Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 07-04-2012, 01:41 PM   #1
Draqear
A Fire Beetle

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Inventory miss-behaving

Hi all !

I have been working on a UI for the Shards of Dalaya 3.0 Beta, which is based on the Seeds Client. For the Inventory I started with an old Starries Inventory and updated it to work with Seeds. I went Line by line comparing to the Default for code ops and such. It seemed like the update was a success. So I then started modding it more to my liking. At the very end when I was putting 23 to 30 into their new resting place...I suddenly started getting Memory could not be read client Crashes like mad. I was only changing the x / y -- cx / cy around at that point! Maybe something else had been lurking?

Any ideas? I am a newb. I have been reading and trying hard to figure this out. I have modded other peoples work quite a bit for about 1.5 years now, and this is the first time I have been just straight up stumped.

I have attached a zip file just in case one of you have a bit of spare time! Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have more sorting to do with it, as some of the stuff on the Evolving and Alt Curr pages are miss-behaving, but since it insta crashes.... that can come later I suppose.

The Crash Code is:
"The instruction at 0x7793331f referenced memory at 0x00000004. The memory could not be read."

I have tried 24 hours of Prime95, and passed. Default Inventory will not crash on me. My other modded Inventory will not crash on me either. I am at wits end here, hoping it is something simple I have missed.

Thank you!
Gary
P.S. The OS used is Win7 64 bit.
P.P.S. Hey don't get me wrong, I can modify the Default to look how I want. I would like very much to Learn What Went Wrong here for the future however. Thank you all for any assistance!
Attached Files
File Type: zip EQUI_Inventory.zip (6.0 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by Draqear : 07-05-2012 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Add OS used
Draqear is offline   Reply With Quote