Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Old 10-11-2002, 01:33 PM   #31
kagetan
A Treant

So what are they changing the name of Complete Heal to.. now that it won't be quite a complete healing? Less-Than-Complete Heal?
kagetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2002, 02:03 PM   #32
figure out
A Gray Wolf

Quote:
monks are "suposed" to be in the top rung of solo classes in the high end game and we are suposed to do sick damage ... its in the class discrption ..

But they're supposed to do it nekkid
So far I haven't thought of anything that's really that bad with the changes. Maybe I'll be proven wrong when all that's said is done, but I doubt it. It's kinda fun though, like making it a slightly different game every so often... if they do this until the release of eq 2 they'll probably keep me hooked long enough to buy that one too
figure out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 05:48 AM   #33
Vangoo
A Fire Beetle

Angry About the monks---

About the monks....

Ummmm...Can't Human Monks wear plate? Duh! Yes, they can.

So does that mean they're a "plate" class to Verant?

Where does that leave the Ikies?

And Ikies have a higher AC than human monks...Boy, human monks are MORE screwed now.

I must admit that I have yet to see a Tank that can hold agro against a monk. (unless they're a pally.)

This change could be devestating to the Monk class if Verant pulls their normal "Oops, we screwed up. Again....Welcome to the "new" Bard class to Verant...monks."

Things they SHOULD've looked at for monks:

1--Watch the Stuns...sheesh..On countless occassions Ive watched my health drop 4 bubs in about 3 seconds from a pull...just from being hit and stunned.

2--Give the Tanks more freakin' ways to get the agro...perhaps a /spit skill? (Heck at master lvl you could increase the chance to blind'em)
-----------------------or-----------------------
give the Enchanters BETTER agro increasing spells..the ones they have now suck.

We're already out in the open......tappin' the mob on the shoulder, offering them a smoke.. then haulin' butt back to our buds waiting to try to pry'em off us..even after an FD.

One last thing....SAY NOOOOO to EQ 2......tell them bastards that they have the get the FIRST One RIGHT BEFORE you can make a 2..sheesh...common sense peeps...look at Legends...it sucked.

Sorry, I'm tired...cranky..and down right disappointed in Verant (yet again)..I thought I was safe this time from them...nope...
my Enc dies in .000005 seconds from a tank who "forgot" to taunt..My bard..umm..well.. you know Verant and bards...My druid...hell, even at master in 1h blunt still can't finish off a mob with 4 HP left...and now my monk....whats next? Oh yeah...Complete Heal...doesn't really complete heal...well thats an Oximoron...kinda like Verant, 'We care what you have to say about our games."

Kill'em all and left the Gods sort'em out...Wait..in 10 days we can kill the Gods....aww hell, there goes that saying.

Night peeps sorry for the rant,

Vangoo
Vangoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 02:16 PM   #34
Gniss Fleshmend
A Gray Wolf

Human monks wearing Plate? what are you smoking, and where can I get some?

NO monk can wear anything better than leather. no chain, no plate. Iksar monks have regen and higher inate ac, human monks have slightly faster and stronger fists.
Gniss Fleshmend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2002, 09:58 AM   #35
pheonixheart
A Treant

Server: Zebuxoruk

LOL it's true... no metal anything for monks cept bracers and jewelry hehe... but ooooooooo i really love the idea of a /spit command hehe and the blinding thing ROFL! but ya know it would be cool LOL... or something like that anyhow... =P
pheonixheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2002, 02:36 PM   #36
xlorepdarkhelm
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Server: Xegony
Send a message via AIM to xlorepdarkhelm Send a message via Yahoo to xlorepdarkhelm

PSC is plate.

Magelo
Guild Website
xlorepdarkhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 02:19 AM   #37
Vangoo
A Fire Beetle

Default Thanks Xlore..

Thanks Xlore for backin me up on the plate thing..

True they cannot wear plate BP, Legs, etc..but they can wear plate for their Bracers.....hence the shackle quests for the iksars. (Cause they cannot wear plate.)

Sorry about the rest of the post..I re-read it today..and boy, I didnt make any sense...Doh!

Wont make that mistake today...

Catch ya,

Vangoo

Fennin Ro Server
Vangoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 02:41 AM   #38
Zzyzxx
A Gray Wolf

all i have to say is that monks are getting screwed over...

Zzyzxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2002, 05:23 AM   #39
pheonixheart
A Treant

Server: Zebuxoruk

I sent a feedback email to them... i hope that all of you do the same... if you don't know where to find it, here is the email addy to send them your thoughts on the matter:

[email protected]

The squeaky wheel gets the oil so to speak, so the more we squeak maybe we'll get some oil =P hehe
pheonixheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2002, 08:30 AM   #40
Xecros
A Gray Wolf

Server: Xegony
Default MB nerf

I am very unhappy about manaburn being nerfed!! At least it wasn't too much of a nerf. It'll just take a little longer for a group of wizzies to bring something down.....

anyways, at least they didn't mess with it being completely non-resistable, or put a damage cap on it.

Xec
Xecros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2002, 08:53 AM   #41
Melosa
An Icepaw Kobold

SHHHH!!! Not so loud, or they will!!!

It looks like it's all going live today, so we'll finally see just how bad it really is. I hope (crosses fingers) and pray (begs Tunare) that these changes aren't as dramatic as they sound.
Melosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 07:01 AM   #42
bryansworld
A Ghoul

Quote:
PSC is plate.

wow -- since when are spider butts made out of metal?

Yeah i know what your saying but its made from a animals skin (exoskeleton) so its technically still a type of leather...
bryansworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 09:56 AM   #43
quikain
A Fire Beetle

... well the ac change is definatly noticable:P

59 disgruntled monk
quikain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 07:45 PM   #44
Tellgar
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Fennin Ro
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

[Monk changes]: Makes me a little wary... my primary hunting partner is a monk and I hope this doesn't come down too hard on their ability to at least semi-tank. Pulling is going to be a lot more rough on these fellas... and regen spells might now become an important buff for monks (I think this might have been considered when designers decided on this change).

[Manaburn]: Saw this coming the instant greedy players started forming manaburn teams. The MB teams were a plague on almost every server... and I'm VERY glad to see them put a reasonable restraint on the use of it. Your MB is not used if the mob can't be affected due to the change - they added a check for that.

Now if a group of wizzies tries to MB a large mob (dragon or such), it's gonna be a pretty wild sight! 1st Wiz MB's... they all run around like mad dying left and right waiting for the timed effect to wear off. hehe

[Complete Heal]: Doubt I'll really see any difference.

[Druid Heal]: Good going. This is something I really think druids needed to be considered more seriously in group roles. Every Idgit out there that tells you druids are meant for soloing needs to be smacked on the back of the head with a 2 x 4. Druids are the handymen(women) of EQ. They can heal a little, nuke a little, and buff a little - not being exceptional in any category.

A good druid will handle quite a bit in a group. When there isn't an enchanter around, the druid can handle moderate crowd control with the use of ensnare and root... sticking extra mobs to the ground off to the side to be dealt with later. They tend to the other casters, such as the wizards/enchanters/mages keeping them full on hp so the cleric(s) can devote their mana to the tanks. The heal makes this much more viable, as even casters have a fair amount of HP with buffs up.

[Shaman Heal]: Also good... but shammy's already had quite a load on their mana pool, I'm wondering how much this will add.

Anyway, those are my opinions.
Tellgar is offline   Reply With Quote