Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 12-18-2002, 02:26 PM   #1
Aaranom
A Gray Wolf

Server: The Nameless
Default Transparent windows

This isnt really a skin question, more of a UI question. Looking at some of the screen shots around here, I noticed that some players have their text just kind of floating out in the middle of nowhere. It appears to be square or so like a chat box, but there is no border or scroll bar or anything, just the text. is this a special skin trick or just manipulating the window properties themselves?

Check out this picture for an example: http://www.eqinterface.com/sdownload/preview.php?id=742
Aaranom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 03:08 PM   #2
Elindel
A Tundra Mammoth

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via AIM to Elindel

Hey I recognize that!

Those windows have borders and scroll bars, they are just set to a fade to tranparency of 0

you can make them actually have no borders, background etc, but then you can't really move or resize them.

Those two windows (the spells and melee) are set to fade of 0 and normal of like 30 so I can see them enough to resize if needed.
Elindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 03:22 PM   #3
Aaranom
A Gray Wolf

Thanks for the quick help, I figured that was it, but the things that I think of to try while I am at work, I typically forget by the time I get home.
Old 12-18-2002, 04:30 PM   #4
Elindel
A Tundra Mammoth

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via AIM to Elindel

Yeah, I know what you mean I send myself alot of e-mail reminders. My brain refuses to remember anything I think about at work when I get home.
Elindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 04:40 PM   #5
Aaranom
A Gray Wolf

Any help, tips, or tricks of the trade to a info seeking coder? Im just learning all this and have figured out how to make windows bigger (smaller), move the position of certain elements within them, and to add (in small ways, i.e I put a percent indicator on a target bar) things.

Still wanting to learn more though!

Any help would be appreciated.