Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Released
User Name
Password

Old 10-09-2003, 08:59 PM   #1
Kanon
A Shissar Defiler

Featured Artist
Default AYA UI Version 7.00 for GoD Released

Warning // You cannot use R2 R3 ini files. Reinstall 7.0 UI_Character_Server.ini // Warning

DL Link is Here [http://www.eqinterface.com/sdownloa...nfo.php?id=1881

Official Home Page is Here (Japanese)
http://kanon.cside.to/

Thank You!
Magelo : http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=256422

Offical Web : http://kanon.cside.to/
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Last edited by Kanon : 03-24-2004 at 04:30 AM.
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 04:58 AM   #2
Keilia
A Hill Giant

Server: Tunare
Default Error =/

I keep getting this error :

created at Fri Oct 10 04:40:19 2003
[Fri Oct 10 04:40:19 2003] Warning: file SIDL.xml not found in directory UIFiles\AYA\. Attempting to use file from Default skin.
[Fri Oct 10 04:40:26 2003] [Line:9862 Source:UIFiles\AYA\EQUI_Animations.xml] End tag doesn't equal start tag <Duration> </>
[Fri Oct 10 04:40:26 2003] Error loading skin: loading default skin instead.
[Fri Oct 10 04:40:26 2003]
[Fri Oct 10 04:40:26 2003] Couldn't open or read

Not every time, but every 3rd or 4th log in. Any ideas ?
Old 10-11-2003, 02:01 AM   #3
Geln
A Fire Beetle

Server: Povar
Thumbs down Eww

Sorry, but I hate R3. Please, please gilve us a patch for R2 to work with SOE's latest "improvements" on the UI. Or please tell me how to do it myself. I've been trying for the last 2 hours and EQ seems to crash every 2nd UI change. Very frustrating. It certainly makes me appreciate what you do, but it makes it hard as hell for me to get what I want if I don't use exactly what you do.

1) Inventory slots have a weird "ball" in them instead of a blank box. VERY hard to see at a glance if the slot contains something or not.

2) Casting. I'm a bard. I need to know exactly where my casting timer is at. I got used to it being combined into the target window with your UI, but I needed the pink color that flashed over the pet health bar. The dark blue long casting timer that is above my health is just too indistinct and too large. When I'm twisting, I need to know at a glance - usually out of the corner of my eye - how long until the next pulse. I cannot do this with only the long, thin, blue casting meter left over for R3.

3) Sorry, but I didn't lay out my screen as you have yours. My effects are on the right. This worked well with two columns of squares - one for easily visible icon and one for a legible description. But with R3, in order to see the tiny names which stretch much futher into my viewing area, my icons have to be on the left of the screen or their in the way. R2 could go on either side. R2 icons were much easier to see. In R3, they've been shrunken to an indistinguishable blob. If you're going to use such great graphics for the icons, please don't diminish them to just a few pixels.

4) Same thing goes for short duration buff (song effects) window. It was laid out horizontally. It was (and still is) a pain in the butt to move to where I wanted, but at least once it was there I thought it would stay there. Now it's vertical. I have to say, unless you're in a raid or group with more than one bard, there just is very little chance that thing will see more than 3 icons at a time. Please let me use the horizontal layout. It was nice in the center of my screen next to my casting bar for twisting.

5) MP3 Player. I do like R3's player. The script font used for the wording of the R2 version was pretty illegible and I like the streamlined change. It'd be nice if I could mix and match to add this to R2.

6) Same goes for compass. Much nicer in R3. Much easier to read at a glance.

Overall, I chose your UI as it had a lot of information in a clean, neat, compact layout that left room for customization. I'm disappointed that R3 doesn't have that same room.
Geln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 04:37 AM   #4
Lothay
A Shissar Defiler

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Re: Eww

Quote:
Originally posted by Geln
Sorry, but I hate R3. Please, please gilve us a patch for R2 to work with SOE's latest "improvements" on the UI. ...

I have no wish to be rude, but I do wish to take issue with you on the tone of your post.

Aya provides the UI as a labor of love, not as a retail product. The effort is purely voluntary on their part. To make demands of them as if you were a paying customer is ... impolite.

If you simply need patches to the previous version, Carenin has made the base-line changes available elsewhere on this site, and fairly clear instructions on how to add them to your current set of files.

Pointing out enhancements, or sugguesting changes is fine, really. But don't demand that someone do something because you don't like their current creative offering.

I'm almost certain to step on some toes with this post (both intentionally and unintentionally) but I felt that something ought to be said.

~Lothay
Lothay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 05:54 AM   #5
Arimus
A Tundra Mammoth

/CHEER

/agree

Arimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 02:09 PM   #6
Kanon
A Shissar Defiler

Featured Artist

Hi.

Keilia

I dont have that issule, but my friend has. she isnt using my UI, but same. I think its a EQ Clientside Memory Leak or something.

Geln

Thanks for All comments, but please understand. I'm still busy and
I cannot support 2 of my UIs, so i selected R3.

1) You can install R2 Skins from R2skin folder.
2) already remake in R3.1 Pet Window.
3) I cannot support another layout, thats why , not enough time (
4) We are in Plane of Time and I need to know what Songs Now I have. So need to remake Shortduration buff window.

Lothay / Arimus

Thanks, I'll do my best, but I Cannot support everything. I'm very sorry for it. but this is my limit..
Old 10-11-2003, 02:51 PM   #7
Geln
A Fire Beetle

Server: Povar
Default Apologies

As for the tone of my previous post - it wasn't meant to be argumentative, just to disagree with some things and to ask for help. According to some replies, this help in patching R2 is out there, I just need to find it. Thank you for that.

Of course I realize that you do this for free and that you don't have to adapt to my wishes (hardly demands). I didn't mean to offend. Rather I did hope to show you the problems I'm having with the changes you've made and what I liked about the previous version. I had thought the feedback would help you make something more versatile and appealing to more people who maybe don't have the same layout or priorities as you have.

As a designer, I offered the kind of feedback I like to hear on my work - not just gushing praise (which is deserved for the hard work you do, but really doesn't offer much back to you), but feedback and insight into how someone else uses your work and ideas on what works and what doesn't.

Thanks for what you do.
Geln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 04:23 AM   #8
Keilia
A Hill Giant

Server: Tunare

Kanon,

Thanks for the reply on my issue. It is a fabulous UI, I adore it.
Keilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 07:17 PM   #9
Habeas Corpas
A Gray Wolf

hey there...I really like your UI...but...I can't seem to resize or move the chat windows?

I also cant move the actions window...any hints?
Habeas Corpas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 07:47 PM   #10
danny91643
A Lost Soul

Server: Zek
Default Resize AYA Chat Windows

If you look in the folder that you down loaded you will find a folder marked "Broder Wid" copy these files to your AYA UI. This will put broders on the chat windows so you can resize them.

This UI Rocks

danny91643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 12:53 AM   #11
Kanon
A Shissar Defiler

Featured Artist

Hi.

Danny

Thanks for Help !

Habeas

If you dont want to change UI Looks, so this is a help.

/loadskin Default 1
Resize and move Chat window
/loadskin AYA 1

thank you!
Old 10-14-2003, 07:40 AM   #12
Habeas Corpas
A Gray Wolf

Brilliant!

Thanks so much!

Habeas Corpas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 01:24 PM   #13
danille
Feeling Elemental?

Server: Bristlebane
Default Re: Resize AYA Chat Windows

Quote:
Originally posted by danny91643
If you look in the folder that you down loaded you will find a folder marked "Broder Wid" copy these files to your AYA UI. This will put broders on the chat windows so you can resize them.

This UI Rocks

I already have this folder/files in my AYA UI and I still cant move them.
Checked the lock/unlock option too and it is unlocked but cant resize them or move them. I get the 4 arrows but they wont drag.

I really love this UI but can't use it.

Please help
danille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 02:45 PM   #14
Kanon
A Shissar Defiler

Featured Artist

Hi.

Danille

If you cannot do that, see my last replay.

i think its works for you too.

Thank you.
Old 10-15-2003, 05:17 AM   #15
danille
Feeling Elemental?

Server: Bristlebane
Default AyA

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kanon
[B]Hi.

Danille

Ok i finally got the chat windows to work and now realize that my monitor wont work at 1280X1024. I get a big black border on the bottom ( really takes up too much of the screen) and the font is so faint that i cant read the chat windows, spell names and buff names.

It's too bad cause this is by far the best UI I have ever seen and really want to use it.

Last edited by danille : 10-15-2003 at 11:45 PM.
danille is offline   Reply With Quote