Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > General UI Talk
User Name
Password

Old 03-02-2006, 07:16 PM   #1
Genghiz Cohen
Cry Spoon!!

Server: Druzzil Ro
Default EQ Interfaces and the G15 Keyboard

Anyone thought of the marrige of these? The Keyboard could be an extension of the interface, displaying certain info on the LCD and consequently freeing up space on screen.

Edit:

Info on G15 Keyboard for those who aren't familiar with it.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:27 PM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Oh no, not here too!

*cries*

(surprised it's taken this long though, to be honest ...)

Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Cairenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 07:28 PM   #3
Genghiz Cohen
Cry Spoon!!

eep
Genghiz Cohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 07:31 PM   #4
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Sorry, it's just an ongoing mess over on the WoW boards is all. Nothing personal.

No idea what SOE's stance is about it, what is "allowed" or not according to SOE.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:34 PM   #5
Genghiz Cohen
Cry Spoon!!

Oh hehe.

Well, I'm talking strictly LCD here. The G-buttons is a whooole other can of worms and I'm not going there lol.

The LCD seems harmless enough, though. Imagine real time DPS monitor (the parsers are already out there - just a matter of routing the info to the LCD), kill counter, Arista's timers, etc etc. So much neat stuff you *could* do.
Genghiz Cohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 07:37 PM   #6
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Indeed. There is much that is incredibly cool about the keyboard, and there are definitely uses for it that are neat.

Now if only they would come out with an ergo version of it. Ditto the Optimus (that keyboard looks INCREDIBLY cool!).

Anyway, sorry for the thread-jack, back to your regularly scheduled programming ...
Old 03-02-2006, 07:38 PM   #7
Drakah
Skinning Guru

More buttons? LOL I want LESS! I'm confused as it is

Drakah

shakahr.com
Remember...it is only a GAME
Drakah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 08:56 PM   #8
sneakemz
A Crystal Gargoyle

Server: torv

i will stick to my Zboard, it works good with so many games i cant see how much more would anyone want
sneakemz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 07:07 AM   #9
Dark_Shogun007
A Bat

Default Ack

this thread I guess is kinda old, i finally got around to looking for some kinda mods for my G15 for EQ1 and cant find anything :[

something like, my hp, stats, even buff timers or weight, just stuff like that would be great :P anybody know of any like this?
Dark_Shogun007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 11:53 AM   #10
Taishen
Mistress of Pain

Server: Prexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Shogun007
this thread I guess is kinda old, i finally got around to looking for some kinda mods for my G15 for EQ1 and cant find anything :[

something like, my hp, stats, even buff timers or weight, just stuff like that would be great :P anybody know of any like this?

Unfortunately, EQ doesn't support the GamePanel technology so you're not going to see your stats on the LCD From what I understand there are only a handful of games out that support the technology.... I know WoW supports it because the character stats pop right on the LCD as soon as you're logged in (no mods needed). It's actually pretty darn neat and I'm unclear as to why Sony would not support the GamePanel technology.

The keyboard does have a configurable timer on it tho, but I would think it would be used more for checking those long respawns or even to make sure your pizza doesn't burn rofl.

/hugs her G15

Mistress of Pain

Last edited by Taishen : 09-25-2007 at 12:16 PM. Reason: additional info
Taishen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 01:57 PM   #11
Getti Lee
An Icepaw Kobold

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taishen
Unfortunately, EQ doesn't support the GamePanel technology so you're not going to see your stats on the LCD From what I understand there are only a handful of games out that support the technology.... I know WoW supports it because the character stats pop right on the LCD as soon as you're logged in (no mods needed). It's actually pretty darn neat and I'm unclear as to why Sony would not support the GamePanel technology.

The keyboard does have a configurable timer on it tho, but I would think it would be used more for checking those long respawns or even to make sure your pizza doesn't burn rofl.

/hugs her G15

eq is a dinosaur, i highly doubt it will ever support anything along these lines sadly heck, i still get mad that i can't use the num pad to type in numbers for bazaar prices and such with my microsoft natural elite keyboard

the g15 seems nice just for the macros alone. one thing came to mind was tradeskills! but as far as i know eq doesn't have any way to hotkey the combine button? either way its probably against the eula

that optimus keyboard certainly is neat, but $1000+ neat? i think not! i wonder how that keyboard would stand up to spills of soda and such. not to mention the life of a organic led. very spiffy keyboard none the less, i hope they let the owner make their own custom keys instead of buying key sets (for games and such) otherwise that is a SOE product in disquise!
Getti Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 03:48 PM   #12
Sadenaig
A Hill Giant

I've had a G15 for a few years now and other than the built in timer and stopwatch, I really cannot see much reason to use the LCD in EQ. Most of the stats that it would track are either so vital that you want them on the screen or trivial enough to put them in a window that you can open or close as needed. About the only thing I could see that might be of use, would be to have it track your DPS using a log parser.
Sadenaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 06:37 PM   #13
Taishen
Mistress of Pain

Server: Prexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getti Lee
eq is a dinosaur, i highly doubt it will ever support anything along these lines sadly heck, i still get mad that i can't use the num pad to type in numbers for bazaar prices and such with my microsoft natural elite keyboard

You're right, they more than likely will never support it Oh I know! IMHO, Sony has no right to screw around with my keyboard making it to where I cannot use certain functions. If you think about it, it's retarded because the arrow keys are what, an inch or less away lol. Since I use the G15, I have my arrow keys reset to the left side of my keyboard (now I'm not so scrunched up and can use the mouse and my left-side arrow keys for movement. Much much more comfortable and my shoulders don't hurt after a raid).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getti Lee
that optimus keyboard certainly is neat, but $1000+ neat? i think not! i wonder how that keyboard would stand up to spills of soda and such. not to mention the life of a organic led. very spiffy keyboard none the less, i hope they let the owner make their own custom keys instead of buying key sets (for games and such) otherwise that is a SOE product in disquise!

I read the FAQ on that keyboard, and there is no way in hell I would pay what they're asking. It is no more sturdy than any other keyboard from what I can tell. You can do a lot with it but still.... for that price it better cook my meals on raid nights and then cyber me after lol.

I'll stick with my G15 and happily spend the cash to buy another when it wares out hehe.
Taishen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:42 AM   #14
Axelroth
A Bat

Default I would like a Game Time Clock

For my G15, I would like a Game Time clock. Ever sat around waiting for a mob that pops at a certain time of day and have to keep checking /time. Ever been in a dungeon or on Luclin and had to go to another zone at a certain time.
Axelroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 03:58 PM   #15
Milkna
A Bat

I must say that the G15 keyboard is nice, even w/o the added functionality of the LCD panel. Some helpful things to program the macro keys for are: switching out bandoleer sets, strafing, spells and combat disciplines, assist macros, /loc, /loot, /hidecorpse <type preference>, etc. I don't believe programming the macro keys for any of these things to be a violation of the EULA, since you're just changing how you issue those commands with your keyboard. It's easier for some people to hit one button, as opposed to 2+ at a time.

The thing to look at though is the old G15 has 3 banks of 15 macro keys for a total of 54 possible macros. The new G15 has 3 banks of 6 macro keys for a total of 18. That's quite a difference, but the new G15 does have a smaller footprint on your desk. One other very nice feature about the G15 is it's integration with Ventrilo using the LCD panel.
Milkna is offline   Reply With Quote