Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 04:52 AM   #61
Xanxeses
A Bat

Default Late to the party

I just saw this thread (and didn't read all four pages of it so this may be redundant) but someone got Brenlo to address the player models issue on the EQ boards, and here's what he said:

"They are still being evaluated. *Currently being evaluated* Hehe. If/when we do recreate the character models they would not be part of an expansion."

Brenlo Bixiebopper
Community Relations Manager

If you want so see the thread it's at the bottom. Hopefully EQ will get over the "what are you gonna do? Go to another MMO?" posture they've been able to get away with for so long before we all do just that, but the signs are pointing in other directions. The newest version of the lag meter even hides the server side ping numbers in hopes I assume that we won't notice they are consolidating hardware. My account is on hold while I play WoW and watch to see if they are just going to milk this thing to the ground, or try to make it last a few more years.

http://eqforums.station.sony.com/eq...id=54027#M54027
Xanxeses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 11:07 AM   #62
danny91643
A Lost Soul

Server: Zek
Arrow Now I can Move On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanxeses

"They are still being evaluated. *Currently being evaluated* Hehe. If/when we do recreate the character models they would not be part of an expansion."

Brenlo Bixiebopper

If you want so see the thread it's at the bottom.

[url
http://eqforums.station.sony.com/eq/board/message?board.id=Veterans&message.id=54027#M54027[/url]

Well that answered My Question. now I can move on with a certain confidence that New Character models will not be forthcomming soon.

I'll keep one account open in EQ just because I've spent too much time to throw it all away and I have had a lot of fun with it. There are just too many other Games out there that offer MUCH more.

Last edited by danny91643 : 01-30-2005 at 10:03 PM.
danny91643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 07:10 PM   #63
stacked
A Gray Wolf

Why keep an account open? Your character will be there at a minimum of 6 months. ( Thats only if they decide to combine a server and your character is under lvl 10. ) Worst case, you have to activate your character for 1 month just to log him in to assure he doesn't get wiped if they announce they are going to do so.

These guys won't get the message until accounts are closed. Stop giveing them money if your no long playing. You just helping them pad their justification numbers. Not loging in isn't hurting these guys, not paying will.
stacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 10:57 AM   #64
PywacketBST
A Gray Wolf

Server: Lanys T`Vyl
Default SOE new char grafix

First off I hope no-one gets offended by me linking to another site this was a topic of debate sometime back on the guild message boards
so heres the link

http://eq.crgaming.com/viewarticle.asp?Article=7411

I would say that even with the exodus due to wow and eq2
SOE still holds quite a few trump cards and the lions share of the MMORPG = Massive Multitiple Online Role Playing Game?
subscribers with eq1

that said I may eat my words for being so optimistic,
the statistics show SOE with eq1 is still in the top and one of the largest MMORPG still going strong

I personally would be highly upset if they closed the doors I have invested countless hours of gameplay into my main and also Alternate characters.
4-5 years worth.
PywacketBST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 01:43 PM   #65
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by PywacketBST
I would say that even with the exodus due to wow and eq2 SOE still holds quite a few trump cards and the lions share of the MMORPG = Massive Multitiple Online Role Playing Game? subscribers with eq1

Hate to burst your bubble, but if you read the WoW site, they are already hitting 200,000 players concurently and have sold more than 700,000 copies of the game. The highest I have ever seen SOE brag about being online at one time was 120,000.

Granted Blizz maybe counting Overseas servers (I think they have them locally in Korea). And SOE may have only been talking from their state side servers.

With the Merger of all the PvP servers this week, it is pretty obvious that EQ has finally been wounded. Be it WoW or EQ2. Is it a mortal wound??? Only time will tell if they can heal. I for one hope they can.

.: Have a question? Read this :.
[ F.A.Q ]
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 03:10 PM   #66
Qinadwen
An Executioner

Server: Venril Sathir

If mortally wounded, I hope they release the server-side software, so we can continue playing. Otherwise the money we all spent on the game is right out the window and the time and effort aswell

Baron Qinadwen Loreseeker, Koada'Dal Conjurer of the 56th plane.

Thomas Jefferson:
"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases."
Qinadwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 08:24 AM   #67
Laffs
A Treant

Sounds like they are tightening there belt a bit then, all the pvp servers merged there will be a mass killing spree lol, it was hard enough to go from A to B as it was lol
Laffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 03:37 PM   #68
Tadrazil
A Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudane
With the Merger of all the PvP servers this week, it is pretty obvious that EQ has finally been wounded. Be it WoW or EQ2. Is it a mortal wound??? Only time will tell if they can heal. I for one hope they can.

Yep, i am playing on Luclin and its getting realy lonly out there. I can only hope
SOE will do something about it. And thats in my opinion a high priority point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogur
I believe EQ is in need of some serious server consolidation in order to remain viable...

Me too

I can live with the current PC models very well.
I see that your point is about promises made, Kudane.
But, i personally dont think this will improve the atmosphere and gameplay of EQ very much.
What i liked very much was the update of Lavastorm recently made. Would like to see more of those kind of updates.

I started playing EQ when Kunark came out. And i loved it.
I quited my account cause two friends of mine were playing AC and i wanted to join them. BAD IDEA.
I tried DAoC AO AC2(that was the worst) SWG, then i got a mail cause of 5 Years EQ Birthday i could reactivate my Account HURRAY
After playing all those other games i knew what made EQ so good for me.
Mainly its the people and the atmosphere, and yes you can have atmosphere with graphics that are not state of the art.
Ahh you know it was so much fun exploring a world with no maps no compass (Master your Sense Heading ) and you couldnt see very far when it was night, and most important no radar!!!!
Please never include a radar in any expansion or updatepatch.
And last but not least so many NPCs to talk to.
Ok enough nostalgic feelings.
Please everybody stay with EQ.

Tad

P.S. : Excuse my crappy english, i´m from the old world
Tadrazil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 12:34 AM   #69
danny91643
A Lost Soul

Cool Just My Opinion

I guess this thread has moved some what from it's original intention and that was the concern with Player Character Models.
As for the multitude of comments on the demise of EQ we haven't seen it yet, and with the current expansion I don't think it will be soon. I have been playing on the Beta Test for the new expansion, and it looks good. So what does this mean:
1. It looks like SOE is putting in an effort to keep what client base they have remaining in EQ.
2. Why would SOE create this expansion if the doors were closing in the near future. The development of this expansion has to have cost some major bucks.
3. Why have a beta test for an expansion ? A lot of us are Gun shy when it comes down to new expansions with in EQ. We now have a good insight to what are money will be purchasing (nice for a change).

Yes SOE has taken a mighty blow and they are NO Longer the king of the roost. Arenanet has throw down a guantlet with the most amazing Tech. I have seen with on line gamming. I am sure ALL on line gamming industries will be keeping a close eye on their success or failure.

I don't feel SOE can keep pace with the newest games and with that said, in my opioion, SOE needs to refine the game itself. We have ALL mentioned the constant errors STILL under cxonsideration, but not corrected, We have ALL commented on the lack of respect with customer support. This is what will keep EQ alive.
Old 02-09-2005, 03:23 AM   #70
RahlTelperion
A Gray Wolf

Server: Seventh Hammer
Send a message via ICQ to RahlTelperion
Default what did it boil down to?

Just wondering what, if anything, the final reply was? Only saw one post from Brenlo on the first page, and a post backing up the programmers for having to re-create a zillion and 9 different character animations, and also a post by t.king from Sigil, who pointed out the Polling ability Sony NEEDS to use, but no final reply on whether it is in the works still, whether all these people have been posting misinformation from the Summit, or whether there WILL be new character animations sometime in the near future.

I, for one, am for *NEW* content; however, not if it breaks *OLD* content. There is far too many quests in this game that are broken, or never were working to begin with, to keep coming out with a new expansion every 3 or 4 months. I would like to see a POLL through EQ right after logging in that asks(they had this one a few years back, I recall...): Would you prefer we fix the broken quests/content, or add new content/zones?

I've been pleased by the new occurences leading up to the new Expansion. Revamped zones is a great thing, IMHO. Lavastorm looks wonderful, the spiders and other mobs looks spectacular, and the quests were a nice thing(although I think there has to be some sort of larger delay on certain items spawning, etc...). I haven't been to Paw nor MM, but I've heard great things about both. I only hope that they can keep up this trend.

Cheers,
-R
-The Seventh Hammer-
RahlTelperion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 10:32 AM   #71
danny91643
A Lost Soul

Post by Thomus:
The Everquest client has the ability to ‘poll players’ after they login. It should be utilized to ask players if they would like to see new player models added; either inside or outside of an expansion, if you’re indifferent on the issue and simply don’t care, or are in opposition to the idea altogether.

Originally Posted by Xanxeses

Brenlo Bixiebopper

If you want so see the thread it's at the bottom.

[url
http://eqforums.station.sony.com/eq/board/message?board.id=Veterans&message.id=54027#M54027[/url]

Final Answer and Suggestion by Thomus. BTW I PM'd Thomus's suggestion to Brenlo after I read it and never received a reply.

You made my point: Refine the Game. Fix the bugs that exist. Yes it looks as if this is the course with the Zone revamps, yet the revamps have problems.

As I have stated before take a note from Arenanet GW. Several Beta weekends have allowed them to create a game from customer (Player) suggestions. Infact they patch and fix problems during game play, New Platform avaliable Please log off and log in to receive, No waiting for a new patch.

Refine the game, Keep your promises and you keep your customers. Simple.
Old 02-15-2005, 11:24 AM   #72
Jennyfyr
A Bat

For 6 years, the Veeshan server has been my home. I played a bit on Tarew Marr as well. 6 months ago, the bazaar zone listed 500+ traders during the slow hours. The most I have seen in recent days is around 250. For a server like Veeshan, thats a rather large discrepency.

Many of Kudane's comments seem to eminate a desire to see some new low level content, in addition to new character models. I, for one, can certainly relate to that desire. I think EQ needs a long overdue facelift to entice new players to try it. Many would disagree, claiming that anything a new player does is new. While that may be true, a certain portion of the veteran playerbase would need to be involved in that content as well to keep the lower level game interesting for new players.

Risk vs. reward, and the newbie armor quests needs some serious work. And some meaningful low level raiding type content needs to be implemented. New players means continued longevity for the game. Casual vs. hardcore playstyle needs some serious work as well. A casual player needs to feel like they can accomplish meaningful progress in thier shorter playtimes. They need to feel like its worth it to log in for an hour or two. Hardcore players need greater challenges to overcome. Hopefully, DoN answers that call for them. We shall see.
Jennyfyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 09:05 AM   #73
Fhra-MT

Default yes on the DoN day they are

Non-sol-model wood elf - dark elf females, legs got tuned up and removed some weight. Basically made front and back view triangles out of them. The waist and small hip reduction as well. High elfs IN sol models now have 3 bands below the belly button to the center, much like underware lines, hips where tucked in and knee angle standing was also altered. Human Females too got a partial reduction and quite possibly the facial features are more defined IN SOL-models.

I have been editing the custom inis i have here to add cyrstals and such, taking me a long time since i wing it all.

These are not NEW , they once said last march (1 year ago) they were dumping sol and old for 1 new set, but its a update.

Now I got to set down, I will need a pillow.. (wood elf female warrior).

Fhra-MT 55 war.
Old 06-19-2005, 11:48 PM   #74
Vemanos
A Hill Giant

Server: Maelin Starypyre

I'm sorta confused about what everyone's talking about, so forgive me if I don't get it right off the bat... But what exactly are we complaining about here? Better models? Well they sure as hail are better then the old old ones... I've never really thought anything bad about the ones, I figure if it ain't broke dont fix it... Anyways what's the issue here, someone point it out for me please. :P
Old 06-19-2005, 11:56 PM   #75
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Vemanos, you do realize you are responding to a thread originally posted back in January, right?
Cairenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Closed Thread