Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 09-03-2008, 04:55 PM   #1
Fariona
A Ghoul

Server: Erollisi Marr
Default Vert is broke!!!

I would be highly thankful to anyone who can give me a patch of any sort to get vert at least working until they get the official patch done =D
Fariona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 05:03 PM   #2
ravx25
A Gray Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fariona
I would be highly thankful to anyone who can give me a patch of any sort to get vert at least working until they get the official patch done =D

Thats what worries me. I'm not sure Kinada still plays EQ much less works on the the UIs he worked on including Vert UI. Hopefully, he does though because default blows bad.
ravx25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 07:19 PM   #3
waldaorf
A Fire Beetle

*red alert, red alert!* someone plz go find kinada and get him fixin this! i have used vert cannabis for YEARS! and i'm an everquest addict, have been since the first day i touched the game >.< however i will quit before i conform to tryin to use the alienated piece of dog crap default ui.
waldaorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 08:20 PM   #4
Rementhebard
A Gray Wolf

Savok provided a fix for vert here - http://forums.theconcerthall.net/viewtopic.php?t=3583
Rementhebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 08:25 PM   #5
Pelman
A Fire Beetle

Savok's is a highly modified version of Vert -- i don't think you can just coppy those files over and have it update --

Any thoughts Savok?
Pelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 08:32 PM   #6
Rementhebard
A Gray Wolf

Oh is it really? I am sorry I was not aware of that
Rementhebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 08:53 PM   #7
majandra
A Hill Giant

Server: Xegony

I'd love to see an update to Vert cannabis as well. In the meantime, I'll see if Savok's will work for me.
majandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 08:55 PM   #8
PrincessLaurie
A Bat

It may be highly modified, but at least it works! Yay! I can play!!!
PrincessLaurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 08:56 PM   #9
Kellan
A Snow Cougar

Default easy diy fix

Vert works if you just add in the two chunks as listed in this post from another thread on this site:

http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=19778

Just copy/paste as directed in the 2nd post on the thread -- just have to change the one file. I just did it and it works.
Kellan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 09:47 PM   #10
Ruluvan
A Ghoul

this worked for me, i had originally copy and pasted to the wrong location, but now i'm solid
Ruluvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 11:09 PM   #11
TGirl
A Gray Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rementhebard
Savok provided a fix for vert here - http://forums.theconcerthall.net/viewtopic.php?t=3583

Forin speaking for Tallie:

For those using Vert, if the fix above doesn't work, there were four pieces found missing after I applied Savok's fix. Specifically:

Code:
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_book1[886] referenced but NEVER declared! XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_book2[887] referenced but NEVER declared! XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_book3[888] referenced but NEVER declared! XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_book4[889] referenced but NEVER declared!

Annoying that - they changed the spellbook. So, the fix is:

Insert the following into the EQUI_Animations file:

Code:
<!-- Incorporated A_Book# references as fix --> <Ui2DAnimation item="A_book1"> <Cycle>true</Cycle> <Frames> <Texture>blue_book1.tga</Texture> <Location> <X>0</X> <Y>0</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>256</CX> <CY>256</CY> </Size> <Duration>1000</Duration> </Frames> </Ui2DAnimation> <Ui2DAnimation item="A_book2"> <Cycle>true</Cycle> <Frames> <Texture>blue_book2.tga</Texture> <Location> <X>0</X> <Y>0</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>256</CX> <CY>256</CY> </Size> <Duration>1000</Duration> </Frames> </Ui2DAnimation> <Ui2DAnimation item="A_book3"> <Cycle>true</Cycle> <Frames> <Texture>blue_book3.tga</Texture> <Location> <X>0</X> <Y>0</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>256</CX> <CY>126</CY> </Size> <Duration>1000</Duration> </Frames> </Ui2DAnimation> <Ui2DAnimation item="A_book4"> <Cycle>true</Cycle> <Frames> <Texture>blue_book4.tga</Texture> <Location> <X>0</X> <Y>0</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>256</CX> <CY>126</CY> </Size> <Duration>1000</Duration> </Frames> </Ui2DAnimation> <!-- End Incorporation of A_Book# references -->

After the declaration:

Code:
<Ui2DAnimation item="A_SpellBookSlot"> <Cycle>true</Cycle> <Frames> <Texture>window_pieces01.tga</Texture> <Location> <X>130</X> <Y>170</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>48</CX> <CY>48</CY> </Size> <Hotspot> <X>0</X> <Y>0</Y> </Hotspot> <Duration>1000</Duration> </Frames> </Ui2DAnimation>

and before the line:

Code:
<Ui2DAnimation item="A_LeftArrowBtnNormal">

That fixed Tallie - she doesn't have the new buttons and gets the old familiar "your UI is not loading correctly, you should switch to default" message (i.e. you don't have you nifty new features), but the core of it works just like before.

Hope that helps!

Good luck!

Last edited by TGirl : 09-03-2008 at 11:15 PM.
TGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 01:10 AM   #12
OpFor
A Ghoul

Can someone please just post a full file that is fixed?
OpFor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 01:27 PM   #13
OpFor
A Ghoul

Really no offense but if you are going to post this, you should make sure it the latest version, so people dont get the pearl necklace effect.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:44 PM   #14
majandra
A Hill Giant

Server: Xegony

I have no clue what pearl necklace effect you are talking about. With vert cannabis, I have no problems.

Therefore, I removed my last post for simplicity's sake.
majandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 01:59 PM   #15
OpFor
A Ghoul

For some people there is a bug with new LoN graphics where the item appears as a pearl necklace in inventory.

http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/s...=pearl+necklace

Gives you a link to the solution, I really do appreciate your assistance the entire borked UI thing is getting me a bit frustrated atm.