Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Request
User Name
Password

Old 01-13-2003, 04:52 PM   #1
Thoth93
A Treant

Unhappy Someone please Hijack this UI (Drestin)!

Ok, I have to say first off that I really hesitate making this request. Not sure if it is appropriate to ask. But...

Drestin has made a great UI that I love and wish to keep useing...

Pic =

http://www.eqinterface.com/sdownload/preview.php?id=301

dload =

http://www.eqinterface.com/sdownloa...info.php?id=301

However Drestin has not updated or patched this UI since PoP, back on 10-31-02. (in other words, several patches ago) I have sent him PM's and e-mails telling him how much I enjoy and appreciate his work on this UI and further asking him when he might have time to update the compatibility with current game needs. He has as yet, not responded. Up until the most recent EQ patch I was content to ignore the error messages and just "play on". Now however, with the latest patch the UI seems entirely "broke".

I've all but lost hope that he intends to continue supporting the UI.

I have looked for other mods that might be suitable but none that I have viewed are as appealing or as usefully laid out for my particular tastes. Which brings me to this...

Is there anyone out there willing to look at and patch this Drestin UI for those of us who use it since I am not skilled with xml and Drestin seems otherwise occupied...

Any help would be appreciated. If you know how to fix the UI and wouldnt mind zipping me a patch, but are hesitant to post the info here, please PM me.

Thanks!

<EDIT> Drestin if yer out there... HELP!

Last edited by Thoth93 : 01-13-2003 at 05:12 PM.
Thoth93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 01:12 AM   #2
stacked
A Gray Wolf

/agree I love this UI. Hate not being able to use it. It worked out great for my playstyle.
stacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2003, 02:37 PM   #3
Spiritweaver75
A Treant

Server: Cazic-Thule
Send a message via AIM to Spiritweaver75

/agree If i knew anything about Xml I would upgrade, but I can't I hope someone will take the time to
Spiritweaver75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 05:03 PM   #4
stacked
A Gray Wolf

I tryed to patch up the bugs with some of the copying and pasting that was suggested but there are certain elements that are different or just realy old and don't look right. /sigh Stupid tryed but stupid failed.

I don't know anyone who actualy does custom UIs on my server but I'm going to start pan handeling for one to see if I can't get them to update the UI. Maybe some of you guys can do the same.
stacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 11:06 AM   #5
Thoth93
A Treant

Default hmmmm...

Ok, useing the tips and information on how to patch I have the UI working again... although it is still suffering errors. Seems to be missing the Min/Max windows from the bazaar window and something else in the error log I need to look at.

But at least for the moment I have it working again. Once I get it all the way fixed I'll see about posting it here as a fixed version.

Having quite a bit of fun learning it too I changed some of the clicky items to suit my own needs, that sort of thing... fun.

Anyway... I'll let you guys know when it's right.
Old 01-21-2003, 07:49 PM   #6
Spiritweaver75
A Treant

Server: Cazic-Thule
Send a message via AIM to Spiritweaver75
Default sounds good

Ok thanks for taking interest i'll be waiting your version
Spiritweaver75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 07:52 PM   #7
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

i have no problems with replacing the current version with a patched version when someone finishes it.

please make sure that you have actualyl FIXED everything.. and not just gone around an issue.

once done, let me know I will arange a way for you to get it to me and i will add a footnote that it was patched by XXXXX

good luck

BTW on the bazaar window.. try removing the bazaar XML from the custom UI folder.. VERY few people did anything to the bazaar window, and if you remove it from the custom folder it will pull it from the default (as it should)

.: Have a question? Read this :.
[ F.A.Q ]
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 11:36 AM   #8
Drestin
A Treant

I have to apologize to all that use my UIs. I have been pretty busy ( started my own english school here in Japan). The main reason is I quit playing EQ heh. I'm sorry that I have been absent for so long. It's hard to fix a UI if your account is canceled 8( .

After I released those UIs they started adding things like mp3 windows and so forth. And I was busy lvling to 65 heh. Then I kind of just got tired of the eq thing and decided that my time was over.

If anyone wants to take my projects and fix them that would be great. Im sure alot of people would be happy about it. Please feel free to post the fixed version. Again Sorrys...
Drestin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 11:58 AM   #9
Vendir
A Gray Wolf

I hope someones does fix this UI its a nice 1 and a 1024x 768 version would be nice since I'm a necro this would be a great UI for a necro since im having trouble finding a good 1
thx

Last edited by Vendir : 01-23-2003 at 12:07 PM.
Vendir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 06:20 PM   #10
Talyns
The Tablets Guy

Server: Lanys

I made a fix for this guys!

Get It here:
http://www.eqgui.com/showthread.php...30419#post30419

Enjoy
-Hawkren (20 SHM)
Talyns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 09:24 PM   #11
Thoth93
A Treant

*THIS ATTACHEMENT DOES NOT WORK*

Do not download attachement. Sorry. Kudane needs to post it.

Last edited by Thoth93 : 01-23-2003 at 10:04 PM.
Old 01-23-2003, 09:26 PM   #12
Thoth93
A Treant

Alright, well I have created a fixed version as well. Not just a patch but a new version. This is what I have done different from the original Drestin ui....

1) Renamed it thoth. ( I did the work and changed things to make it my own. I intend to keep supporting this ui from now on )

2) Removed all unnecessary files. This should cut down dramatically on errors after new EQ patches.

3) Corrected the zip issues, simply unzip to your ui folder and it will create it's own folder ready to be loaded in game.

4) Removed the pre-set for 1280x960 (or whatever) resolution. The ui is still best used at a 1280x1024 resolution due to window sizes and icons, however the viewable window is NO LONGER cropped at the bottom. Meaning the entire monitor screen is used as viewable space and the ui is just sitting on top... you can fade transparancy to view as much or as little as you like under the ui.

5) Removed the ranged/ammo click buttons from the "clickies" buttons under the Hot keys and replaced them with arms and feet click slots. (I'm a SK, I have little need for a bow)

6) Updated the read me file including new directions on how to install the ui without having to worry about future updates breaking unedited windows.

I've contacted Kudane about getting it submitted for everyone and as soon as he has it up I'll post and let you all know.

Thats it for now, hope you all enjoy!

Good Hunting!
Old 01-23-2003, 09:38 PM   #13
Talyns
The Tablets Guy

Server: Lanys

You can delete the attachment with the edit button
Talyns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 10:05 PM   #14
Thoth93