User Name
Password

Old 04-06-2007, 11:20 PM   #1
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Myxiplx's Interfaces & Pieces

Hey folks,

Just spotted that the site discourages chat in the interface comments, so starting this thread as a common spot to talk about my interfaces.

Feel free to offer any suggestions, criticism or advice (or just let me know how much you love em :-D). All my UI's started as things I built for myself or friends, but got posted here when they worked out better than I thought they would.

Links to my pieces
Older bitsMyx

Last edited by myxiplx : 10-23-2008 at 06:01 AM.
myxiplx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 09:43 AM   #2
Asedai
A Tundra Mammoth

For some reason when I download your map it downloads but after being extracted and I try to load it in game...I don't get the map. I end up with the same map I had.

I then went and tried downloading the map that you indicated under your section and giving credit where credit is due:

http://www.eqinterface.com/download...nfo.php?id=4729

and I had no problem with that. Came up in game when I downloaded it no problem.

I did want to try your version of the map...how can I get it to display in EQ?
Asedai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 10:55 AM   #3
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

The most likely explanation is that files are missing or not in the right place.

It's hard to troubleshoot without more details about what you did though. I assume you've created a new folder under uifiles? Do you have all the files from my zip file in there?

You should have:
EQUI_MapViewWnd.xml
border.tga
button_dark.tga
button_dark_flyover.tga
button_light.tga
button_light_flyover.tga
Myxiplx_window_pieces.tga

If all that seems ok, find your UIerrors.txt file (in your everquest folder) and attach it here.

Myx
Old 04-13-2007, 10:59 AM   #4
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

Just thought of something else. My zip file has spaces in the name. If you're just extracting the zip into a folder with the same name that will cause problems - I've found EQ doesn't like spaces, and it probably doesn't like apostrophies either. Spaces display ok when you type /loadskin, but it can load the wrong files.

If that's what happened, try renaming the folder to something like myxiplx_tiny_map.

Myx
Old 04-29-2007, 09:10 AM   #5
Vardian
A Gray Wolf

Server: Xegony
Default Wide screen 1280 x 1024

Myx, love your UI but I have two requests. First I would like to be able to have Hot Bar 4 as the vertical bar. Second I would like more than anything to have a Small Bank Window like your Big Bank Window for those of us playing on the Combine.

Thank you for a great UI.
Vardian
Vardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 03:28 PM   #6
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

Do you mean you want another vertical hotbar, or just that you want the buttons on hotbar 4 on the vertical bar?

Adding another vertical bar can be done, but will just take some time. If it's just swopping buttons around, did you know you can load & save hotkey sets and move the whole lot at once?

I don't know what's different about the combine server so the bank thing will be difficult for me to fix. Can you have a look at the individual bank mods on the site to see if any are suitable. The bank window is completely independant of everything else and originally came from this site so downloading an alternative should be a piece of cake

If you can't find any big banks that work on that server, let me know and attach your UIerrors.txt file and I'll see if I can get it working for you.

Myx
Old 04-29-2007, 04:44 PM   #7
fenrian1
A Shissar Defiler

Big Bank is PoR expansion, it wont be available until it sunlocked on the combine.
fenrian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:55 AM   #8
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

Thanks fenrian. Your knowledge of these things is kinda scary at times

Vardian, I guess that means you'll have to delete my EQUI_BigBankWnd.xml file and live with the standard one for the time being.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:33 PM   #9
Vardian
A Gray Wolf

Server: Xegony

Sorry if I was not clear in my post, i was kind of rushed. Just to clarify what i was asking about.

First: On the hot bar issue, What I meant was you have hot bar 2 as the vertical bar and I would prefer that to be bar 4, as I do not use that one much if at all.

Second: Their are two bank windows in the default UI. EQUI_BankWnd.xml, which is the small bank (16 slot/ pre PoR and is used on the combine) and EQUI_BigBankWnd.xml (24 slot/ PoR bank). What I am requesting is a 16 slot/ two tab version of your big bank window that would take the place of the default EQUI_BankWnd.xml. I know nothing about programing but I would think that you could just delete the third tab in the big bank window and rename it, but it probably isn't that simple.

Thank you
Vardian
Vardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:46 PM   #10
Halelen
Lord Doljonijiarnimorinar

Server: Povar
Default Map

Hey Myx, downloaded your map and works great ..didnt suit my taste though...I didnt need the bags so just deleted all that out ...secondly my eyes to old and tired for such a small map.. so just made it 2 panels tall and all is good ... have made it a staple in all my ui's now. toggle background is a MUST for seeing maps..Great Work.

Hal
Halelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 09:18 PM   #11
Thong3320
A Snow Cougar

Default love the map idea

Myx, I love the background changing idea (SOE devs, if you're reading this.....make it happen!!!!!), but would love to see a normal-sized version! Any plans to do that?

thong3320
Thong3320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 02:56 AM   #12
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

Oh wow, so much attention /bask

Thong: Yes, I do have plans but I'm lazy and busy with a new UI so it's going to take a while. In the meantime, Serianna created a bigger version for the Egras UI, I haven't tested it but if it works as a standalone mod you might want to try that:
http://www.eqinterface.com/download....php?s=&id=5327

If that doesn't work, let me know so I can get working on a larger version, or possibly ask Halelen nicely

Btw Halelen, I'm changing the default colours in the map for my next release. I'm finding that dark background colour actually works for nearly every map, so I'm making that the default instead of the light colour. You might want to do that in yours, it's just a case of swopping the graphics over.

Vardian. So you just want hotbar 2 as the vertical one instead of hotbar 4? Is there any reason you can't just save the settings from hotbar 2 and apply them to hotbar 4, it should only takes seconds to transfer everything if you use the Save / Load feature. I might be misunderstanding, but I don't see anything that needs coding here?

Thanks for explaining about the bank windows, I didn't know about that at all (and I'd been wondering what BankWnd.xml did lol). I will have a go, but it's going to be some time before I get around to it I'm afraid. It's also going to be difficult to test as I have all the expansions so any changes I do make to the BankWnd file are going to be made blind.

Myx
Old 05-01-2007, 04:47 AM   #13
Halelen
Lord Doljonijiarnimorinar

Server: Povar
Default Big Bank

As for the bank issue you should be able to take the bigbank.xml and remove the extra tab and 8 slots then resave it as bankwnd.xml and should work fine.

As for seri big map last I checked its not stand alone, so unless she has changed it you will have to wait.

hal

Last edited by Halelen : 05-01-2007 at 05:09 AM.
Halelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 06:31 AM   #14
zorasis
A Fire Beetle

this is my first UI and i really love the layout. thanks for making it.

i just have one small problem and i'm sort of a ui newb so i dont know what to do if its something i can fix myself...

i play in windowed mode and drag my eq window up so i can barely see the blue bar at the top. this way i can have my windows start bar at the bottom and not miss (barely) any of the eq window. however, using your UI in this manner, the eq start bar (which i dont want to get rid of) covers up alot of the bottom of your UI.

is there a way to slightly resize the UI or like move everything up from the bottom a little bit so that i dont have this problem?

i hope this isn't too confusing.
zorasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 03:10 AM   #15
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

Hi guys,

I've just uploaded a new version of the UI, including a settings file for the 1280x960 resolution. If you put EQ in windowed mode and pick this resolution you'll find it fits just above the start bar.

You'll need to set that resolution then log out of EQ completely before copying the settings from my new .ini file across.

Myx