Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 12-27-2005, 11:18 PM   #1
MiniFireDragon
A Gray Wolf

Default 3D Target Ring Tinting - GO AWAY!

I am trying to figure out of there is a way to completely remove tint from the target ring targa files I made. I tried 255,255,255 (white tint) to 0,0,0 (where'd it go?) Even greys in between. Nothing!!

Any help out there?
Old 12-28-2005, 09:37 AM   #2
aelflaed
A Tundra Mammoth

Server: The Seventh Hammer
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

if you have photoshop - go into image -> adustments -> hue/saturation and slide saturation all the way to the left, that will make the layer you're on into greyscale. Most graphics programs will have some option for greyscale I'm sure.

Keep in mind, however, that EQ sees black as transparent for target rings so if you have black in your picture and the thing you're targeting is standing on grass all the black in the picture is going to be green. It sees various shades of grey as different levels of transparency. It also sees darker levels of colors as more transparent, so a true red through a pink will be solid, but true red down into maroon will start getting more transparent the closer you get to black.

Hope I answered your question, I wasn't sure exactly what you were asking.

70 Rogue of <Forged Souls> The Seventh Hammer
Art Director ~ Vanguard Crafters
aelflaed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 01:37 PM   #3
MiniFireDragon
A Gray Wolf

Turning the image to black and white would defaut the purpoes of my target ring. I already have my colors set, I just don't like the white overcast each target has.
MiniFireDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 07:17 PM   #4
Wymp
A Shissar Disciple

Hard to know exactly what you're asking .. she's right.

White overcast on .. your graphics for the ring? .. the areas you are expecting to stay transparent? .. something else entirely?

Could be a bad tga file somehow .. could be it was saved with wrong size parameters .. could be a graphics problem .. etc, etc.

Give a bit more decription of what you are trying to do and what the problem is that you're seeing in-game. And maybe post a picture of it.

More than happy to try to help, but just need a bit more to work with
Wymp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 09:05 AM   #5
Scribble
A Crystal Gargoyle

Server: Prexus

if you can post a picture of what you're seeing, and post a copy of your files here, it would help immensly in assisting you with your situation.

-The more I do, the farther behind I get
Scribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 03:08 PM   #6
MiniFireDragon
A Gray Wolf

www.youthinsports.com/voyager/targetring.zip

The file is pretty big and it contains all image files for my main target ring. You will see what I mean when u look at the blue ring then at a blue con. It has a white tint to it. I don't want to use ANY tint.
Old 01-02-2006, 07:16 AM   #7
Wymp
A Shissar Disciple

I loaded your ring up in-game, and I see what you mean.

Looks to me like you'll need to adjust your graphics to be more uniformly blue or maybe just darker to get what I think you are expecting.

The "cloudy" effect is kinda neat, but I think the more grey-ish shadings to produce it (especially in the blue-con graphics) is causing the whiteness that you're talking about. It's also why the light blue one is showing up so brightly.

It's not going to be something that can be adjusted by settings. Seems it's going to take changing the shading in the tga files themselves to darken up the lighter areas and get the color effect you are wanting for the blue ring and avoid the "white tint", I'm afraid.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:52 AM   #8
MiniFireDragon
A Gray Wolf

Yeah, I figured that I'd have to do that. I was just hoping there was a setting I missed to maybe remove EQ's tinting.

That target ring is really completed yet so I am not to concerned about it. The cloudyness (suppose to be rolling fire) only took my a few mins to produce.
Old 01-03-2006, 03:56 PM   #9
Wymp
A Shissar Disciple

To me, it just seems that the target rings are displayed a bit brighter overall in-game than they appear when you draw them out on the computer, heh.

Just have to allow for it as you create your graphics, really; but I guess it could also be related to different monitors, video cards, screen resolutions, etc.

Would be nice if there were more color adjustments in-game, though. Can only do so much with a gamma slider.
Old 01-07-2006, 11:43 PM   #10
MiniFireDragon
A Gray Wolf

The actual RGB Tint control is why the target ring looks so "whiter". The game takes the image then overlays the 255 255 255 tint (which is white). If you set that to 0 0 0, then you get no target ring (since black is totally transparent). Kind of sucks really, wish Sony would allow a command to removing tinting since it seems to affect the target ring in both the color side and the alpha side. If you set the numbers to different colors of grey, the ring gets fainter and fainter while overlaying a gray scale on the image.