Password

Old 11-08-2002, 05:32 PM   #1
grottel
Grimling Code Editor

Server: Xev
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Way that Graphics are Handled

This is set of multiple wishes.

1) animations currently have 2 states - display once or loop forever as specified by the UI2DAnimation cycle element (boolean). Realisticaly, this should have been an INTEGER value with the following meaning:
<= -1 loop forever (do not restart at first frame)
= 0 loop forever (restarting at first frame)
>= 1 repeat animation this number of times (starting at first frame)

2) animations relating to button events (pressed, flyby, etc) need to restart the animation at the first frame when the event occurs. Currently, the graphics are loaded there is no-way to restart them. This means that to show ANY animation it must be looping infinately. This leads to undesireable results - for instance, I want to have a graphic showing a karate side-kick for my "kick" button when its pressed, but when I press the button it may start at the end of the kick. It needs to start at the first frame of the animation when the button event is activated. Implenting wish 1 above would easily allow this.

3) Border Center Pieces need to have an additional option: do nothing, Stretch image, or TILE image. A classic example is someone wanted to have a "chain" as the border but this wasn't possible because of how the stretching distorted the image.

Last edited by grottel : 11-08-2002 at 06:02 PM.
grottel is offline   Reply With Quote