Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 07-20-2020, 07:58 PM   #1
Nobowi
A Gray Wolf

Default Discord channel?

Is there a EQUI Discord channel that has users who are currently or existing members on the forums here who are still actively making UIs?

I have some renders I made myself and want to learn how to create my own UI and get it submitted up here.. Could I possibly get a few answers to some questions that I have? Seeing that Google isnt being able to resolve my issues
Nobowi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 04:53 PM   #2
Halelen
Lord Doljonijiarnimorinar

Server: Povar
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobowi
Is there a EQUI Discord channel that has users who are currently or existing members on the forums here who are still actively making UIs?

I have some renders I made myself and want to learn how to create my own UI and get it submitted up here.. Could I possibly get a few answers to some questions that I have? Seeing that Google isnt being able to resolve my issues

dont know about a discord channel but glad to answer any questions.
Halelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 01:14 AM   #3
Nobowi
A Gray Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halelen
dont know about a discord channel but glad to answer any questions.

So I am SUPER new to UI yeah? I am tech savy and I do a bit of coding so I have a feel for whats goin on..

I am interested in learning on how to make my graphics? to be used for my UI?

As an example.. if I wanted to change my player window completely.. how can I change the background of the window? and how can I make the bars / graphic / colors / etc to be what I want them to based off of the images I have created using GIMP (saving the finished files as .tga)
Nobowi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 06:47 AM   #4
Halelen
Lord Doljonijiarnimorinar

Server: Povar
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobowi
So I am SUPER new to UI yeah? I am tech savy and I do a bit of coding so I have a feel for whats goin on..

I am interested in learning on how to make my graphics? to be used for my UI?

As an example.. if I wanted to change my player window completely.. how can I change the background of the window? and how can I make the bars / graphic / colors / etc to be what I want them to based off of the images I have created using GIMP (saving the finished files as .tga)

There are several ways to do it. You can replace the existing tga files or you can give them unique names. Then you either need to declare them in the animations file or the .XML file. Basically you have to tell the program where to find the graphic. Then on the specific XML you have to tell it where you want the graphic placed in the window. I have used both methods. Changing back ground is same except you have to list it It in the templates .XML. I just took one of the ones I didn't care about and told it to reference my background. Then in the bottom of each .XML I told it to use that window design. Clear as mud?
Halelen is offline   Reply With Quote