Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Released
User Name
Password

Old 12-24-2003, 05:01 AM   #76
mortis42
eqmods.mortis42.net

Server: Rodcet Nife
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to mortis42 Send a message via AIM to mortis42 Send a message via MSN to mortis42 Send a message via Yahoo to mortis42

Quote:
[Wed Dec 24 09:45:01 2003] Couldn't open or read UIFiles\Default\EQUI_CombatSkillsSelectWindow.xml
[Wed Dec 24 09:45:01 2003] Error loading skin: loading default skin instead.

This is the only line of error in the file.

Hope it can narrow down your search for a resolution. I don't use thie Ui, nor do I have it downloaded to test.
mortis42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 05:30 AM   #77
Sgui
A Ghoul

Oki I think I know why, it is because I am on the Sebilis French server and that we didn't get the last patch with combat Skill for melee.
In which file can I turn off the need of this file ?

Thx

Sgui
Sgui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 05:37 AM   #78
mortis42
eqmods.mortis42.net

Server: Rodcet Nife
Send a message via ICQ to mortis42 Send a message via AIM to mortis42 Send a message via MSN to mortis42 Send a message via Yahoo to mortis42

In the EQUI.xml file you can remove the entry for it. It should look like:
<Include>EQUI_CombatSkillsSelectWindow.xml</Include>
You will also need to be sure that the Combat Abilities Window is not being called for:
<Include>EQUI_CombatAbilityWnd.xml</Include>

Hope you that does fix it for you.
mortis42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 05:48 AM   #79
Sgui
A Ghoul

Yes It works great now

Thx a lot

But the .ini file given in the pack doesn't work well ... strange
Sgui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 11:24 AM   #80
Ribuk
A Fire Beetle

I absolutely love Aya!! But I have a lot of trouble moving certain windows around, and I'd like to know how on earth you made it look the way you did for that screenshot, heheh.

Seriously, aside from not being able to move chat windows and the action window (sit, stand, run, walk, etc) -- it runs like a dream! Its so much easier to keep an eye on my parties health now ^_^

I loveloveLOVE this UI!!!!
Old 12-28-2003, 02:55 PM   #81
danny91643
A Lost Soul

Server: Zek

You should be able to move the "Actions" window just like all the others. The "Hot Spot" is hard to find, it's in the lower left hand cornner if I re-call. The Chat windows can be set to re-size.
Go to your AYA UI Folder. Find the OptionalXML folder. Inside find the "Borderwid" folder. Inside find the EQUI_Chat.XML. Copy to your AYA UI and overwright.

Hope that helps
Old 12-29-2003, 01:07 AM   #82
Layla SOV
A Fire Beetle

Definitely a nice gui, I'm using it for my wizard. But this is the first time I've used a full custom skin, can anyone tell me where to find out what all the bells and whistles are on it? Some of the display bars and lights don't look familiar to me.
Layla SOV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 01:00 PM   #83
danny91643
A Lost Soul

I'll try to help you out here.. There is no like "User Manual" he he.

The group window should be self explanitory. There are five Globes that also function along with the Group window.
The Target Window is VERY COOL.
The Box will show the CON color of the Target selected. You then have the name of the Target followed by the %, (this is in numeric). Followed by "Life". This is YOUR current HP, followed YOUR max HP (Green), followed by YOUR % of HP.
Below all that you will find YOUR % of Mana and Endurance followed by Mana rod Timer.
The Stats window also functions as your pet window. You'll see a stamina cage (Yellow) and three buttons. The first button dispays your inventory, the second your pet commands and the third pet buffs.
There is also a mana rod gage (Blue) and your hot buttons below all that.

Im not sure if this all helps. Just play with it and it all will become clear. This is by far the BEST UI I have used.

danny91643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 02:22 PM   #84
Zumbenn
A Treant

Default Re: Vertical spellbar crashes EQ client

Quote:
Originally posted by Itien
I downloaded the latest version today and discovered that the "standard" files work fine, but if I try to use the vertical spellbar (Verti_SpellGems\EQUI_CastSpellWnd.xml) it causes the EQ client to crash hard, with not even an error message in the ui error log.

Because the horizontal spellbar makes the spell help texts (when pressing alt) illegible, I would really like to be able to go back to the vertical alignment. Any suggestions?

I too am having the same problem you describe with the vertical spell gems. It crashes EQ hard on my machine. I tried plopping in my old EQUI_CastSpellWnd.xml from a previous version of AYA UI and it still crashed. *sigh*

I REALLY love this UI, but I'm baffled that an xml file is crashing EQ.
Zumbenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 11:48 PM   #85
Ribuk
A Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally posted by danny91643
Find the OptionalXML folder. Inside find the "Borderwid" folder. Inside find the EQUI_Chat.XML. Copy to your AYA UI and overwright.

Augh! Now everquest won't even load! It gets past char. selection and then boots me back to my desktop.

Is that a problem with the UI or some random thing I need to contact sony about? =(
Ribuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 12:43 AM   #86
danny91643
A Lost Soul

Post your error log and Kudane and others maybe able to help you out. I had no problems with mine. I have contacted Kanon about another issue I am having where the timer just flat disapeared and the pet spells Icons are there but all the same. Strange stuff...
Old 12-30-2003, 01:51 AM   #87
Ribuk
A Fire Beetle

UIErrorLog created at Mon Dec 29 23:37:36 2003
[Mon Dec 29 23:37:36 2003] Warning: file SIDL.xml not found in directory UIFiles\aya\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
Ribuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 03:08 AM   #88
danille
Feeling Elemental?

Server: Bristlebane
Default AYA question

Hi,

I updated my UI with the latest AYA file! woot thanks a bunch, I really love the horizontal spell gems and the square boxes.

I have one question though. When looking at the pet health bar on the side near the compass (not the 3 tab one) I noticed that the pet health bar is gone and only the percent number shows.

Before it had both the percent number and the bar.

Any chance we can get it back>? or tell me how to thake the one from the last update and get it into the new one?

Thanks for your help,

Danille
danille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 07:55 AM   #89
kinuzar
A Gray Wolf

hello, im haveing some trouble with this UI and made a post in help here: http://www.eqgui.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11916

crossposting it here since this is the ui it is for
kinuzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 11:34 AM   #90
danny91643
A Lost Soul

UIErrorLog created at Mon Dec 29 23:37:36 2003
[Mon Dec 29 23:37:36 2003] Warning: file SIDL.xml not found in directory UIFiles\aya\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.

Ribuk
Try putting the "SIDL.xml" file into the aya UI. I have it installed in mine. The file is located in the Default folder.