Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Released
User Name
Password

Old 03-12-2008, 05:35 PM   #16
Brighid741
A Tempest Toad

Server: The Seventh Hammer
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

LoN has been causing random crashes for people since the last patch (2/28/08). Doesn't matter if you're using a custom UI or the Default. It's been on the SOE form ever since the patch.

Brighid741 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:09 PM   #17
Darkmourn
A Tundra Mammoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brighid741
LoN has been causing random crashes for people since the last patch (2/28/08). Doesn't matter if you're using a custom UI or the Default. It's been on the SOE form ever since the patch.
Awesome, thank you. Well, not awesome because no one likes crashes, but at least it isn't anything UI specific.
Darkmourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 02:54 AM   #18
Darkmourn
A Tundra Mammoth

Just letting everyone know that a major revision to DurtyDelt is in the works and almost finished. I anticipate uploading it sometime over the weekend if I can get all the bugs worked out. All errors that I know of have been fixed, all the graphics have been updated, and better functionality for 1680 x 1050 resolution is included (since that is what I play at).

Thanks for being patient, and for enjoying this UI along with me.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:26 AM   #19
Darkmourn
A Tundra Mammoth

Uploading the new version of DurtyDelt right now. I am archiving the original descriptions and updates here for historical purposes. Please note, this is NOT the up-to-date description anymore.
Quote:
This UI is a variant of the DurtyDelt UI originally created by Jordaan, formerly of Triune. It has been updated several times since its inception, and I have changed some of his original designs to fit my own preferences over the years. Full credit goes to him however; all I did was fix a few things up to make them work with this expansion and to suit my own tastes. I mainly offer this up as partial repayment for the years of use this UI has given me, and I hope that others will continue to enjoy it.

Please note that this is to suit my tastes. Feel free to change anything you want to fit yours. I do not use WoW icons like the original DurtyDelt, nor do I use the inventory that came with it, etc. Most likely I will not be making modifications that I won't use, but others are more than welcome to do so.

I play in 1680 x 1050 resolution, but the UI itself is designed to work in 1280 x 1024. If you squish it all together without the extra hotbar, text window, and bandolier/potion belt, it fits in 1280 size. Changing your viewport, whatever the resolution, also helps immensely.

Unzip the folder and place it in your uifiles directory under whatever name you choose. It will work as is.

I have included the blue colored pieces from the original DurtyDelt in a subfolder, so just copy those into the main if you prefer the blue.

I shortened the buff bar to 23 buffs for now, but the full 25 are available if you extend the size. To do so easily, copy the xml file out of the "25 buff bar" subfolder into the main folder.

Copy either the 1680 or 1280 folders into the main directory according to the resolution you use.

I have used the custom targeting ring from here: http://www.eqinterface.com/download...nfo.php?id=5136 because I liked how it looked. I also customized the bandolier and potion belt to fit in the excess space I had. Upon discovering that I couldn't add the functionality for either to another window (thereby keeping them open at all times), I quit before doing much with the potion belt. If they ever change the hardcoding, I will definitely be updating that part of this UI. The bandolier does not show the ammo slot, because I don't care, but it is drawn off screen to prevent XML errors. If you do not wish to keep the targetting ring, bandolier, and potion window that I have used, delete those files. They will return to default if you do so, and work just fine.

I also use a modified version of the "classic" inventory updated with the new Power Source slot and the additional Alternate Currency tab. The orginal DurtyDelt has nice custom inventory slot backgrounds, but I'm not enough of an artist to make a new one for the Power Source, so right now it has the default EQ one.

No xml errors except for the Class Animation in the inventory window, which I purposely left out. It does not cause it to display a red xml error when loading the UI however.

Enjoy, and thank you to Jordaan for the original creation of this fantastic UI.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, the clickies are laid out to suit my personal use. If you wish to change those clicky slots, all you need to do is find the appropriate section in the EQUI_HotButtonWnd.xml file. Open the file with Wordpad or something similar, search for "Right Click Pieces 1" (without the quotes) and then change the EQType for each slot as you see fit, using the list on the forums of this board. (Please note, some EQTypes have changed with TBS, so make sure you have the updated listing)

Also note, pressing the tiny little 2 above the clickies will take you to a second page, which shows all 8 bag slots, primary, secondary, ranged, and ammo as well.

Version 1.1: Added melee HoTT functionality.

Version 1.2: Updated Potion Belt and EQ Button, ideas shamelessly stolen from the DeltaX Add-On Pack.
Cleaned up a few graphics that bothered me.
Moved Spellbook button over and changed the word "Spellbook" to now show the name of the spell being cast.
Began implementation of custom pieces specifically for 1680 x 1050 resolution. Simply copy the files from the subfolder if you use that resolution. Right now all I have done is include a right clicky area next to the group window, which can be modified as desired, but I hope to find something else to do with that spot. Possibly a pet window.

Plans for 1680 version:
Combat Abilities window for hybrids stretching across the top of the left chat box to connect the two graphic pieces.
Figure out something to put in the blank space in the bottom right after CA window is moved.
Same with the blank area above the new right clicks on the far right.

Version 1.3: Added additional Potion Belt slot. Fixed the hideous new item window to work with this UI. Fixed an issue with the BigBank file, which apparently wasn't changed but for some reason made me crash after the patch. Full functionality with 7-05-07 Patch. Re-uploaded entire directory for those having problems still. Directory is now self-contained, with self-explanatory subdirectories for those wishing different resolutions, blue pieces, caster or non-caster, etc.

Version 9-5-07: Abandoned version numbers in favor of date, since I can't even keep track of how many revisions this has had. Minor updates to keep up to date with current patch, and also added a missing graphic reference I had forgotten, that was preventing some of the new LoN items from having the proper inventory graphic.

Version 11-13-07: Updated for use with SoF, including 10th spell gem, 2 extra buff slots, and extra potion slot. PLEASE NOTE this is a work in progress. While everything should work just fine for now, I am aware of several minor graphical glitches, extra bandolier slot needed, etc. I am in the process of completely redoing all of the graphics and re-lining up everything. Several of the windows have the new graphics already, like the hotbutton window and the HoTT/Spell Bar. Also, currently the blue pieces do not work (and may never again since I don't use them), and it is possible that the melee version got screwed up, but I haven't tested it. Therefore, and this is very important:

PLEASE INSTALL THE LATEST REVISION IN A NEW FOLDER, AND KEEP YOUR OLD ONE IN CASE SOMETHING ISN'T THE WAY YOU WANT IT.

I can't stress this enough. This is a work in progress, and unexpected bugs are likely to pop up, so RIGHT NOW if something isn't the way you want it with my new version, you can revert to the old one and all you will be missing is the 10th gem, extra buff slots, etc. Not optimal I know, but still playable (alt-0 casts your 10th spell btw, in case you have to load the old version after memming the spell).

Also, I removed the loot window for now and am using the default one, since they added the "Loot All" button, and I didn't want to take the time to fix that window right now. And since the only time I ever have to scroll is when looting my corpse, and now I can just press Loot All, it doesn't really matter if it scrolls. But I'll see about fixing it later, or using one someone else comes up with.

Version 11-17-07: A continuation of the above update, please follow those steps. I have updated the melee combat abilities window to work with the new graphics, so all you need to do is copy the one file out of the appropriate alternate pieces folder. This means that if you only play pure casters and pure melee, you can use the exact same UI. If you play a hybrid however, use that CA window instead. Also, I have updated the potion window to a horizontal version that I like better. Both options are available, again under the alternate pieces folder.

I am continuing work on updating the rest of the graphics, but am focusing on functionality first so everyone can keep playing without interruption.

Version 1-3-08: Updated to include a few new LoN graphics.
I repeat, this is simply an archive, NOT the current description.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:57 AM   #20
Darkmourn
A Tundra Mammoth

New version released 7-9-08:

This UI is a variant of the DurtyDelt UI originally created by Jordaan, formerly of Triune. It has been updated several times since its inception, and I have changed some of his original designs to fit my own preferences over the years. I mainly offer this up as partial repayment for the years of use this UI has given me, and I hope that others will continue to enjoy it.

Please install the entire contents of the zip file into a new directory.

Major new features:

DurtyDelt is now optimized specifically for 1680 x 1050 resolution, although it will still work well at 1280 x 1024. I have included pieces specifically for use at that size in fact, and they can be found in a subfolder.

All graphic elements are now completely redone, eliminating most of the pixelation, color bleed, etc. from countless updates over the years. Everything should be much cleaner and sharper now. Sorry, but the blue version is a thing of the past because I don't use it. Someone with some skill in Photoshop might be able to mess with the hue and make them work, but I will not be officially supporting them myself. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Reworked the pet window to fit seamlessly with the rest of the UI, and fixed the pet buff icons to show all pet buffs instead of the overlapping mishmash it was before.

Added a new combat abilities window for hybrids that fits above the pet window, allowing quicker mouse access and a cleaner overall look. This is one of the 1680-specific pieces, so the old combat abilities window is still available in a subfolder. Melee combat abilities window is unchanged, and also available in a subfolder.

Changed the potion window to be horizontal and integrated with the rest of the UI. The old vertical version is still available in a subfolder.

Changed the "con" indicator to the 8-way arrow "Chaos" symbol because I was tired of a simple circle, and I found a larger one much easier to notice at a glance (and tell the difference between white con and grey con). However, the old circle is available in a subfolder as well if you don't like the new one.

Reworked the group window, specifically the clicky window attached to it. Again, this is a 1680-specific piece, so if you play in a lower resolution OR just don't like those clickies being there, copy the 1280 piece over instead.

Please note that the clickies are designed in a specific layout to facilitate grouping several clickies/weapons together in bags that all work in one inventory slot. I have taken a screenshot with my first 3 (vertical) bags open to show exactly how those slots all line up. If you like your clickies a specific way, PLEASE make note of them before copying this version over it, because they WILL be changed once you do. And any further updates are likely to do the same, so ALWAYS keep a backup of where your clickies are if you know how to change them yourself. If not, you'll just have to move them around to fit mine, sorry. I can't possibly keep everyone happy on this front because everyone will have a different preference.

The new buff timers Sony added this patch work well enough with this buff layout, so I didn't change anything. There's nothing I can do about the timer for bard buffs hanging out to the right, as they are hard coded (as many people will be complaining about in the coming weeks I'm sure).

I'm probably forgetting something else that changed, but that's all I can think of for now. I hope everyone enjoys the changes as much as I do.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:33 AM   #21
ziinnja
A Fire Beetle

Server: brell
Default Im confused on how to set up the ui

I downloaded your ui , looks GREAT on your pic, but when i load it, its all in pieces that i cannot figure out for the LIFE of me how to set up so it looks like yours, there was no readme file or anything to explain this.. I am using windows vista, and using the 1680x1050 mode

PLEASE HELP!
Ziinnja

Last edited by ziinnja : 07-10-2008 at 11:02 AM.
ziinnja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:32 AM   #22
Darkmourn
A Tundra Mammoth

There is no readme file as there is nothing to explain other than showing you a picture of it, because there is no way I could put into words where to put each piece. Make sure the pieces aren't locked, first of all, so that you can move them around. Also, make sure that you turn on at least the second hotkey bar, otherwise the lower left buttons will be missing. Other than that, if you can't get them to match the picture, I will re-zip the file this evening after work if I get a chance, and include my layout so you can use the "copy layout" option in game.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:43 AM   #23
ziinnja
A Fire Beetle

Server: brell
Default Thanks !

I appreciate it much
I could really use that. cuz i dont see how you set your ui up to look like the pic, i can drag the bars and such, but i dont see all the options and windows you have on your pic to put them together to make it look like yours.
ziinnja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 07:43 PM   #24
Darkmourn
A Tundra Mammoth

Redid the zip file to include a UI_DurtyDelt_cazic.ini file that you can copy into your main EQ directory and then use the copy layout feature in game.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:41 PM   #25
tokenn88
A Fire Beetle

Default action window and hotbuttons

Hi, i have just started using this UI and so far its great, im sure ill stick with it a long time.

but one issue is bugging me, i cant seem to move any button from the action window (e.g range attack) to my hotkey bars? why might this be an how do i solve it? or am i being really daft?

Thanks for the great UI and the help.

Last edited by tokenn88 : 07-16-2008 at 06:30 AM. Reason: typo
tokenn88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 06:40 PM   #26
Darkmourn
A Tundra Mammoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokenn88
Hi, i have just started using this UI and so far its great, im sure ill stick with it a long time.

but one issue is bugging me, i cant seem to move any button from the action window (e.g range attack) to my hotkey bars? why might this be an how do i solve it? or am i being really daft?

Thanks for the great UI and the help.
Unless I'm misunderstanding, that should work just fine no matter what UI you are using. I do it all the time.

Unless you are referring to the "right click" buttons all over my UI, in which case those are coded via the xml files and cannot be changed in game. Only the real hotkey bars, two of which are across the top, one in the lower left, and one just above it on the left, have the functionality you are looking for. All other right click spots are coded by me, how I like them, but are fairly easily changed by anyone that wants to do so. There is a post somewhere earlier here talking a little about it, and several in the main forums as well, that explain how to do that if that is what you are looking for.

If it is the four actual hotkey bars, I have no idea because they work fine for myself and anyone else I have asked.
Old 07-18-2008, 12:14 PM   #27
tokenn88
A Fire Beetle

Default i was being daft

after much trial and tribulation, i found out i was being daft. I hadn't played the game in a LONG time (5-6years) and was holding the mouse button down long enough for it to allow me to drag it!

So i guess i best apologise for wasting time

thanks though.
tokenn88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 09:06 PM   #28
Xunil
A Bat

Server: Fennin Ro
Default Wont Load

I am using an old version of Dirty Delt (maybe beginning of this year version) and it works fine, I tried to load this in a seperate directory and it doesnt give any errors just refreshes to default gui. Any ideas?

BTW thanks so much for keeping this gui alive, I have used it for 6 years.
Xunil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 10:42 PM   #29
Darkmourn
A Tundra Mammoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xunil
I am using an old version of Dirty Delt (maybe beginning of this year version) and it works fine, I tried to load this in a seperate directory and it doesnt give any errors just refreshes to default gui. Any ideas?

BTW thanks so much for keeping this gui alive, I have used it for 6 years.
Sorry, I must have missed this somehow since it was the same day as the last post. if you are still getting the default UI loaded, check to make sure that the folder you put it into doesn't have any spaces first of all. If you make a folder called "Durty Delt" for example, EQ will NOT load the UI. You would have to call it "DurtyDelt" or something similar. I learned that the hard way years ago.

If that doesn't fix it, I'm not sure what to tell you, because it works fine on mine and everyone else I know.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:01 PM   #30
Stanik
A Gray Wolf

I know this might be a bit of a reach..but any chance you could make a version compatible with Beta? Testing with default is a whole lot of "MEH" but i understand if you can't. Figured I would give it a shot.
Stanik is offline   Reply With Quote