Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 12-17-2002, 05:38 AM   #1
Rennes
A Gray Wolf

Default Actions Window

Ok I have two questions.

1. How do you remove the pages from the actions window? I tried removing all the page items and the TabBox Item, but that made it crash when loading the skin. I checked the UIError.txt and I see that it couldn't find the childs of "ActionsWindow". What I don't know is why it was looking for any childs.
My next thought was to leave all the page items in but take out the TabBox item, to tired to try tonight though.

2. I know we can't use buttons in a window other than the one they were intended for. But can we use buttons from one page in the Action window on another page in the action window?

Thanks,
Rennes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 09:33 AM   #2
aviendha101
A Tundra Mammoth

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Hmm...

I haven't played very much with the action window yet. Haven't had a need to. But I've seen other people rip it to shreds for their mods. :P

Here's a mod you can take a look at to see how he did it.. he made some pretty substantial changes to the action window (I think there's only one button left):

http://www.eqinterface.com/sdownload/preview.php?id=430

If you look at the right side of his screen, you should see the little question mark from the action box. But there don't seem to be any other buttons.....

Anyway, check that out and see if it helps. :P
Old 12-17-2002, 10:40 AM   #3
Rennes
A Gray Wolf

I thiink maybe you posted the wrong link?

that is only a pic, and in the pic the action window looks untouched in the lower right hand corner.

It is a very cool looking Mod though.
Old 12-18-2002, 12:06 PM   #4
grottel
Grimling Code Editor

Server: Xev

its a bit tricky because not only do you have the actions here but there also the socials (which are more similar to the hotkeys bank).

in theory you should be able to move buttons anywhere within the actions window and have them function properly. Haven't really played with it too much othern then exploring possiblities of how parent/child windows function.
grottel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 01:02 PM   #5
Elindel
A Tundra Mammoth

Send a message via AIM to Elindel

It behaves pretty much the same way as any other window. You can add pages, remove pages, combine them, switch them around etc etc.

Like I added a page that has a mini picture of the inventory to mine. (you can see it in the little myskins link)

But the catch is, you can't really remove anything. So you do what we do with other pieces we don't want, make them size 0 0 and stick them offscreen

So for instance, you could copy everything onto one page, and delete the tabs if you wanted. Without knowing what you actually want to do to it it's hard to give more direction than that.

In my dreams someday there will be a way to make buttons work in other windows and I will have a great little raid section for my actions window. But Verant has to make it possible first
Elindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 05:25 PM   #6
Rennes
A Gray Wolf

Oh, ok

so we can get rid of the pages and the tabs but we still have to incude all the buttons that were originally on the pages, just stick them off screen.

I am basically trying to make it a window with no tabs or pages that has the socials on it plus the combat buttons.

I think i get it now.
Old 12-20-2002, 04:46 PM   #7
Elindel
A Tundra Mammoth

Depends what you mean by pages. If you mean a page for combat, abilities etc, then yeah, you should be able to put all those on one page. If you mean you want all 120 socials on one page, then no. it's like the spell book, the code that shows a certain number per page can't be modified.
Old 12-21-2002, 09:36 AM   #8
Rennes
A Gray Wolf

nope, i want to put the combat and social pages togethter and still cycle thru the social pages
Old 12-27-2002, 01:40 PM   #9
Elindel
A Tundra Mammoth

I played with this a bit over the holiday (well, I wrote an xml file at work and tried it at home) and I'm not sure that you can remove the pages. The reason being that they have keyboard shortcuts which are assigned to them.

You might be able to still move stuff to different pages though, and just have some pages blank.
Old 12-31-2002, 01:17 PM   #10
madea
A Snow Griffin

Send a message via ICQ to madea

Ive been trying to change the transparency of the Action Window. I wanted to make evrything but the child windows be transparent. Setting the parent wondow, or the actual action window, to transparent leaves un-uniform holes in the "tree" from buttons for the child windows. Does anyone know how I can get rid of that "tree" altogether?
Old 01-11-2003, 12:47 PM   #11
MuZanan
A Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally posted by Elindel
It behaves pretty much the same way as any other window. You can add pages, remove pages, combine them, switch them around etc etc.

But the catch is, you can't really remove anything. So you do what we do with other pieces we don't want, make them size 0 0 and stick them offscreen

So for instance, you could copy everything onto one page, and delete the tabs if you wanted. Without knowing what you actually want to do to it it's hard to give more direction than that.

By doing what you suggested, I got my action window to do exactly what I wanted it to do, which was have my skills on the main page.

I can post my XML here if you would like

MuZanan

[Edit] I got them were I want them, but they don't funtion at the moment... trying to figure out how to get them to funtion.

Last edited by MuZanan : 01-11-2003 at 01:43 PM.
MuZanan is offline   Reply With Quote