Password

Old 04-02-2015, 01:09 PM   #121
Angahran
Premium Member

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damieean
I refuse to play with any other UI. quit making them and i quit too =P

I'll be here till they turn off the servers for the last time.
Old 06-06-2015, 11:41 PM   #122
saladus
A Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angahran
Sorry, that would invole a complete start-to-finish recode of the entire window.
If you want a different window you should be able to just remove those files and replace with ones you like.

Hey Ang! Just want to say first off, since coming back for the progression server, I have absolutely loved your UI! The only part I would like to change is the buff window, like stated here. However, anytime I replace them with any piece at all, the UI goes back to default. It's been over a decade since I used to tinker with UIs manually, any input for what I can be doing wrong?
saladus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 11:23 AM   #123
Eloora
A Shissar Disciple

Send a message via AIM to Eloora

I tried to take the hotbar piece from this ui and add it to mine, but it also went back to default. Not sure what particular part of the xml doesn't wanna play nice with others.
Eloora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 11:03 PM   #124
warriorofmight
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloora
I tried to take the hotbar piece from this ui and add it to mine, but it also went back to default. Not sure what particular part of the xml doesn't wanna play nice with others.

Most likely animations and/or templates.

Oink! Reborn
warriorofmight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 08:57 AM   #125
Tobynn
A Ghoul

Default convertable items

Greetings Ang ~

I discovered a crash bug last night. I completed Achievement: Call of the Forsaken Challenger which rewards various "convertable" weapon ornaments -- example http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/...tml?item=117886.

Upon right-click-hold, which would normally open the item window, the client instead just crashes.

The only other convertable item I own is the mercenary armor "Vestments of the Forsaken" and likewise, that also causes client crash when attempting to right-click-hold to open the item window.

No crash when using default UI.

Peering into UIErrors.txt, the 'error' messages are:
[Mon Jun 08 08:45:21 2015] Error: Could not find child DismissButton in window MMGW_ManagePage
[Mon Jun 08 08:45:21 2015] Error: Could not find child DismissButton in window MMGW_ManagePage
[Mon Jun 08 08:45:33 2015] Error: Could not find child IDW_ClassTitle1 in window ItemDisplayWindow
[Mon Jun 08 08:45:33 2015] Error: Could not find child IDW_ClassTitle2 in window ItemDisplayWindow
[Mon Jun 08 08:45:33 2015] Error: Could not find child IDW_RaceTitle2 in window ItemDisplayWindow
[Mon Jun 08 08:45:33 2015] Error: Could not find child IDW_RaceTitle2 in window ItemDisplayWindow
[Mon Jun 08 08:45:33 2015] Error: Could not find child IDW_DeityTitle in window ItemDisplayWindow

BTW, this is using your most recent upload with zero modifications on my end.

I suspect the problem lies with the "Convert" button that was added to the item window at some point. Will experiment more later ~!
Tobynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 10:49 AM   #126
Eloora
A Shissar Disciple

Send a message via AIM to Eloora

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorofmight
Most likely animations and/or templates.

Wish I knew how to make it work with SparxxUI, as I much prefer the clean square spell hotkey to the gem border style.
Eloora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 10:20 PM   #127
Angahran
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobynn
Greetings Ang ~

I discovered a crash bug last night. I completed Achievement: Call of the Forsaken Challenger which rewards various "convertable" weapon ornaments -- example http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/...tml?item=117886.

Upon right-click-hold, which would normally open the item window, the client instead just crashes.

The only other convertable item I own is the mercenary armor "Vestments of the Forsaken" and likewise, that also causes client crash when attempting to right-click-hold to open the item window.

No crash when using default UI.

BTW, this is using your most recent upload with zero modifications on my end.

I suspect the problem lies with the "Convert" button that was added to the item window at some point. Will experiment more later ~!

I see the same errors in my uierrors.txt file.

The only modifications I have done to the item display window is some minor movement of some elements.

I tried converting the 'Vestments of the Forsaken' and they converted without a problem.

You could try deleting the EQUI_ItemDisplay.xml file from your custom filder and see if that does anything.

Could you attach your EQUI_ItemDisplay.xml and EQUI_MercenaryManageWnd.xml files so I can compare them to mine, maybesomething got corrupted somewhere.

Ang.
Angahran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 10:24 PM   #128
Angahran
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saladus
Hey Ang! Just want to say first off, since coming back for the progression server, I have absolutely loved your UI! The only part I would like to change is the buff window, like stated here. However, anytime I replace them with any piece at all, the UI goes back to default. It's been over a decade since I used to tinker with UIs manually, any input for what I can be doing wrong?

Just as a wild stab in the dark, I'd guess the piece you are trying to use is trying to use parts from other files in that same UI, probably custom changes to the animations or templates files.

If you take a look at your uierrors.txt file, any line with ERROR in it should point you in the right direction.

Paste them here and I might be able to help, no guarantees though. I have enough to do to keep my UI working :P
Old 06-09-2015, 09:51 AM   #129
Tobynn
A Ghoul

Quote:
I tried converting the 'Vestments of the Forsaken' and they converted without a problem.
To clarify, the crash is not occurring when clicking the Convert button. The crash occurs on right-click-hold. I never even see the Item Window, much less have a chance to click Convert.

Quote:
You could try deleting the EQUI_ItemDisplay.xml file from your custom filder and see if that does anything.
For the sake of experimentation, I started from scratch today with a fresh download and clean install of 3.2.13b. Client crashed upon attempting to launch the item window of convertable items. Loaded the deault UI, works ok no crash. Realoded AngUI and removed EQUI_ItemDisplay as you suggested. Works ok, no crashing.

Quote:
Could you attach your EQUI_ItemDisplay.xml and EQUI_MercenaryManageWnd.xml files so I can compare them to mine, maybesomething got corrupted somewhere.
Done and done.

I skimmed through ItemDisplay xml, didn't find anything that leapt out as problematic. Unfortunately, I don't have a less recent copy to use for comparison.

Perhaps 7zip is still causing some grief? If so, weird, because I have used it since forever without any oddities.
Attached Files
File Type: xml EQUI_ItemDisplay.xml (89.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: xml EQUI_MercenaryManageWnd.xml (18.9 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by Tobynn : 06-09-2015 at 12:10 PM.
Old 06-09-2015, 05:59 PM   #130
Angahran
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobynn
To clarify, the crash is not occurring when clicking the Convert button. The crash occurs on right-click-hold. I never even see the Item Window, much less have a chance to click Convert.

For the sake of experimentation, I started from scratch today with a fresh download and clean install of 3.2.13b. Client crashed upon attempting to launch the item window of convertable items. Loaded the deault UI, works ok no crash. Realoded AngUI and removed EQUI_ItemDisplay as you suggested. Works ok, no crashing.

Done and done.

I skimmed through ItemDisplay xml, didn't find anything that leapt out as problematic. Unfortunately, I don't have a less recent copy to use for comparison.

Perhaps 7zip is still causing some grief? If so, weird, because I have used it since forever without any oddities.

Got it!
They changed the convert button from a label to a stml element after I uploaded the last zip file.

I'll get it uploaded.

For now here is the fixed file.
Attached Files
File Type: xml EQUI_ItemDisplay.xml (89.5 KB, 2 views)
Old 06-09-2015, 06:21 PM   #131
Tobynn
A Ghoul

So speedy you are! Thanks much for the fix ~
Old 06-09-2015, 07:22 PM   #132
saladus
A Fire Beetle

Quote:
Just as a wild stab in the dark, I'd guess the piece you are trying to use is trying to use parts from other files in that same UI, probably custom changes to the animations or templates files.

If you take a look at your uierrors.txt file, any line with ERROR in it should point you in the right direction.

Paste them here and I might be able to help, no guarantees though. I have enough to do to keep my UI working :P

Looked through and saw the two error lines at the bottom which are -
[Tue Jun 09 20:15:51 2015] Error reading XML.
[Tue Jun 09 20:15:51 2015] Error loading skin: loading default skin instead.
Curious if there's any way I can work around this manually to get it working.
Attached Files
File Type: txt UIErrors.txt (17.9 KB, 2 views)
saladus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 11:17 PM   #133
Angahran
Premium Member

Default Duplicate item.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saladus
Looked through and saw the two error lines at the bottom which are -
[Tue Jun 09 20:15:51 2015] Error reading XML.
[Tue Jun 09 20:15:51 2015] Error loading skin: loading default skin instead.
Curious if there's any way I can work around this manually to get it working.

The problem is that the buff window you are trying to use contains an item named BW_BUTTONS. This is the same name as an item in the bank window.

[Tue Jun 09 20:15:51 2015] [Line:739 Source:UIFiles\AngUI\EQUI_BankWnd.xml] Schema error - Duplicate item BW_Buttons

You should just be able to replace the BW_Buttons in the buff window with something else and it should work.

Ang.
Old 03-20-2016, 03:12 PM   #134
deadgnomewalkin
A Gray Wolf

Default agro for group

I am using your ui now and am loving it. Just one thing. I box. is there a way you can add to the group window a aggro % or such so i can tell what my boxes have for aggro. Or is it some place and i am missing it?
deadgnomewalkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 08:33 PM   #135
Angahran
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadgnomewalkin
I am using your ui now and am loving it. Just one thing. I box. is there a way you can add to the group window a aggro % or such so i can tell what my boxes have for aggro. Or is it some place and i am missing it?

There is an agro window which will show who is next highest on agro.
Also the group window shows the agro for each group member.
Right click it and ensure 'Show Player Agro Percent' is starred.