Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > General UI Talk > hybrids
User Name
Password

Old 12-03-2003, 03:01 PM   #1
t3t0ca19
A Snow Cougar

Default Ranger Ui

I am looking for a good ranger ui... I have seen some good ones.. but i like how this looks http://www.eqinterface.com/sdownloa....php?s=&id=2724
And i was hopeing some one could put that into a ranger ui.. it would like nice

Hope it can be done...
t3t0ca19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 12:17 PM   #2
valadonis
A Fire Beetle

Server: Terris Thule
Send a message via Yahoo to valadonis
Smile RE: Ranger Ui

I hope I'm not over stating the obvious too much... but you can put the class animations from T.King into any interface (including the default) yourself just by following the instructions given in the same place you downloaded it from (assuming you downloaded it from here or from T.King directly).

I've heard that if you want to make slight modifications to the default UI, that you should make a copy of the default directory in the uifiles directry and give it a new name before copying new files into it... this is not the case. To modify the default UI, simply create a new empty directory in the uifiles directory and give it the name you want, then create or copy new or changed UI files into that directory. Any standard UI file that doesn't appear in that new directory will cause the game to read the default information from the files in the actual "default" directory.

Anyway, I hope this helps... personally I've been lazy too and looking for a Ranger UI that's already been made... but I think I'm gonna try my hand at making my own.

Wish me luck!
valadonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 08:51 PM   #3
sleepingferret
A Gray Wolf

the only problem with letting the game find the default ui files on its own, is that the UIErrors log file gets hammered. every time a file is called from the default set when using a custom UI, the error log puts in an entry stating that a file could not be located and the default file for the object will be used.

i didn't notice this, until i noticed i had lost hard drive space for no apparent reason. when i checked all the log files for EQ...my UIErrors log was 100+ MB. and every entry was just saying it was going to use the default file for an object.

despite all the instructions not to copy anything into your custom ui directory besides the files that are customized, i recommend otherwise.

i haven't had any problems with doing so, i may have to manually edit a few more files when SOE changes the UI files; but to me that's not much of an issue.
sleepingferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 11:06 PM   #4
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

*pulls her hair out*

Don't do that!

If your UIError.txt log file is getting huge, it's because there is a problem. My log file is about average size, at 12 kb. If yours is getting huge, you need to find out why, not just copy over the default directory.
Cairenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 11:19 PM   #5
forry
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Server: Tarew Marr
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
the only problem with letting the game find the default ui files on its own, is that the UIErrors log file gets hammered. every time a file is called from the default set when using a custom UI, the error log puts in an entry stating that a file could not be located and the default file for the object will be used.

I don't think this statement is true. The UIErrors.txt file only gets updated once when you load a new UI or log into the game. If you load another UI, it will overwrite the file with a completely new one, not add to the end of it. This file is not updated everytime a new window is opened in game. If your UIErrors.txt file is getting very large, there is probably a graphics problem (can't find a graphics file that is being called for) or something to that nature.

forry is offline   Reply With Quote