Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > XML modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 02-04-2003, 02:41 PM   #1
Jahari Durden
A Tundra Mammoth

Question Combining Soes' Drakah-edit with KaoUI's windows..

Hey people..

For a while now I've been trying to put the windows as seen in KaoUI in Soes' UI, as I think the UI itself is perfect, but I really don't like the default look of the windows.

Whatever I try though, windows seem to always come up misaligned and parts always seem to be missing. I will go into more detail if required, up to telling what XML files I changed and which ones I left alone, but my quick question for now is wether anyone would know on top of his/her head which modifications need to be made in order to change the default look of a window? I can probably figure it out from there.

This might be in the wrong forum and maybe should be in the developer's forum instead, but as I am not really making my own UI, just tinkering with others, I was kindda torn. I'd be grateful if a mod moved this thing to the appropriate forum if required.

Thanks for advance for your help, all!
Jahari Durden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 02:47 PM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Think I'm gonna go with your suggestion and move this to the Developer Discussions area, as it isn't the "generic" help type question that gets dealt with in the Help Forum.

A lot of the modifications in the Kao mod are based on the Vert skins, which changes the window_pieces01-05 plus the addition of window_pieces06 and 07. Plus, obviously, the addition or modification of applicable code to adjust to the new graphics. Most of this coding is found in the EQUI_Animations.xml file.

If you are comfortable doing it, open up the default EQUI_Animations.xml file and the one in the Kao mod, and compare. Also, you'll want to open (say) the window_pieces01.tga (custom and default) to see the visual differences.

That's a basic, generic starting point. Obviously as you go along, you'll have more specific questions, which many here will be able to help you with.

Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Cairenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 04:16 PM   #3
Jahari Durden
A Tundra Mammoth

Thumbs up

Sounds good so far, thanks for pointing out the tga files.. I'm quite sure I missed one or two of them in my last attempt.

Leaves me one more generic question.. Do you have a good suggestion for a program that compares two ASCII files and outputs (or, preferably, highlights) the differences between the two? It'd be something like an advanced version of the linux command that escapes me right at the moment.

Again, thanks in advance for the help, I'll be having another go at this project tomorrow.
Old 02-04-2003, 04:45 PM   #4
Jahari Durden
A Tundra Mammoth

Thumbs up

Addition: After yet another search I came across a program doing the whole comparision thing and seems to work nicely. I haven't had the time to test it properly yet, but maybe some of you facing the same sort of problems will have some use for it.

Here

now, the proggie is shareware, I beleive it's limited to either 30 uses or 30 days. Input on what sort of program to use for this is still welcome, as someone might have a better idea.