you're the man. that works perfectly!

thanks!
zorasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 03:31 PM   #17
minyumivia
A Bat

Server: Cazic-Thule
Send a message via ICQ to minyumivia Send a message via AIM to minyumivia

im not sure how to exsplain this, but when i followed the direction given for this UI and loaded EQ all the windows were jumbled. now moving stuff around isnt an issue till i got to the chat windows, i cant seem to move them even if i unlock them, first i have no idea why the UI ini file isnt configuring the UI like its suppose to and second why cannot i not move the chat windows.
minyumivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 05:05 PM   #18
Barzec
Premium Member

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

That chat window mod does not have a way to move the whole window in one move. The chat windows have to be "walked" into position. Example: If you need to place a chat window in the lower left of your screen, grab the lower-left corner of the chat window and drag it into position, then drag the upper-right corner into it's position. Rinse and repeat for the rest of the chat windows.

It's one of the bigger drawbacks to using that chat window mod, but the end result is SOOOO worth it IMO.

Not sure why the ini file did not correctly place things though.
Barzec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:11 PM   #19
HLMSanDiego
A Bat

Default Still frustrated making transition to UI

I tried the new 1280 960 UI and it still doesnt work in windowed mode. This is so frustrating to me since I have tried with little success moving windows around and re configuring the viewport.

One of the problems I noticed is that the options window offers different windows sizes in window mode vs full screen mode and the 1280 960 is only offered in full screen.

Unsure where to go from here since I cant type to anyone and cant see what I am typing.

In full screen using your new 1280 960 looks like this:

http://members.cox.net/henrycpa/2007-06-12_100309.jpg

However I must play in windowed mode because I 2 box and I am constatly monitoring web sites and sometimes friends IM me. But in windowed mode it looks like this:

http://members.cox.net/henrycpa/2007-06-12_100156.jpg

Notice how the full screen mode looks stretched out high low wise and the windowed mode isnt usable with the typing lines hidden. Also notice the difference in the screen modes offered between windowed and full screen.

This is all confusing to me.

Still trying to get setttled into Myxiplx.

Riviera of Bertoxxulous
HLMSanDiego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 09:16 AM   #20
fenrian1
A Shissar Defiler

It looks to me like the problem is that EQ does not support widescreen in windowed mode. EQ has always been touchy about resolutions any way and it likes for every thing to be set the same.

I doubt if this will fix the problem, but it cant hurt;
right click the desktop, select properties and set the res to 1280x960
launch EQ, click options when the patcher finish's and select 1280x960
load char and select 1280x960 in options
window the game and select 1280x960 in options.

I had some issues a long time ago with the game getting all stretched out in windowed mode until I ensured that all 3 places I could set the res where the same. It looks to me though that options does not even give a 1280x960 res in the drop down. If this is the case, you will probably have to use a standard res and play in 1280x1064, myxi has a UI that supports that.
fenrian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 05:14 PM   #21
Sadenaig
A Hill Giant

I am not sure what happened, but when I got my new monitor I couldn't use the native resolution of 1680x1050, but sometime later I went and looked again, and I was able to. EQ does support it in windowed mode, but I don't know if there is a setting somewhere that needs to be changed of if a file needs to be replaced.
Sadenaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 06:39 AM   #22
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

Hey guys,

Apologies for not replying sooner, I've been away on holiday for a week in sunny spain.

Give me a day or two to catch up and have a think about this resolution thing and I'll see if I can get a solution posted.

EQ definately does support 1280x960 in windowed mode as I'm using it myself now. I suspect it's a graphics driver thing - EQ's never been the best at working these things out. I'm hoping it's just a case of editing EQ's .ini files to add that as a supported resolution. I've read something along those lines on the forums when other people have had problems using their widescreen resolutions.

Myx
myxiplx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 05:21 PM   #23
Izara
A Gray Wolf

Default Map errors on zoning?

Have had my system crash on zoning several times now with the mini-map open when I zone. Restarting did not help, as I would immediately crash again when zoning in (mini-map still open). Deleting the EQUI_MapViewWnd.xml file allowed me to re-enter the game with no problems, with the default large map now open down in the corner. This happened in The Feerot and Cazic Thule a couple of days ago, and today in Great Divide. No clue why - the error messages all reference something like "the instruction at "0x7c918494" referenced memory at "0x3f800000" the memory could not be written". The addresses were not consistently the same, but the message was always similar to that.

It's taken me a bit to get used to this UI, but I do love it's clean looks and functionality and I will continue to use it. I just have to remember to close the map before zoning.
Izara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 03:00 AM   #24
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

Hey guys,

Resolution Issue
Ok, reading up on the resolution thing it seems that EQ supports pretty much any resolution, but what's shown in the list in game will vary depending on your graphics card / monitor combination.

If you want to use a resolution that's not listed for you, if you quit EQ you can add the setting manually by editing the eqclient.ini file. To set EQ to use 1280x960 in windowed mode and 1280x1024 full screen find the [VideoMode] section and set it like this:

[VideoMode]
Width=1280
Height=1024
RefreshRate=60
BitsPerPixel=32
WindowedWidth=1280
WindowedHeight=960
FullscreenBitsPerPixel=32
FullscreenRefreshRate=60

Crashing when zoning
Izara, that's interesting to read. I've never had a problem like this myself, but my fiancee's experienced intermittent problems like that in the past.

It's not something I've been able to find a cause for yet to be able to submit a /bugreport to soe. Lenlu's had it crash a few times, either while zoning or just randomly a minute or two later, which sounds very similar to your problem. With the latest patch we also tracked it down to the map, but then I put the map back a few days later and she's been running ok with it ever since. With nobody else had reporting problems and her account working again I wasn't too worried about it.

However, if you're also having problems it's likely others are affected too. Reading up on it today, there are a few warnings about using open inventory slots when zoning, so that's what I suspect is causing the problems. I further suspect the crashing only occurs with specific bags or items in your inventory, otherwise I'd be having the same problems.

Could you do me a favour and run "/output inventory" and pm me the text file that generates (a file called Character-Inventory.txt in your EQ folder). I'll see if there's anything in common between your account and Lenlu's to see if I can find the root cause so I can report this to SoE.

However while I'm looking for the cause of this, I could also do with modifying the UI to prevent that crashing for you. I'm thinking the best workaround will probably be for me to remove the bag tab from the map and add it to another window, so you can keep the map open and just open the inventory when needed. The music player window seems to be the easiest piece to modify that's not often used. Leave this with me I'll try to get that modified in the next week or two and added as an option for the UI.

Myx
Old 06-16-2007, 03:06 AM   #25
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

Minyumivia,

If your windows are all jumbled up it means EQ didn't get the settings from my ini file.

The first thing I'd ask is what resolution are you running? The .ini files I supply only include settings for specific resolutions: 1280x1024 and 1280x960. I'm adding support for other resolutions as I can, but it's taking some time to do.

If you're definately running the supported resolution, then something went wrong copying the ini file over. Make sure you've completely quit out of EQ (once the game is running and you've logged on it doesn't read the settings again), and check that you're replacing the settings for the correct character and server.

If you're still having problems, post again and I'll see what else I can do to help

Myx
Old 06-17-2007, 04:03 PM   #26
jay6600
A Ghoul

Myx,

I like the bag and the two color tabs added to the map, but i don't want to use the small map. Is there any way you can add the bag tab to either the enlarged or the default sized map?

Thx,
Jay6600
jay6600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 02:37 PM   #27
Bria
A Bat

Default Tiny hot bar ui piece

Having a bit of trouble here, i loaded the file in a new folder (copied version of default) and it doesnt seem to be working. I dont get errors but the hot bar doesnt change. Im on the combine server (progressive) if that makes a difference. Any way to help me get all tiny Hotbars?
Bria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 04:34 PM   #28
kudilukudzu
Premium Member

Server: povar
Send a message via ICQ to kudilukudzu Send a message via AIM to kudilukudzu Send a message via MSN to kudilukudzu Send a message via Yahoo to kudilukudzu

ok, first, don't copy default. just put the extracted zip file in a new folder in the UI directory.
second, are there any spaces in your folder name? if so, remove them. spaces can play havoc with some things like this. you'll be better off if you make it all lowercase as well - i believe the loadskin system is case sensitive, so if you do have capitals make sure you remember where they are.
third, i'm not sure, but i think this UI is a modular system that has options. usually in this type, the filenames have stuff appended to the end to explain which version it is. example would be EQUI_HotButtonWnd_allhorizontal.xml. the file should be named with just the basic file name - in the hot button window example, it would be something like EQUI_HotButtonWnd.xml
i'm not sure if that's the exact name, but you should be able to tell. the only thing that should be after 'window' or 'wnd' is the extension (.xml).
Ruritha Queenclaw, 72 Vah Shir Beastlord
Kamendae Namorlane, current trader mule

Universal Brotherhood, Povar
Lythra Amaranthus, 49 Wood Elf Druid
Kasya Earthspeaker, 35 Erudite Magician
Urasei, 14 Barbarian Shaman
Ukis, 14 Barbarian Berserker
kudilukudzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 11:28 AM   #29
Catweazel
A Ghoul

I have recently switched to this UI from AYA and like the simpler layout, thanks for the hard work that went into this.

In playing around, I have discovered a bug relating to bag slots:

The bag tab window shows all bags as 10 slot and does not refresh when removing a bag. Adding an item to slot 7 in a 6 slot bag crashes the system. This applies to the bank slots as well.

Cat
Catweazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 09:15 PM   #30
fenrian1
A Shissar Defiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catweazel
I have recently switched to this UI from AYA and like the simpler layout, thanks for the hard work that went into this.

In playing around, I have discovered a bug relating to bag slots:

The bag tab window shows all bags as 10 slot and does not refresh when removing a bag. Adding an item to slot 7 in a 6 slot bag crashes the system. This applies to the bank slots as well.

Cat

This is true for all "open bag" ui's. they should always be used with extreme care so you dont lose stuff.
fenrian1 is offline   Reply With Quote