Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 10-23-2022, 04:03 AM   #1
Anatis
A Treant

Server: Not tellin :)
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Want to get back into modding

Where do I start lol.
It's very daunting now, so many options, so many changes since I last did anything.
I am guessing all the wysiwyg editors are dead in the water?
Anatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2022, 06:55 PM   #2
shillingworth
A Predatory Creeper

Server: Bertoxxulous
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

What I had to do to get started again was just jump in. A couple handy tips though.

* Use VSCode to edit the files, it's a very powerful cross platform editor made by Microsoft with a lot of well made extensions available. Can open your entire UI folder and have all the files present on the explorer tab. Can also open multiple folders, for example I keep my UI's folder and the default folder open in the workspace associated with my UI.

* Keep SIDL.xml open as a reference. This is really the only actual documentation we have to what things exist in the UI system. As far as how to use each of the things, pretty much have to go on a hunt through the default UI to find examples. The old AboutSIDL.doc never got any updates so that's only really helpful for the most rudimentary of functionality.

"Computers are like Air Conditioners, they stop working properly when you open Windows."
shillingworth is offline   Reply With Quote