Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > General UI Talk > Priest
User Name
Password

Old 09-14-2005, 10:27 PM   #61
BeatuBeatu
A Gray Wolf

Wow, I'm suprised you answered so quickly

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question's, I was looking through the hotbutton xml file and it's bank 4 that i want bank 2 to look like for now. I did some editing and change the background art for it. I'm going to try it out once my new computer is up and running.

I've never done any of this editing to the XML stuff before. I am curious to learn.

Thank's again, I look forward to the stat bar's return once you have everything eslse figured out

Khaw Ching
BeatuBeatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 11:31 AM   #62
Sudladar
A Bat

Default 1024x768

Fantastic UI Soran!!

Any plans on updating the 1024x768 to work with the DoD expansion and patches?

I see you've updated one resolution and anxiously awaiting the other updates.
Sudladar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 11:34 AM   #63
Sylvanwulf
A Bat

Server: Bristlebane
Send a message via AIM to Sylvanwulf
Default DoD Update

This is SUCH a phenomenal UI. Do you have a timetable for when you might have a new version pg the 1024 x 768. Us old farts who need the larger display print really dig this design of yours that leaves us so much screen real estate to see the game and NOT the interface.

Keep up the GRAND work!

...and thank you so much!
Sylvanwulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 11:18 AM   #64
Dyzalott
A Gray Wolf

Server: Fennin Ro
Smile missing the optional 6 member party window

Any plans on the return of the optional 6 group window? I seem to die alot more, from not seeing I am under attack, with the 6 group broken.

The rearangement of the rest for DoD is slick though so kudos on that!

I am another person squinting at the screen waiting on the 1024 smaller resolution version to update.

Have converted several friends in the Cleric life over to this UI. Once again I have to say amazing work from someone who seems to understand the exact nature of the healing game. I brag on this UI that it is good enough should have to spend AA points to unlock it. Overall I think I am 20% better cleric with this UI and 90% more relaxed because of that fact. Stress burns clerics out in EQ so save a cleric YOU love and tell them of Soran!
Dyzalott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 12:32 PM   #65
Kuryakenn
A Ghoul

Default Looking Great!

It is looking great Soran....I can't wait until it's ready. I look everyday...several times a day in hopes it is! Like Dyzalott, I really like the 6 player window. I hope it can be available when you're done. I focus so much on who I am healing, there have been many times I did not realize I was getting hit...that feature has been great! I also really like the idea of moving the HOTT box closer too, I have been 'opening' another HOTT window and positioning it closer to my target window, so this will be a nice addition for me.

Thanks again....from a very happy cleric!
Fennin Ro Server
Kuryakenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 09:33 PM   #66
soran
A Tundra Mammoth

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Sorry its taking so long. I really wasn't happy with it the way it was. I moved things around again. The UI feels much better now.

I attached a screenshot of what I have so far. I'm almost done.. just need to do some more tweaking with the window positions

Soran
Attached Images
File Type: jpg redesign2.jpg (191.6 KB, 55 views)
soran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 03:47 PM   #67
Dyzalott
A Gray Wolf

Lightbulb Custom Thought for Soran UI

As you know I LOVE this UI so I will skip my usual rave review and offer a suggestion for you instead. No don't groan more work lol It's already Done!

I noticed you moved the XP Target'sTarget AXP Hotkey bank to the left this time I would like to suggest you offer here and at your site as well the option to download the right hand side one gives you even more custom things we can do to our personal taste.

I squished your larger UI 1152x864 into a 1024x768 screen for now. Just closed the hotbar down the left side and shortened my chat boxes up. This works but not as cool. lol

THANK YOU for all your hard work

**oh almost forgot any way to make the buff icon bars "auto hide" like you can set the windows task bar to do? Friend I got useing this UI asked me. Sounds like might be cool, but maybe limited by EQ, or might just be a lag your graphics to death thing. Don't know enough about the programing, (I know nothing but good UI when I see one), to say if this is a pipe dream or not.
Dyzalott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 10:02 AM   #68
Kuryakenn
A Ghoul

Default Donation?

I have looked for but cannot find a 'Paypal' button or any other means to make a donaton to you Soran for all the time and effort you put into this. I know, you probably don't want to make people feel like they should pay you, but in reality, I cannot do what you do and I really appreciate it, and I believe there are many others just like me.

I, for one, would most definitely make a donation. Give it a thought and if you are so inclined, simply place it on your website and don't tell people about it or that they have to make a donation. I know there are those who cannot afford it...but I bet there are a lot of folks like me, that are very appreciative and would try to help you out by sending you $5-$10.

Regardless what you decide, thank you for making the UI's and keep up the great work! I am eagerly looking forward to the new version you are preparing!
Old 09-24-2005, 07:07 PM   #69
soran
A Tundra Mammoth

Omg.. almost done... hang on....

Look for it to be up on Sunday

Soran
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SoranNew.jpg (109.5 KB, 33 views)
Old 09-25-2005, 12:14 AM   #70
Astilbee
A Gray Wolf

Server: Lanys
Send a message via AIM to Astilbee

omg its like 2am Sunday morning ...it isnt' here yet

/giggles in desperation : )

I only check every 20 minutes all night and day long and hugs thank you for taking the time and fixing them all ..much appreciated ...

Astilbee
druid thats addicted to eq and your UI
Astilbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 11:12 AM   #71
Kuryakenn
A Ghoul

Default New UI downloaded

Hello Soran, I just wanted to thank you again for the updated UI. I downloaded the 1024x768 version, unzipped it into a folder in my UIFiles and logged on. I spent awhile moving things into place but found two issues I hope you can help me with.

1st. I still get the piece from the last version with the place for a compass, and has the hott window, and buttons for mail, combat abilities, inventory, options...etc. How do I delete that?

2nd. I do not get the number 3 window you have created. The one that is located in the lower left corner of the screen that has the slots for backpacks etc.

I have downloaded the zip file twice (thinking maybe the first time it got corrupted in the download), no difference. At first I simply overwrote the old UI, and thought that might be my problem. I created a new folder and unzipped it into that folder....same results. What am I doing wrong? Help please.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:16 PM   #72
soran
A Tundra Mammoth

1. You have to open Hotbutton window 3 from the EQMain Button -->Actions

2. Delete everything from old SoranUI folder before you unzip the file. Sounds like you still have the old SelectorWindow stuff in the folder. I don't use that window anymore.

3. Use the Config file I included for window placement, as the windows in this version have a very small tolerance for placement. View the readme file for how this is done

Soran
Old 09-26-2005, 09:05 PM   #73
Kuryakenn
A Ghoul

Default Got it

Got it, thanks again!
Old 10-14-2005, 10:29 AM   #74
oakling
Splat Mage

My thanks to you for this uI, you make my chanty a very happy lady.
I was just wandering if you plan to update the 1280 x 1024 version.
oakling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 11:08 PM   #75
soran
A Tundra Mammoth

I posted a temporary patch to make it work with the new default UI stuff. The changes were substantial to say the least. The UI works ok but you may notice some funkyness with the window borders.

It will take me a couple days to make it all look good again.

Also, 1280x1024 version is almost done. I've been busy. Sorry to those who have been waiting. You can use the 1152x864 version to get ya by till then.

Soran