Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 08-29-2003, 01:29 AM   #16
jrljj
A Bat

put that zip file group ui in and it still causes xml error, with default i have no error
jrljj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 10:40 AM   #17
Scorrpio
A Ghoul

I swear I was not getting that message until after August 26 patch.

When I log in, I get a red message that some of my custom UI files are incompatible, that some windows may not display right, and I might want to load back the default skin. However, my interface shows and works just fine.

I checked the uierrors file, but the only errors I see there are the ones described in this thread: the group window, and in my case also the target window - cannot find LFG button/HP% children in GroupWnd, and HP% in TargetWnd. My both group and target windows had % displays to the right of the gauge before May 14 patch, and were working perfectly well after the patch. They are working well after Aug 26 patch too.

The only other messages in uierrors are warnings about loading files from default folder.
Of the files changed on Aug 26, the only custom fle I use is the HotButtonWnd - and uierrors does not show any errors in it, and hotbutton window works in game correctly. And yet I get a red incompatibility message. Does not really affect me, but would love to have it fixed.
Any suggestions on what I might wanna look for? Thanks!
Scorrpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 11:07 AM   #18
Sokol

Server: Ayonae Ro
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to Sokol Send a message via AIM to Sokol

Quote:
Originally posted by Scorrpio
I swear I was not getting that message until after August 26 patch.

When I log in, I get a red message that some of my custom UI files are incompatible, that some windows may not display right, and I might want to load back the default skin. However, my interface shows and works just fine.

I checked the uierrors file, but the only errors I see there are the ones described in this thread: the group window, and in my case also the target window - cannot find LFG button/HP% children in GroupWnd, and HP% in TargetWnd. My both group and target windows had % displays to the right of the gauge before May 14 patch, and were working perfectly well after the patch. They are working well after Aug 26 patch too.

The only other messages in uierrors are warnings about loading files from default folder.
Of the files changed on Aug 26, the only custom fle I use is the HotButtonWnd - and uierrors does not show any errors in it, and hotbutton window works in game correctly. And yet I get a red incompatibility message. Does not really affect me, but would love to have it fixed.
Any suggestions on what I might wanna look for? Thanks!

First the errors were always there for awhile, you just never saw it beacause you never re-loaded your UI. If you checked your UI errors log you would have seen them.

Any way post your errors only, not warnings they can be ignored and are supposed to be there in reality. It is just telling you that your UI does not use a moded version of this file yatta yatta so it is using the default instead.

You are saying you have only 1 file in your Custom UI folder, and it's the EQUI_HotButtonWnd.xml file? If this is the case, your flaging an error from your DEFAULT UI Folder, which meens you may need to repatch.

-Sokol
Sokol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 11:08 AM   #19
Sokol

Quote:
Originally posted by jrljj
put that zip file group ui in and it still causes xml error, with default i have no error

Look at your error log, the target window if not default also has to be fixed or you will still get these errors, and the player window aswell.

-Sokol
Old 08-30-2003, 12:52 AM   #20
Scorrpio
A Ghoul

Ahh, no, not the case. The game did not complain until August 26. Come August 26, I get the 'not compatible' error message. Now, as I look at uierrors, only errors I see are for Group/Target windows (can't find those %s they slapped down the middle)

To recap:
May 14 patch: change to GroupWnd and TargetWnd.
EQ does NOT complain about anything.

August 26 patch: of **windows changed**, only HotButtonWnd is custom.
EQ stars giving an incompatibility message.
Only errors I see in uierrors are from Group and Target windows.

makes more sense?
Old 08-30-2003, 09:48 PM   #21
Knight Marshal
A Gray Wolf

Quote:
Originally posted by CVamian
I think what you want to do, is the new files you put in from the patch:

HPPercLabel5 etc... go to this part:

<Size>
<CX>16</CX>
<CY>12</CY>
</Size>

and change the size from 16 and 12, to 0 and 0... it is still there but 0 pixels width/length... Just for the new ones that you got from the new code you added... it should fix your problem... Someone correct me if I am wrong on this though don't want to mislead... But this is what I did to mine and worked fine...

Alas, no this didn't get rid of them.
Knight Marshal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2003, 09:12 AM   #22
Sokol

Quote:
Originally posted by Scorrpio

makes more sense?

Yes, and the errors were ALWAYS there (Since the patch sony added labels in), they just didn't send them to the chat screen, they would only be noticable when you whent to load the a UI. You HAVE to change the screen ID, and Item from whatever your UI calls them to what the Default calls them and you will remove the errors.

Edit EQUI_GroupWindow.xml
Edit EQUI_TargetWindow.xml

-Sokol
Old 08-31-2003, 01:01 PM   #23
clarrissa
A Gray Wolf

UIErrorLog created at Sun Aug 31 13:49:37 2003
[Sun Aug 31 13:49:42 2003] Error: Could not find child HPLabel1 in window GroupWindow

[Sun Aug 31 13:49:42 2003] Error: Could not find child HPPercLabel1 in window GroupWindow

[Sun Aug 31 13:49:42 2003] Error: Could not find child HPLabel2 in window GroupWindow

[Sun Aug 31 13:49:42 2003] Error: Could not find child HPPercLabel2 in window GroupWindow

[Sun Aug 31 13:49:42 2003] Error: Could not find child HPLabel3 in window GroupWindow

[Sun Aug 31 13:49:42 2003] Error: Could not find child HPPercLabel3 in window GroupWindow

[Sun Aug 31 13:49:42 2003] Error: Could not find child HPLabel4 in window GroupWindow

[Sun Aug 31 13:49:42 2003] Error: Could not find child HPPercLabel4 in window GroupWindow

[Sun Aug 31 13:49:42 2003] Error: Could not find child HPLabel5 in window GroupWindow

[Sun Aug 31 13:49:42 2003] Error: Could not find child HPPercLabel5 in window GroupWindow

[Sun Aug 31 13:49:43 2003] Error: Could not find child HPPercLabel in window TargetWindow

[Sun Aug 31 13:49:43 2003] Error: Could not find child HPLabel in window TargetWindow

I dont get any crashes or the such, but that text is annoying sying that you have a problem and should load the default UI. Now my real questuion is this. I dont have any of the HPPercLabel... and HPLabel in either of these windows. So where is it calling them so that I can remove them?????
clarrissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 11:51 AM   #24
Scorrpio
A Ghoul

Well, My Group/Targt windows already had the percentage numbers to the right of the bars, so I just renamed those pieces to the new default ones.

To answer clarrissa in layman terms: Your EQ client is programmed to sent output to a certain set of fields in certain windows. You can have your windows request additional output to a window from the client. (Like adding the exp bar display to your player info window). However, if the window misses a field that client outputs to by default - you'll get an error. When SOE added numbers to the group window, they also patched EQ client to send data to these fields by default.

You can do one of the following: either tinked with your group window, and add those numbers to places that agree with you, or (as I did), if you already have numbers showing, rename the screen IDs for those numbers to the new default field names you get errors about.

Or, you can add those fields in, but make them something like 1 pixel in size, and stuff that pixel in some corner.
Old 11-02-2003, 11:49 PM   #25
Viledain Von'ko
A Gray Wolf

Server: Tunare
Send a message via ICQ to Viledain Von'ko
Default like this

The group window I use in my UI is set up just like this; and through similar changes that were mentioned here I got it to not throw any errors and look right.

The problem I am having though is not with working/notworking, but with how it looks.

I tried to make the HP Guages have less distance between them vertically, by decreasing the distance between where each component starts and stops.

Visually it looks correct, properly spaced. The names and % labels are lined up properly and sized such that they fit on the guages.

But the problem is with tooltips from hovering the mouse and with clicking the guages.

Hovering over the bottom guage that corresponds to the last member of the party, targetable via F6 works properly, the tooltip shows his or her name, and clicking it targets them. But going up from that bar onward, hovering over a bar considers it as hovering over the bar below it.

So if I hover the mouse over the 5th bar, the name that shows up in tooltip is the 6th player, and clicking it targets the 6th player.

The Guage size is 24, but it always seems to be located at the bottom half of the 24 pixels allotted to it. I can't seem to find a way to change it to show at the top.

If I just resize it to 14, it cuts off the guage, rather than making the guage begin higher in it's relative position.

So my problem is that the tooltip/clicking of each particular guage overlaps to the guage above it so I can't click the person at F2 in group. Doing so targets who would be in F3, the guage below it.

So my question is: Is there anyway to fix this? Or must the group member HP guages remain further apart vertically to maintain proper targeting when clicking on the guage? (i.e. no overlap)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If at all possible I'd rather not have to make an overly large group window.
Viledain Von'ko is offline   Reply With Quote