Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 10-02-2002, 01:40 AM   #1
Cantatus
A Gray Wolf

Default Adding AA exp count to inventory?

Started moving around stuff in my inventory window to get it to how I like it. When I was finished, I had a large blank space which I decided would be perfect for adding the amount of AA pts I have currently plus the percent increaser/decreaser.

However, I get a duplicate error everytime I try to run it and unfortuantely I'm not xml literate enough to know how to make it work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Cantatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 06:38 AM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Re: Adding AA exp count to inventory?

Quote:
Originally posted by Cantatus
Started moving around stuff in my inventory window to get it to how I like it. When I was finished, I had a large blank space which I decided would be perfect for adding the amount of AA pts I have currently plus the percent increaser/decreaser.

However, I get a duplicate error everytime I try to run it and unfortuantely I'm not xml literate enough to know how to make it work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

The part I have underlined is your answer. EQ doesn't like it when you have the same thing in two places. The solution is to give the new one a different "screen identity".

Where you've added it, change the name from "AA_blah" to "AA_blah_Inv" (as an example). Remember to do that in *all* the spots where it refers to "AA_blah" in your inventory mod (the main section and down in the pieces section also).

By adding the "_Inv" (whatever you choose to use there), you've given the new pieces a new identity, so EQ will be happy.

Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Cairenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 08:59 AM   #3
Cantatus
A Gray Wolf

Tried that, and while it allowed them to be in different windows, the ones in the Inventory screen were completely unfunctional.
Old 10-02-2002, 12:52 PM   #4
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Zip up your inv and your aa windows and post them here, I'll take a look at them, if you want ...
Old 10-03-2002, 02:31 AM   #5
Cantatus
A Gray Wolf

Thanks, I really appreciate the help!

Old 10-03-2002, 06:50 AM   #6
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

*Scratches head*

Darned if I know. Unfortunately, I'm still too new at this myself, so whatever the problem is, I am missing it too. :/

Sorry Cantatus, hopefully someone else around here will also take a look at it, and have more luck than I.
Old 10-03-2002, 07:04 AM   #7
Zyrik
An Icepaw Kobold

Server: Bristle-Bane

Don't take my word for this, but I think EQ is only allowed to do AA stuff in the AA window. Either that or the things in your inv wont respond because maybe the game only responds to the default (aa_blah).
Zyrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 10:18 AM   #8
Cantatus
A Gray Wolf

Bleh, well, thanks anyhow.

I guess I'll just find something else to put into that empty spot.
Old 10-10-2002, 12:04 PM   #9
Astryne
A Snow Griffin

Server: Rathe

The issue here is that the Inventory window does not know what to do with your AA pieces. The AA window knows to look for a ScreenID named TotalCount and put in the correct value, the inventory Window does not. The only way around this is by using EQType tags as these load from a global array. So to get the Current Count to work you need to add <EQType>71</EQType> in the tag. Unfortunately, I do not think the EQType for Total AA points is known. At least I have not seen it posted anywhere.

Hmmm perhaps my next project should be making a window that just goes through and creates a label with all of the EQTypes, through say 200... Right now I think the highest that are known are 73 or so....
Astryne is offline   Reply With Quote