Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > XML modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 10-12-2002, 11:11 AM   #1
Gangrel
A Ghoul

Default Buff Window

I've made my own buff bar with large icons (why have beautiful buff icons like t.kings if they're so small you can't enjoy them?) that run vertically down the right edge of the screen. I've also added text labels to the left of that, but i'm having two problems...

#1 My icons descend in the proper order: 0, then 1 below it, then 2, etc. But my text labels are the opposite! They start at the top with 14, then 13 below it, etc. I've tried changing the order that the <pieces> are listed but that didn't seem to change anything. What part of the code affects this order?

#2 I would like to have the blue/red background for both the icon and the text. I've got a 2pixel border around each icon, but when I try to extend it, it goes to the right which is outside the buff box - i want it to go left which is where the text labels are. Any advice? (Not sure I explained this properly, sorry)

My goal is to have a buff bar like Geddines, but a mirror image where the icons are on the right and the text labels are right-aligned - and of course the icons are full-sized. (Similar to what Aviendha has done, but again - a mirror image)

Thanks for your time!

Gangrel
Gangrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 03:14 AM   #2
Astryne
A Snow Griffin

Server: Rathe
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Ok a big thing to remember when doing a buff bar. EQ does not care where you place your buttons in the window, it is going to drop them in from right to left and then from top to bottom. In fact, its probably easiest to make one button and then copy and paste it 15 times just changing the names. It also will add a 1 pixel border around everything, so make sure to accomodate for that.

Woops just read your post again, and the above does not get to your problem, but it is still important to state and so I am leaving it. Where your text shows up is purely dependant on your <location> values. So you just want to interchange the values for 0 and 14, 1 and 13, etc.

As far as your problem with the box being on the wrong side for your text, that one can be solved by playing with the <DecalOffset> values. So to move the Icon over to the right, you need to increase the <X> value.
Astryne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 01:06 PM   #3
Gangrel
A Ghoul

Yikes, the decal offset seems to make sense, but after I changed it for one icon (to test) none of my icons show up. :P

Back to work! Thanks for the information.
Gangrel is offline   Reply With Quote