Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > Graphics modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 01-27-2019, 12:33 AM   #1
Silfh
A Gray Wolf

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Spell Icons for 4k

I've been trying to make the EQUI_CastSpellWnd bigger (for my 4K monitor) but have been stumped by trying to make the spell icons bigger. I can make the background bigger easily enough. Even move the spell gem so that it's centered. But, for the life of me, can't seem to make the actual spell icon larger to fill whatever space I've created larger.

For example, the first spell gem:

<SpellGem item="CSPW_Spell0">
<ScreenID>CSPW_Spell0</ScreenID>
<RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition>
<Size>
<CX>48</CX>
<CY>40</CY>
</Size>
<SpellGemDrawTemplate>
<Holder>A_SpellGemHolder</Holder>
<Background>A_SpellGemBackground</Background>
<Highlight>A_SpellGemHighlight</Highlight>
</SpellGemDrawTemplate>
<SpellIconOffsetX>12</SpellIconOffsetX>
<SpellIconOffsetY>8</SpellIconOffsetY>
</SpellGem>

Increasing CX and CY makes the gem holder larger, but does nothing to the spell gem/icon itself. I tried an image converter to make gemicons01.tga bigger. It made the image file (and presumably the images themselves) larger, but it didn't expand the image/gem/icon bigger to fill the larger gem holder. This seems like it should be easy or done before, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

I found Janakin's excellent work on various pieces to support 4K (hotbutton, container) and have tweaked some others based on Janakin's work to support larger fonts and gauges, etc (extended target window, petinfowindow, playerwindow, targetoftarget). I just can't seem to get the casting bar to show bigger spell icons.

Last edited by Silfh : 01-30-2019 at 06:58 PM. Reason: clarification
Silfh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 04:17 PM   #2
xSabbat
A Fire Beetle

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default better late than never, right?

better late than never, right?

Code:
<SpellGem item="CSPW_Spell0"> <ScreenID>CSPW_Spell0</ScreenID> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Size> <CX>54</CX> <CY>54</CY> </Size> <SpellGemDrawTemplate> <Holder>CSW_SpellGemHolder</Holder> <Background>CSW_SpellGemBackground</Background> </SpellGemDrawTemplate> <SpellIconOffsetX>3</SpellIconOffsetX> <SpellIconOffsetY>3</SpellIconOffsetY> <SpellIconSizeX>48</SpellIconSizeX> <SpellIconSizeY>48</SpellIconSizeY> </SpellGem>
xSabbat is offline   Reply With Quote