Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 07-31-2002, 04:35 PM   #1
insomnlac
A Snow Cougar

Server: EQ2 Beta Server (someday!)
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via AIM to insomnlac
Angry adding a new window?

what gives? i want to add a new window, what did i do wrong?

filename: EQUI_moneyWnd.xml

i've added <Include>EQUI_moneyWnd.xml</Include> to EQUI.xml file and all the stuff for a window is in the xml file cause i copied it from a working window...

this seems to be all verant does, so why doesn't it work?
Old 07-31-2002, 04:43 PM   #2
Pini Uldar
A Shissar Disciple

I actually think there's some hard coding involved on their part. For example, it's hard coded that screens like PlayerWindow are visible at start and the keyboard function alt-p is coded to toggle visible invisible.

With new windows, this hard coding doesn't exist so it's never made visible. And you don't have a way to add a keyboard function to cause it to be visible that I know of.

When I wanted to add a new window, I just usurped the FriendsWindows. This window is hardcoded to alt-F but I can remap it with the Options->Keyboard mappings. So when I split my inventory into player info and inventory, I put the player info into the FriendsWindow (EQUI_FriendsWindow) and then mapped Toggle Friends Window in the Options->Keyboard to be P. Now I hit P and my player info window opens.

I believe at this point the only way to get "new" windows is to usurp existing windows and remap their hard coded keyboard mappings to make them useful.

- Pini
Pini Uldar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 05:41 PM   #3
Woody
GUComics Creator

Yeah... I tried to force a new window too. I thought maybe since all of the other windows are also referenced in the character's associated ini file... that if I called it there and set it's values that it would show up.

Not so. I did several tests. Changed up a few things, and still no dice.

So much for that map window huh?
**grins**
Old 08-01-2002, 02:37 AM   #4
tedar
A Ghoul

funny you should say that , the first thing that came into my mind when they said XML DIY GUI was a map window - I can't wait til the pressure on verant gets so big that they'll let us define our own windows , or someone insane enough to do something odd to the eq files finds a way to do it.
tedar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 01:58 PM   #5
psychogears
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Xev
Send a message via ICQ to psychogears Send a message via AIM to psychogears Send a message via Yahoo to psychogears

You can make your own windows, but they won't function at all. Window functionality is hard-coded into the client. the interface is moddable, but no windows can be removed or added since you'd need to be able to reference that from the exe. There's no xml file that defines available windows to the game.

http://www.eqgui.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=63 <-- almost a flame thread, but has alot of information.

-TJ

of Xev
psychogears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 03:06 PM   #6
Saoshen
A Snow Cougar

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

mmmmmm....

Replacing a less used window, with maps....

yumm
Saoshen is offline   Reply With Quote