Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 07-27-2002, 05:05 PM   #1
Ageous
A Fire Beetle

Default Loss of the Hitsmod feature

Anyone know how to set properties of a second chat box, or is there only one set of chat box properties that they will all use? I would like to make a second chat window and turn off the scroll bar, chat entry window, make it transparent, and turn off the boarder. That way I could filter to only have melee go there and achieve close to the same effect as having hitsmode command.

If anyone knows how to use /hitsmode with the new UI, I would love to hear that too.

Last edited by Ageous : 07-27-2002 at 05:16 PM.
Ageous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 06:50 PM   #2
Morphy
A Bat

Default Hitsmode

I too have yet to find a substitute with the new interface. I know i can create a second window with melee only. The problem is that i want to seperate "others attacks" from "me getting pounded on". I'd like to have me getting hit in the main chat window instead of with the other melee spam.
Morphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 10:03 AM   #3
Merieltha
A Gray Wolf

Server: Nameless
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
I'd very much like a more detailed filter for the different windows too. I play a 60 ranger, and the battle spam from a max-hasted, double attack, dual wielding class is, um, impressive.

What I often do is send the melee text to a window and minimize that window, but (unlike the old hitsmode) the new UI sends things like "ENRAGE" messages there too . (Enrage means the mob auto-ripostes when it is very low in health, which means monks, rangers, etc. want to turn attack off and / or be behind the mob so we don't get pasted by something that hits for 300+ a pop.)

Grunt. Mutter mutter mutter.
Merieltha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 12:00 AM   #4
Kinidyen
A Bat

/bump

Anyone find a good source to answer the above questionsd? I can't seem to find anything clear on setting up a hitsmode window. Need to get rid of battle spam in my chat window.

Kinidyen
Kinidyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 12:44 AM   #5
lunakin
A Shissar Defiler

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Filtering 'my hits' and 'me getting hit' to two different windows can be done, and I believe enrage and rampage are also filterable, so they can be directed to a different window than hits, I have them going to my spells window. The hitsmode option on the bottom of the chatwindow right click menu lets you change the damage messages to full message, abbreviated message, and just the damage number.

The window properties are pretty much set, and they affect all windows. But, you can find some interesting ideas to cheat this in this thread:

http://139.81.52.39/forums/showthread.php?threadid=2328

Hope that helps

Lunakin
lunakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 12:05 PM   #6
faBBe
A Shissar Disciple

Server: -none-
Send a message via ICQ to faBBe

All you need to do is create 2 new chat windows,
filter the melee hits to one and the other,
filter the disciplines and spells and wahatever to yet another window if u like

Change the size of messages in the menu options

Then just set the fade to / normal to 0 percent, the chat text stays on, the chat input box and window frame disappears

Size your window or move it so the chat input bar disappears out of the screen, and stack your 2nd window on top , since the window frame will be invisible anyway

then Lock them and rename title to ' ' a space if you like

Also use ' always chat here' on the main woindow and you're set

I didnt shorten the dmg message in this old sshot of mine,. I like em like that (ps : dont rub the wrong side of a Halfling Warrior Lass )

ps: also set the colours to red / green, with the misses in a slightly darker and les saturated shade, VERY intuitive I would think