Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > General UI Talk
User Name
Password

Old 08-18-2009, 01:40 PM   #1
NecroDriel
A Fire Beetle

Default Can it be made?

After playing WoW for awhile and then coming back to EQ I was wondering if I could adapt some of the things from the WoW interface to EQ.

Is there a way to show a cooldown counter on a skill.

Say I use Cannibilization AA, which has a 3 min cooldown, the button goes yellow and then comes back white when it is ready for use again. Can there be a timer put on the button to how how many seconds are left in the coundown to be used agian?

This goes for alot of skills like taunt, kick, disciplines.

Id also like to know if you cant further customize the chat interface. Turning parts of something off. I want to see my spell dmg and id also like to see the mobs spell dmg, but I dont want to see the groups. But if I turn Off others under spells it cuts both npc and group members dmg out and I only want the group members off.

Another thing would be floating combat text. Would show your combat damage over your characters head in combat as well as in the combat window.

Spell timers, If i cast a HoT on the tank or a Slow on the mob id like to know exactly when its going to wear off so i can reapply it before hand. We already know how long it is supposed to last and with AA and focus effects im sure there is a way to code it to take those into consideration, I would just like to see a set of bars or something for visualization because sometimes in combat chat is going quite fast and I miss the "Soandso spell has wore off."

Thanks
Gorric - Warrior
Nameless Server
NecroDriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 03:41 PM   #2
SmileyFAAce_

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroDriel
After playing WoW for awhile and then coming back to EQ I was wondering if I could adapt some of the things from the WoW interface to EQ.

Say I use Cannibilization AA, which has a 3 min cooldown, the button goes yellow and then comes back white when it is ready for use again. Can there be a timer put on the button to how how many seconds are left in the coundown to be used agian?

Id also like to know if you cant further customize the chat interface. Turning parts of something off. I want to see my spell dmg and id also like to see the mobs spell dmg, but I dont want to see the groups. But if I turn Off others under spells it cuts both npc and group members dmg out and I only want the group members off.

Another thing would be floating combat text. Would show your combat damage over your characters head in combat as well as in the combat window.

Spell timers, If i cast a HoT on the tank or a Slow on the mob id like to know exactly when its going to wear off so i can reapply it before hand. We already know how long it is supposed to last and with AA and focus effects im sure there is a way to code it to take those into consideration, I would just like to see a set of bars or something for visualization because sometimes in combat chat is going quite fast and I miss the "Soandso spell has wore off."

Thanks
Gorric - Warrior
Nameless Server

right click window title and chose filters.. for each window. make new ones for other filters.

EQButton... Actions.. Audio Triggers.. Your Promised Recuperation Rk II spell has worn off

Set a sound for it.. when you see the message a spell wore off make a audio triger for that text.

As far as the other.. I think that is hard coded ..

I have always liked the idea of a timer on the buff icon that is on a mob or one you casted to show when it's ready to cast again.. as in R*****Z ( Another MMORPG ). That game shows a clock min hand on the buff icon that ticks away the grey, when it is visable... you can cast again the spell. What I liked about that is.. I never saw a missed timer.. As in EQ, the PR line of spells can be 23 seconds to go off or 18 seconds to go off.. etc..

K I'm rambleing

SmileyFAAce_
Old 08-18-2009, 03:51 PM   #3
warriorofmight
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroDriel

They added this functionality to a certain degree to clickable items, but they have not yet done so for skills. Would be nice though

Quote:

Thanks
Gorric - Warrior
Nameless Server

None of the rest of this can be done as far as I am aware. As Smiley suggested, the audio triggers are the best we have for an alert system.

Oink! Reborn
warriorofmight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 03:51 PM   #4
NecroDriel
A Fire Beetle

I know I can use audio triggers but the problem with that is this. I 3box. My main computer is the only one I have hooked up to speakers. The others have no sound. So I was hoping for a visual queue in the form of a long line that shrunk as it came near the end of its duration.

I think I played WoW to long and got used to having mods. Now that im back to EQ I see how much of a crutch they were and im trying to learn to deal without them again.

But there are those few mods that did such a helpful job of informing you of things.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:39 PM   #5
Halelen
Lord Doljonijiarnimorinar

Server: Povar

there are several timer mods on this site.. pretty sure there is even one with sveral timers customizable by you so say your ability has a 5 min cooldown everytime you hit it wouldstart the timer..when timer hits ) your good to go again
Halelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 05:09 PM   #6
NecroDriel
A Fire Beetle

Could you point me to one? The only links I have found are for TimerMod which takes me to some random forsale site or outdated stuff from 2003.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:59 AM   #7
Desideratus
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Venril Sathir

GamText triggers is another alternative - it's a log parser that you can set up any number of alerts and timers against, which show up in a positionable "timer window" and/or "alert area" overlaying the EQ screen. Does depend on there being a unique phrase generated by the game for the skill concerned, but there usually is.

The limitations are - it only parses one logfile, so you can't use it for more than one EQ session at a time (on one PC) - and it's always visible, even if you tab away to another EQ session or internet browser (actually this part can be handy, having your "placeholder about to respawn!" message float up in front of your mah jongg game is nice - also for 2-boxing on 1 PC, a floaty message that the toon on the background session on auto-follow is no longer following, or is about to become visible, is also handy).

It's not directly wired into EQ so is not an EULA violator - in fact I think its main description and discussion are on the official EQ forums and have been for years.
Desideratus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 01:49 PM   #8
moonfish
A Snow Cougar

unfortunately we cant get a cooldown timer on skills, but if you click it tells you the time until you can use it again in the chat window, and there is a maintained numerical timer in the aa window itself under that specific ability. That's as close as it gets, and you can probably figure a way to use audio triggers and gamtext to help you keep track as well.

For spells, just filter what you don't want to see into a spam window and minimize and drag it off the screen if there is no way to remove it entirely in the options window filters.

maybe there is a way to make gamtext do something like floaty numbers, by setting the format to abbreviated, or numbers only, and making it grab those numbers out of the chat window. if not, it's time to move on from wow.

i recommend getting sylphan's aura window timer mod. if know how long the spell is supposed to last, click on the "tick" that it supposed to wear of at and it will turn green, and you will know when to cast it again before it wears off. if you have target buffs i think you can hover over the icon and see the spell and the duration (duration may only come with inspect buffs rk2).

desideratus- can you not run multiple instances of gamtext at a time to parase multiple log files?
moonfish is offline   Reply With Quote