Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 01-14-2005, 02:40 PM   #1
eastearth
A Bat

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Unhappy Need Help for Player & Target Window

I have trouble in modifying TargetBoxStaticAnim of Target window and AttackIndicatorAnim in Player window. I want to resize them, but failed.
I resized the Target.tga and AttackIndicator.tga, and modified the EQUI_TargetWindow.xml &EQUI_PlayerWindow.xml. It seems not work.
What's wrong with my work? How to create the TGA files for TargetBoxStaticAnim and AttackIndicatorAnim?
eastearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 04:59 PM   #2
Inokis
Pale Scrawny Guy

Server: Bristlebane // Erollisi Marr
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via Yahoo to Inokis

Its possible to do, you just have to understand a few things about the .tga files. If you size them to specific sizes, ie 40x 150 etc... Then they are not always rendered as the size you wish them to be. The easiest way is to make the graphic the size you want it to be, and then place it on a 256x256 blank .tga. This preserves the actual size of the image and the interface will not scale them down.

Also, these are placed at 0, 0 by the interface default. To move them either vertically or horizontally away from the border, you have to place the graphic however far in, vertically or horizontially, on the 256x256 blank canvas. This is basically equivalent to leaving a gutter around the actual graphic.

Last edited by Inokis : 01-14-2005 at 07:17 PM.
Inokis is offline   Reply With Quote