Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > Graphics modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 07-22-2004, 02:31 PM   #1
Novawulf
A Glorified Port Mule

Server: The Nameless
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Graphical Misalignment

I've been modding off an on for a while now and I've taken a liking to Delta 4.0 interface and modded it heavily to my tastes

I've made completly new Group window, Target window, playerwindow and Castbar window.

Made all these changes as a complete picture in PSP & Photoshop and everything looks great there ... put the windows in their on elements and loadthem in the UI and well ... things not so peachy ... for most people might not be able to see it but there is a slight 1/2 pixel misalignment when I join everything together.

Now I tried to ajust and play with the numbers on the code part to no avail. I'm wondering what I'm missing here. The hotbox is orginal Delta 4.0 graphics and code, rest is my own changes ... 2 picts show the elements seperate and complete.

It just bugs me that its there ... does not harm just irritates me

Any Help would be appreciated.. if you need any other files let me know

The Attachements are 150Kb each so just warning you dial up people
Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg smallseperate.jpg (147.3 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg smallcomplete.jpg (122.3 KB, 46 views)

Last edited by Novawulf : 07-22-2004 at 02:37 PM.
Novawulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 02:36 PM   #2
Fyste
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Quick question for you...

Did you create new graphics files from scratch, or modify the existing ones?

It's not a problem either way... but if you create new files you must remember to make the hieght and with an EXACT power of two. So if your window is 200 x 200 ( for example ) the graphic file you create MUST be at least 256 x 256 or it will distort when you load the UI.

As a side note, if you're using someone else's UI you should keep the graphics files EXACTLY the same size. Some UI modders will make the graphics files an odd size, then compensate for the distortion by playing wierd games with the size and position of the window pieces.

( My Interfaces ) ( RETIRED )
Fyste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 02:39 PM   #3
Novawulf
A Glorified Port Mule

Server: The Nameless

Made the graphics from scratch .. each window is comprised of serveral 256x256 windows strung together. As you can see once together they line up nicely but stick them against others and that alignment isn't all peachy

I've tried the wierd sizing game with my UI as well to make them fit ... the odd thing is when I started with my custom graphics I' used the first 20 or so pixels of the old file to try to maintain the flow.

I'm just wondering if there's some sore of wierd offset that's hardcoded that I'm missing or not seeing ...

Last edited by Novawulf : 07-22-2004 at 05:55 PM.
Novawulf is offline   Reply With Quote