Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 09-25-2002, 08:00 PM   #1
AloneStarwalker
A Shissar Disciple

Default Problem with windows and transparency

I am trying to make a mod, based on screenshot from AC2 beta, sofar its looking pretty nice,it kinda looks like this :

< Spell gem 1 to 4 > <open Speelbook icon> <Hotbutton 1 to 10> < Spell gem 5 to 8 >

the hot button have a background graphic, and the spell gems and spell book icon, another background graphic, but is transparent where the hotbutton is supposed to be, my problem is when i cast a spell by using the mouse to click the spell gem, the castspell window gets focus, and i can no longer use the hotbutton bar since the castspell window is sorta on top, and it dont allow me to click on stuff underneath.

so i was wondering if i did something wrong, or the client just dont allow this sorta stuff?
AloneStarwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 12:55 AM   #2
guice
Keeper of the Hampster

Server: Mithaniel Marr
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via AIM to guice Send a message via Yahoo to guice

No bad little bar there.

As for your problem, it's the way the client is unfortunately. Once you click on a spell, it's bar will go into focus and you can't click items through it.

Nothing much can be done about that.

However; I seem to recall people putting the Spell gems into the Hotkeys just fine. Have you tried that?
Won't be able to move over the Spell Book icon/clicker through.
http://www.chronology-guild.org/
guice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 05:30 AM   #3
AloneStarwalker
A Shissar Disciple

so basically move the info from the castspellwnd.xml into the hotbuttons.xml? and you still be able to use the spells gems as normal?
Old 09-26-2002, 08:34 AM   #4
grottel
Grimling Code Editor

Server: Xev
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Yep - the controls with the element EQType can accept input from any window.
However, you may find that you have similar problems

if it's just displayed graphics, I have another solution that is a bit more complicated. Basically, change the SpellGem window to a parent screen, open the spell gem window as a piece of that (eliminate left hand graphics). Add another screen window for the left hand graphic.
I believe that this would leave the graphic behind the hotbutton window even after using the SpellGem buttons.
grottel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 08:55 AM   #5
Pini Uldar
A Shissar Disciple

Have you tried using relative-position false? Maybe you can place it absolutely on the screen so it's outside of the window but still where you want it. I've never tried this, but it would be worth a shot. Turning off relative position has to be for something *shrug*

I thought you couldn't move spell gems and have them still work. I haven't tried in awhile though.

- Pini
Pini Uldar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 07:49 PM   #6
AloneStarwalker
A Shissar Disciple

been working a bit more on it... its actually playable now, but next iam gonna try and work with the spell hotbutton bar.
Old 09-27-2002, 06:51 AM   #7
AloneStarwalker
A Shissar Disciple

tried using relative positioning of the spell gems, and it looses its mouse clickability, so thats not an option either, also tried moving a spell gem from the castspell window to the hotbutton window, that didnt work either, also tried hotbutton in castspell window, no worky.

not sure what you mean by a parent window, but as i see it, the size of the window has to fill the area, and thats whats getting the focus, not really the components that it is made up of.

but maybe i have to cave in, and make:
<Spell gems 1 to 4><spell book><Spell gems 5 to8><hotbuttons 1 to 10>