Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > XML modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 04-01-2004, 01:56 PM   #1
KenZX
A Fire Beetle

Unhappy updating a EQUI.xml please help

K k im a total newbie to this. I've used about 10 different UIs, but now found what i was basicly looking for. Except for one problem I get the normal XML error message when i load the skin.

http://www.eqinterface.com/sdownloa....php?s=&id=2988

The UI is Classic Everquest UI

I've tried to follow the readme but I think it's missing a step or something.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Notes:
Some of the windows are default, and can easily be changed without doing anything to this UI. This UI seems to be unbreakable, unless SOE adds more windows. If more windows are added the new windows won't work, but that is an easy fix.
Open "ClassicEQ" and find the file "EQUI classic.xml" Now copy the file "EQUI.xml" somewhere, you can change this file, then patch and this file will be updated back to the way its supposed to be, but for sake of safety, lets copy it to the UI folder. Open both files in Wordpad (I find this easiest, but you might use another editor) Copy the lines:

<!-- faB -->
<Include>faB_debug.xml</Include>
<Include>faB_Classic.xml</Include>
<!-- faB -->

and paste them into the EQUI.XML file. Now save EQUI.XML as EQUI CLASSIC.XML and overwrite the old file inside the CLASSICEQ folder. Now all windows will work. (This is how I made the UI LDoN compatible).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have followed this word for word and I cant seem to make any progess. Though maybe its just me

help please
KenZX is offline   Reply With Quote