well =) id take it as is go ahead and post it now =)
gizzlore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2002, 10:23 AM   #18
Jarlo
A Fire Beetle

Server: The Tribunal

Holy cow this is an incredible UI. Please post it!! Sooner better than later-- we can just d/l updated versions later

Only thing I can think of adding, if you could fit it in, is a timer for Harm Touch

Last edited by Jarlo : 10-24-2002 at 10:31 AM.
Jarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 07:57 PM   #19
Krotus
A Hill Giant

Been awhile Rolleo
Whats happening?
Ive been looking forward to using your mod.
You're killing me!
Krotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 03:29 PM   #20
Rolleo
A Snow Griffin

Yeah, sorry for the delay. I've made some small changes that had a big impact. heh Broke more then it fixed. That and just generally finishing the mod. I'm making progress, and hopefully will have the first version ready for download within the week

/em crosses fingers
Rolleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 03:40 PM   #21
gizzlore
A Fire Beetle

oh yeah baby thats what i like to hear i have been using blue fantasy and aly quartz in the meantime but im fiegning for your UI rolleo keep up the good work =)
gizzlore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 04:43 PM   #22
tadashya
Pixel Pusher

Server: erollisi marr
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to tadashya Send a message via AIM to tadashya

that a true cutout of what the sk epic looks like?

Original Artwork by Tadashya my current favorite sig slice
tadashya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 11:46 PM   #23
Rolleo
A Snow Griffin

Yes, that is taken directly from a SS in game. I had to remove the transparent bobbing ruby from the hole in the hilt, and the dark purple aura around the blade, but other then that, it's as faithful a representation as I could come up with.

The ruby and the aura were omitted because they are both transluscent, and since i've yet to figure out how to set a transparency level for the images allowed in the UI, I decided it would be best to not have solid color where they would normally go.
Old 10-30-2002, 11:54 PM   #24
xndor
A Snow Cougar

to tad, yes that looks jsut liek it , except he dose not show the handel by the hexigon hole and in game there is a skull floating up off the skul on the handel it looks great
Old 10-30-2002, 11:55 PM   #25
tadashya
Pixel Pusher

I have yet to get a close look at my Sk's epic (vexation there in my sig is only lvl 27) .. that's why I am curious. If you need someone to take a crack at it email me a really good screenshot of it and I will see what I can make of it for ya
Old 10-31-2002, 12:44 AM   #26
Rolleo
A Snow Griffin

while i'm here, here's the most recent ss I have of the progress. I took it while I was checking image alignment, and other stuff.

I'm still deciding how I want to do the pet window, it will more than likely go in the upper right hand corner, in the space between the point of the sword and the edge of the screen. I'm just deciding what sort of image to use that will mesh nicely with the theme and the fact that it will be placed at the end of the sword.

I'm also not sure i'm happy with the placement of the spell gems on the casting bar. I'm considering making it a part of the hilt itself, sorta like little jewels embedded in the hand guard, but since that's not how the sword really looks, i'm not sure if i'll do that. /shrug

The red gem in the hilt also doubles as the spell casting meter. When you cast a spell, a red skull appears inside the pentagon where the gem is, and disapears as the spell expires.

As always, feedback is welcome:

Old 10-31-2002, 12:51 PM   #27
Jatku
A Gray Wolf

Lightbulb

Hey ya,

Great job on the mod/skin, keep up the great work!

Oh, as for the spell gems why not run them horizontally, parallel to the sword blade, either directly above or bellow it. Here's a horizontal bar from T.king, and Rem which I'm quite fond of:

http://pub165.ezboard.com/ftranscen...icID=44.to pic

If not, perhaps a configuration like this (around the swords gem):

http://pub165.ezboard.com/ftranscen...icID=48.to pic

To get back the glow of the sword blade why not create an extra border-less, title-less window (spare chat window perhaps), and match the background color of the window to the color of the swords glow... size it to fit wear it would be the most accurate, lock it there, and set an acceptable transparency level. It wouldn't be a perfect match but it would work. To bad their is no way to some how link the code that makes your combat window "pulse" when in auto-attack mode to the sword and have its blade's glow "pulse" when in auto attack, how sweet would that be? For those people that were complaining that the sword was to big or in the way, why not make the sowrd itself slightly transparent... might give a cool ghostly effect, and then it wouldn't be as obstructing. Honestly I love it, just an idea to help keep everyone happy.

For a pet window this one might suit your needs, and could match your skin set with only slight hue adjustments:

http://pub165.ezboard.com/ftranscen...icID=43.to pic

I Know it's to big to fit next to the sword blade as you desired, but I only keep my pet window up when I have one summoned. On raids and such when I'm pulling and don't have one it just gets in the way. Then again I'm one of those people that likes his view space as clean and un-cluttered as possible.

Why not have the %'s for target HP, your HP, and Mana in the middle of the bar itself... like you did for the majority of the other bars?. Oh and would it be possible to move, shrink, or alter the weight indicator in some way so you could perhaps fit two other equip slots in the row with the primary and secondary slots (chest, and face/bracer perhaps). Personally I'd love to just have a row of four of the more commons slots with right clickies (Chest, an Ear, a Bracer, & Face) but thats just cause I'm greedy/self serving, and that s what would suit me best.

All your graphics look great (especially the original graphics), and are incredibly neat/smooth, even the epic blade looks great... the "guard" however under such strong magnification looks extremely polygonal... perhaps replace the guard with an artist rendition?

I always say this with this type of mod (wear everythings all nice and neatly goruped together), why not make use of /viewport?

Their are a couple other minor adjustments I'd recommend but I'll save those for now, perhaps wait till the next SS. Besides this msg is probably already anoyingly long! One of these days I'll get of my lazy behind and learn how to make minor adjustments myself.

PS: I'm going to see if I can get a screen shot of my cousins SK epic for you, under highest res my PC can take with 6x AA and 16x anisotropic filtering (as well as all in-game graphics maxed out). It probly won't help much, however if it does end up producing a cleaner epic pic I'll be sure to send it your way!

Hope I didn't ramble on for to long, just trying to help...
I love the Mod!
Jack
Jatku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 02:56 PM   #28
Rolleo
A Snow Griffin

There is a limited number of default windows you can later for custom windows. The hilt with the gem, skull, and about the first inch is the spell gem windows. The image map for it is already 256x256, in order to use one of those other spell_gem holder designs, or in order to line the gems up along the blade of the sword, i'd have to increase the dimension of the spell gem window to 256x512, 512x256, or 512x512. That would make it entirely to big and bulky. It would also elliminate the option to have the buff icons overlay on the blade itself.

I'm trying to keep it so there is a single unifying image merging it all together. There are other sk/necro themes out there that the only thing that ties the elements together is the fact that there are skulls somewhere in the images, or the windows are all purple or such things. Using that circular pet window you linked wouldn't really go with what i'm trying to do.

As for the #% being at the end of some gauges and in the middle for others. It's in the middle for the groupmembers and exp bars for space reasons. It looked cleaner and more symetrical to have the "0" sitting in the middle of the groupmembers while empty, and it's like that for the exp bars simply cause there's so little space where they are located. I put the #% at the beginning for HP and MANA, and above the Target because that's just what I wanted to do. hehe For gauges that empty fast, or is constantly changing I just prefer seeing the whole bar instead of having 1/4 of it covered up by numbers.

As to using extra chat windows to add a transluscent glow to the sword, I don't think that would work. It's a very creative idea, though. Once added in, the pet window (unless I make some big changes) would always be up whether there is a pet summoned or not. That's also one of the things i'm pondering 'cause, I too, would prefer to toggle it off when I don't need it. I'm still working on it. I had not clue the pet window would be giving me the most trouble when I started this. Probably because when I sketched out the image layouts in the beginning, I didn't plan on adding the pet window. So it didn't get it's own special place at the time of conception. It's kinda being added as an afterthought now, but i'd still like to do it well.

I'm planning to make a final run through of all the images and tighten them up. What i'm using now is just for draft purposes, the final ones will be cleaner. I looked for weeks before starting, for artist renderings of the SK sword, that were stylized or altered for artist effect. I couldn't find one that 100% true to the actual sword. A SS was my only choice. I took the one I used myself, so it's the closest I think is possible to what I wanted......short of getting my hands on the 3d database object from SOE hehe

Thank you for the reply, i'll take it under consideration. Keep it coming.
Old 10-31-2002, 03:22 PM   #29
tadashya
Pixel Pusher

*raises hand as a taker for that screenshot*

vex would like it very very much
Old 11-07-2002, 06:38 PM   #30
Borban
A Bat

Server: Saryrn
Send a message via AIM to Borban Send a message via Yahoo to Borban

OMG that UI is sweeet i cant wiat for the finished version for my SK =-) keep up the good work

Borban
51st lvl Shaman
Saryrn
Borban is offline   Reply With Quote