Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 05-15-2003, 01:03 PM   #1
Afterburner
A Bat

Default A Total n00b Question from someone who doesn't know the first thing about designing

I just downloaded TKing's excellent skin for the EQGUI, and I'm very much enjoying it.

The ONLY thing I don't like about it is the hotkey window, and the only reason I don't like that is because he's put in some inventory slots in the same window as the hotkeys, making the hotkey window wider and more obtrusive than I prefer.

What I would like is the same exact skin, only with the inventory slots removed from the hotkey window.

How tough would this be to do for someone with above-average computer literacy? I'm no code-slinger, but I did manage to teach myself enough C++ a few years ago to cobble together some very VERY basic programs. (I've since forgotten everything I know about C++, but that's neither here nor there.) So I can dope out basic code syntax if someone can point me at a good tutorial.

Alternately, if this is easy enough that someone can make the edit themselves and paste the code here and tell me where to stick it (heh heh heh), that would be swell.

Alternately^2, if someone has already made this particular modification and has released it into the wild, a pointer to the file would be groovy.

Thanks in advance.
Afterburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 01:20 PM   #2
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

First of all, if you have any programming experience, especially if you're a self teacher, learning EQ XML should be cake, took me a day to understand, and have a mastery understanding of EQ XML now. You might want to check out my Mix&Match of t.king's dedara UI found here http://www.eqinterface.com/sdownloa...nfo.php?id=1982, I removed the excess inventory buttons from the hotbutton window, also, a new version of MY version should either be available for download soon OR, if the EQInterface people messed up and denied my submissions which I suspect, then you'd have to wait 'til friday.

Enok
Haliken is offline   Reply With Quote