Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 07-27-2002, 06:37 PM   #1
sprock
A Fire Beetle

Default How do I get rid of that grey-rock window texture?

I dont have any problems with the new UI... very nice.

But I did like my old color schemes. I had a solid jet black background with vivid, easy to read text colors. I have the same text colors with new UI but, alas, I have some god-awful grey, rock-texture for all my windows.

How do I get rid of that rock-texture? I tried changing the wnd_bg_dark_rock.tga and wnd_bg_light_rock.tga files to solid black but it did not work. It still comes up the same icky-grey texture.

Thanks in advance.

- Quip
sprock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 07:34 PM   #2
Thalmaturgen
A Gray Wolf

Default Theroretical reply

I've not tried this yet, but it seems the way it would be done.
In the coding for whatever window you're working on you'll notice a tag that says
<draw template>Wnd_Lgt_Rock</draw template>
or something similar to that. All you should have to do is add into your folder the image or texture of your choice (make sure it is in tga since everything else is a tga image) and then replace the file in the <draw template> tag with the file of your choice.

Like I said, i don't know if this is the case or not, i odn't know if you have to define the images somewhere or if there is a special folder needed for them but that is therorictcally houw it should work.
Thalmaturgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 04:32 PM   #3
Tenaka2k
A Gray Wolf

Server: The Nameless

to tell yah the truth . just pic an image you like and save it as "wnd_bg_dark_rock.tga" in the "<eqpath>/uifile/<skin name here>" folder.

quick and simple :P
Tenaka2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 04:34 PM   #4
Tenaka2k
A Gray Wolf

Server: The Nameless

and i need not post at work . you have to member to /loadskin <skinname> when in game . any changes you make to the default folders files will be over written when ever you start eq .
Tenaka2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 04:47 PM   #5
Thalmaturgen
A Gray Wolf

You are a life saver man, I've been beating my head over the error's I've been getting trying to change the background. I didn't even think of saving the image with the same name as the old one.
Thalmaturgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 10:24 PM   #6
Elured
A Gray Wolf

An easier way to do it is to right-click on your windows and find the Texture option (I think it's under "Background" or something). Texture toggles the texture for the window on and off.

The default color for windows, for whatever insane reason, is pure white. So, you'll probably want to go to Tint (right below Texture) and switch that to a gray or black.
Elured is offline   Reply With Quote