Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Old 12-22-2009, 01:31 PM   #1
SmileyFAAce
A Wooly Rhino

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default My goodbye to all I am retiring.

I have Retired.

I wish to apologize to everyone.

I recently saw a TV program about Google and its services on how they effect our privacy.

To make it short.. read this from CNET

I found in my Temporary internet files, visiting the Home page, on this site called..

google.com-analytics.com/ga.js

After researching this, ( I googled it )
I found. well.. you google it.

http://www.customizegoogle.com/bloc...cs-cookies.html
Quote:
Google Analytics (also known as Urchin) is a service from Google that helps website owners analyze how users use their sites. Information about your use of a certain website (including your IP address) can automatically be transmitted to and stored by Google using cookies.

I asked in EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Chit Chat about this in my post
http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=20589

It got removed.. no comments.. no message in the Private Messages.. So I posted again

EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Chit Chat
found here

Mind you, I was upset that my question wasn't answered. And I wasn't notified why it got deleated. ( how was I to know it got moved ).

After careful consideration, I am saying goodbye folks.

I do wish you the best of luck.. and I very much wish to thank everyone for there support... help... and joy they have giving me.

Dolby..Cairenn, I never intended to display ( first of all ) any anger. Keyboards don't express emotion.. As you see Dolby, I did not know the first post got moved. (second of all ) Cairenn, I was asking questions..The way I got them answered, caused me to have more of a percentage to leave EQInterface.

I never wished to bow out like this .. that's for sure.

Anyway, Take care.

This maybe petty to some.. but that is just another arguement I don't wish to get into.

SmileyFAAce

Wonder if this will get moved too. Or even deleated.

Last edited by SmileyFAAce : 12-23-2009 at 06:09 AM. Reason: I forgot to say Merry Christmas : (
SmileyFAAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 02:02 PM   #2
danille
Feeling Elemental?

Server: Bristlebane

Bye smiley!

Danille Impholder
The Magician's Tower
Bristlebane ~ Sol Invictus
Keep Norrath Safe
Caretaker of AYA
danille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 03:05 PM   #3
Dolby
Lord Dolby of Veeshan

Server: Veeshan

SmileyFAAce, your actions are what showed emotion. Taking your ball and going home basically (removing your files).

Quote:
Mind you, I was upset that my question wasn't answered. And I wasn't notified why it got deleated. ( how was I to know it got moved ).

You have been a member here how long? You can easly find all your threads by clicking on your name and choosing "Find More Posts by SmileyFAAce". We have never sent a PM to people when we move threads and have never had a problem in the 7 years we've been open.

I was up for some discussion in your original thread but you have yet to reply.

Millions of site use google analytics to keep track of their stats, its basically required if you are to show ads on a very busy network/site. So you might as well stop surfing the web. I did offer a solution that many people use and its a plug-in called "no script" and thats the only way you'll get away from 3rd party stats trackers. Google is just 1 of 100 out there that webmasters use.

Its a free service, sign up and test it out your self instead of taking some one elses warped word on it because they may be in bed with a competing service. Remeber TV is hurting because of the internet so its in their best interest to scare you.

Last edited by Dolby : 12-22-2009 at 03:54 PM.
Dolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 03:39 PM   #4
Dimencia
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileyFAAce
I have Retired.

It got removed..

Woot!!! your unretired!

Quote:
Mind you, I was upset that my question wasn't answered.

Have you tried Blue Infinity UI it fixes everything!

Quote:
Anyway, Take care.
This maybe petty to some.. but that is just another arguement I don't wish to get into.
SmileyFAAce

Well now that you have blown off the steam, look back and just let it go, you enjoy being here "." besides with out your hack work what else would we pull our hair out tring to understand just what you did!
Old 12-23-2009, 02:57 AM   #5
Selket
A Gray Wolf

Server: The Nameless

Hope you are not retiring from EQ.
The Nameless Server.
Selket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 03:03 AM   #6
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Smiley, I really don't appreciate the way you keep misleading everyone. Your post was not deleted. It was moved. Period. Stop trying to create yet more drama just because you didn't get catered to the way you wanted.

Quote:
I have Retired.

I wish to apologize to everyone.

[yadda yadda yadda, repeating the same thing that you posted in your original thread, no need to post it yet a third time.]

It got removed.. no comments.. no message in the Private Messages.. So I posted again

No it did not get removed. Stop with the innuendo that it did, when you know full well it didn't.

Quote:
EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Chit Chat

You weren't notified, because it wasn't deleted. And it's not like it was hard for you to find where it had been moved to.

Quote:
After careful consideration, I am saying goodbye folks.

I do wish you the best of luck.. and I very much wish to thank everyone for there support... help... and joy they have giving me.

Dolby..Cairenn, I never intended to display ( first of all ) any anger. Keyboards don't express emotion.. As you see Dolby, I did not know the first post got moved. (second of all ) Cairenn, I was asking questions. The way I got them answered, caused me to have more of a percentage to leave EQInterface.

So if I read this right, the "way" you got them answered is why you are leaving. And what is wrong with the way you were answered? Just because you didn't like the answer, just because we didn't bow and scrape to you doesn't make our answer wrong. You asked questions, you were answered openly and honestly, with plenty of room to have rational discussion about it. You are the one choosing to make this some sort of big deal where there is none.

Quote:

Anyway, Take care.

After all, Rumor is.. Google wants to put out an opperating system so MS and Google are in a war. I just asked questions about what this site uses. I never intended to get the reply I did. ( I knew this rumer ahead of my post and therefore was asking questions only )

You "never intended to get the reply you did." What did you intend? That we agree with you out of hand and immediately change everything to suit you?

Quote:
SmileyFAAce

Wonder if this will get moved too. Or even deleated.

Why would it get deleted? Again with the inference that we delete threads out of hand, when that is patently and demonstratively untrue.

Regardless, best of luck to you in whatever you do next. Safe travels.

Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group

Last edited by Cairenn : 12-23-2009 at 03:21 AM.
Cairenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 12:27 AM   #7
SmileyFAAce
A Wooly Rhino

For what it's worth, sorry for all that crap back then mods.
:/
SmileyFAAce is offline   Reply With Quote