Password

Old 10-02-2007, 11:02 PM   #1
Drakah
Skinning Guru

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Oct 4, 2007 Patch Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOE
The Game Update has moved to Thursday - On Thursday, October 4, 2007 at 4:00 am PDT (5:00 am MDT, 6:00 am CDT, 7:00 am EDT - 7.00 GMT), all EQ Live servers will be coming down for a Game Update. The estimated downtime is 7 hours.

Hopefully this will include the UI patch fixes, and them some.

Current Files that will be updated:
(subject to change)

EQUI_VideoModesWnd.xml
EQUI_OptionsWindow.xml
EQUI_LayoutCopyWnd.xml (NEW)
EQUI_MailWindow.xml
EQUI_GuildManagementWnd.xml
EQUI.xml

Drakah

shakahr.com
Remember...it is only a GAME

Last edited by Drakah : 10-06-2007 at 09:01 AM.
Drakah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 05:34 AM   #2
Inokis
Pale Scrawny Guy

Server: Bristlebane // Erollisi Marr
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via Yahoo to Inokis

As posted here by Sklug (the date has been moved to Thurs Oct 4th rather than the original cited date of the 3rd):
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sklug
The changes in the post here will be going to the live servers as part of the 10/03/07 patch. The first time you login each character after the patch, the client will attempt to automatically convert your windowed mode layout to the new format. This process should work for most people, but below I describe what is going on internally in case anyone experiences problems. If the auto-conversion fails, you can certainly still use the new copy layout window or /copylayout command to install the layout you want.

If your first login with a character after the patch is in full-screen mode, no conversion is done, and upon switching to windowed mode you will automatically get your full-screen window layout copied to your windowed mode layout.

If your first login with a character after the patch is in windowed mode, then the code will attempt to automatically convert your windowed mode layout. The main thing the auto-conversion code needs to do it determine what resolution to convert the layout from.

For each character that has logged in since the 9/05/07 patch, the code will convert using your current desktop resolution as the source of the conversion. This could fail if you have changed your desktop resolution since last logging in the character.

For each character that has not logged in since before the 9/05/07 patch, the code will attempt to convert using the current windowed mode resolution set in the eqclient.ini file. This could fail if you have changed your windowed mode resolution since last logging in the character. If this conversion succeeds, the resolution is noted, and it used for any future conversions of characters that have not logged in since the 9/05/07 patch, so you need not worry about changing your windowed mode resolution after that.

In the case that auto-conversion fails, the default layout is loaded (not necessarily the default skin), and the following message is sent to the chat window:
"Your original windowed mode resolution for this character could not be determined so you have received the default window layout. You may use the copy layout window to copy a layout from your original windowed mode resolution or from another character's layout. If you are using the default skin, the copy layout window will appear automatically. If you are using a custom UI, the copy layout window may be unavailable. Type "/copylayout help" for more information."

I just wanted to give as much info as possible as there will be some people that encounter these conditions.

For those of you wanting to get a leg up on the new XML changes I suggest logging into the test server and doing your diffs there. All the fixes and latest XML are already there. Let me know if you have any trouble, and I can post the diffs somewhere.