Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > XML modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 05-05-2003, 10:06 AM   #1
Cragzak
A Shissar Disciple

Default Need Help Modding This Target Bar Please

Can't figure it out...

Ok, this is the target bar from the "Soes" UI. I dig it but the only thing I would really like is for it to have my own health on it also.

There is a "line bar" (think of the blue bar on your experience gauge) that I would like to make my own health instead. So if someone could remove the "line bar" and replace it with my own health that would rock!

In other words, it will still look like one gauge, but the little line on the bottom part will be my health instead of a blown up view of whatever bubble the target's health is in.

I know this is possible... as a matter of fact I have done it before. But I can't seem to get it to work right this time. I'm no XML pro... far from it. So if one of you kick ass peeps could take a few minutes to throw this together for me I would be eternally grateful... well at the very least I would smile profusly.

From what I gather, you need to stack the player health gauge right on top of the target health gauge... just make it thinner.

Anyways, enough babble... I think you get what I mean... if not then I'll include pictures or something hehe.

Thanks in advance!!!
Attached Files
File Type: zip target.zip (13.0 KB, 12 views)

Cragzak Bonehead ~ Baron Ogre Warlord
Tarew Marr Server
Cragzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 12:55 AM   #2
Cragzak
A Shissar Disciple

^^^
Old 05-06-2003, 04:46 AM   #3
Shadrak
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Nameless

is something like this what you want?

green bar being player hp.

if so..
Attached Files
File Type: zip target.zip (13.2 KB, 11 views)
Old 05-07-2003, 12:43 AM   #4
Cragzak
A Shissar Disciple

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadrak
is something like this what you want?

green bar being player hp.

if so..

EXACTLY LIKE THAT!! Couldn't have been more perfect!! Thanks a ton!! Gonna go test it now!!!
Old 05-07-2003, 01:46 AM   #5
Cragzak
A Shissar Disciple

Had to do a touch of modding (the bars werent lined up right for me for some reason) but I fixed it and it's perfect now. Thanks a bunch...

I realized what I was doing wrong when I tried to make it myself. I wasn't putting the player hp bar xml above the target xml so I guess it was showing up behind the target bar and I couldn't see it.

Anyways, one last question. I noticed you put "MyBigNameHere" in the xml... at least I think you did... nevertheless... if I was to add more text to that... like "MyEvenBiggerNameHere" would it allow for more text when I targetted things?

Thanks again!
Old 05-07-2003, 03:48 AM   #6
Shadrak
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Nameless

I just put that there so i could see a name there to adjust Y for the guage. If you want to see more of long names just make the target hp guage longer.

at least thats what id do, Im in no way knoledgable about xml..i just like to tinker with it. =)Glad you got it fixxed the way you like.

Shadrak is offline   Reply With Quote